Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Blackmon Pick: Can't say enough about Blackmon (MERGE)

54 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sorry I remember people saying things like this on draft night about Blackmon.

I don't recall that. His ball skills and were generally viewed as a strength of his.

• Like 1

University of Utah fan here. Julian Blackmon grew up 15 minutes from where I live. I came to see what you all thought of him.  He was a baller at Utah transitioned seamlessly from CB to FS. He has always been a ball hawk and sure tackler. Surprised to see you guys didn't like him when he got drafted.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, tgb123 said:

University of Utah fan here. Julian Blackmon grew up 15 minutes from where I live. I came to see what you all thought of him.  He was a baller at Utah transitioned seamlessly from CB to FS. He has always been a ball hawk and sure tackler. Surprised to see you guys didn't like him when he got drafted.

I think it was more the ACL injury that concerned people.

• Like 2
  • NFLfan changed the title to The Blackmon Pick: Can't say enough about Blackmon (MERGE)

He is really quite a remarkable player considering this is what, just his 20th start ever at FS between college and the pros. That along with an ACL tear in the middle leaving him with no training camp to prepare for the pros.

Some players just have it man. He is a special talent, no doubt.

• Like 2

I was meh about it on draft night.  Didn't hate it, didn't love it.  Just meh. 

He's been anything but meh thus far.  He's been outstanding.  Just be careful folks: I remember some saying Hooker was looking pretty good too until he started getting injured.  Let's just enjoy the job he has done so far without putting too much on the kid's future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
17 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

He is really quite a remarkable player considering this is what, just his 20th start ever at FS between college and the pros.

Actually, he only started 12 games at FS in college. Before that he was a cornerback. Even more remarkable!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Usually players are timid coming off cal injuries. He hasn’t showed any of that.

Remember how people said Hooker needed a season to get back up to speed after his ACL injury? Now you see why that was bogus. 

Blackmon is excellent coming off an injury in his ROOKIE year. I honestly think it’s scheme fit though. Much like Quincy Wilson and Nate Hairston, Hooker had his best year in Pagano’s press-man scheme. He’s a single high safety. He has no place in a cover-2. 

I also have to believe another two INT’s puts him in the DROY conversation.

41 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Remember how people said Hooker needed a season to get back up to speed after his ACL injury? Now you see why that was bogus. 

Each person heals differently plus not all ACL injuries are the same in severity. 

• Like 1