Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marcus Johnson Appreciation Thread


Recommended Posts

He is really fast and tracks the ball so well. That was funny when rivers over threw him with everyone thinking rivers arm stinks. If he can keep this up it should open up TY a little. Also it should help the run game. When your hitting deep like that if opens everything up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

EastStreet, have you changed your mind about this guy? I know you had your doubts.  I love the kid. The Colts had better not try to move him back to the PS ( if they even can at this point) or he’ll be snapped up. He’s earned a permanent spot on the 53. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pascal had a great touchdown today too. We need that from him and Johnson.

3 minutes ago, Hoose said:

EastStreet, have you changed your mind about this guy? I know you had your doubts.  I love the kid. The Colts had better not try to move him back to the PS ( if they even can at this point) or he’ll be snapped up. He’s earned a permanent spot on the 53. 

I think they officially signed him to the 53. No more going back to the PS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hoose said:

EastStreet, have you changed your mind about this guy? I know you had your doubts.  I love the kid. The Colts had better not try to move him back to the PS ( if they even can at this point) or he’ll be snapped up. He’s earned a permanent spot on the 53. 

They can move him back to the PS, but I don't think we can move him back without being exposed to being picked up by another team anymore. 

 

He isn't going anywhere, even when we are back to full health, if that even happens.(Campbell)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

I was ticked when they cut him loose last time. He's a player. 

I actually thought he was going to win the #6 spot coming into the season.

 

Was surprised when he didn't, even more surprised when he wasn't signed to PS immediately.

 

Might of been him trying to catch on to another teams 53.?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, w87r said:

They can move him back to the PS, but I don't think we can move him back without being exposed to being picked up by another team anymore. 

 

He isn't going anywhere, even when we are back to full health, if that even happens.(Campbell)

He was officially signed to the 53 this week. No more going back to the PS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He was officially signed to the 53 this week. No more going back to the PS.

He can go back to the practice squad, he would just have to clear waivers this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

 

If course he can but they officially signed him to the 53 this week so that isn’t happening.

Maybe you should phrase your post to show it as an opinion and not a fact/rule.

 

I don't think he will be going back to practice squad either, but that doesn't mean he cant. Which was the question asked by Hoose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, w87r said:

Maybe you should phrase your post to show it as an opinion and not a fact/rule.

 

I don't think he will be going back to practice squad either, but that doesn't mean he cant. Which was the question asked by Hoose.

The point was it was different this week then the previous weeks when they just brought him up and would revert back. He was officially signed to the 53 which is different the the rules this year where they just go back to the ps.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve always liked him and was a little disappointed when he didn’t make the final roster.  I think like Pascal last year he’s found a home here now.

48 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

 

 

I had been wondering why he wasn't kept. Now we know.

Kinda ironic that he’s back because of injuries lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The point was it was different this week then the previous weeks when they just brought him up and would revert back. He was officially signed to the 53 which is different the the rules this year where they just go back to the ps.

Hoose asked the question, if he was able to go back to the PS.

 

He can, that's the facts.

 

 

You answered his question with an opinion(presented as facts) that he wasn't able to. Then doubled down on it by responding to me answering Hoose's question, again with an opinion.

 

I even answered his question with the fact he would be subject to being scooped up by another team if we did try and send him back there. You still quoted me like he couldn't go back. "No more going back to PS" <-- your words = opinion, not the rules.

 

Good back pedal. If you're going to answer a question someone ask on rules, don't answer them with your opinion.

 

Answer with facts.

 

Yes, Johnson can go back to the PS. He most likely will not, but by the rules he can.

 

That was the question. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, w87r said:

Hoose asked the question, if he was able to go back to the PS.

 

He can, that's the facts.

 

 

You answered his question with an opinion(presented as facts) that he wasn't able to. Then doubled down on it by responding to me answering Hoose's question, again with an opinion.

 

I even answered his question with the fact he would be subject to being scooped up by another team if we did try and send him back there. You still quoted me like he couldn't go back. "No more going back to PS" <-- your words = opinion, not the rules.

 

Good back pedal. If you're going to answer a question someone ask on rules, don't answer them with your opinion.

 

Answer with facts.

 

Yes, Johnson can go back to the PS. He most likely will not, but by the rules he can.

 

That was the question. 

Exactly, if it’s a can he?  Yes.  Should he?  Heck no.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MarquisJ said:

This guy is unbelievable. Being able to come off the street and play the way he did was nice to see. Not too sure if he’s not the best WR on the team. Certainly was today!

Do you realize how depressing that is though?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was going to post this same thread about Johnson. He always had a knack for catching some deep balls and a few contested catches every now and then. I was glad to see him back. I hope he sticks around, very underrated player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • The Colts will have an easier time prying Watson out of Houston than the top pick from the Jags.  
    • Way too early to know.      I mean I could say I want a free agent but we don’t know whose going to be available or what the price tag would be.  With the draft they haven’t had to the combine or whatever the Combine will be this year to really give you an idea of where guys will be drafted.     just too many variables.     what I do know is that Ballard will address it.  So for now that’s good enough for me.
    • I don’t get the rage from the OP.  I don’t think anyone thinks if the Colts bring Jacoby back he’s going to be the long term answer at QB.  At most he’d be a bridge starter to a rookie but even that is unlikely.  If he’s brought back it would be as the back up QB.  It’s also not going to be close to the money he made before.  I also got the impression from Ballard’s presser it seemed like while he likes Jacoby he seemed to be saying it’s unlikely he would be back.   So I guess I don’t think there is much to worry about on this front.  
    • Just to give you an idea of how draft trades work when the Redskins moved up nine spots to pick 26 at the end of the first round it cost them two second rounders.  A first and second aren’t going to get you up high enough to take a QB unless someone majorly slips and if that happens you have to wonder why they are falling that far.  Yes Rodgers slipped but so Johnny Football and Brady Quinn and guys who have careers that turn out like that are far more common for QBs who slip that far in the first round than a guy like Rodgers.  They slip because teams don’t think he’s the guy.     Now with that said I do think that’s what Ballard was talking about when he said it takes a little luck.  He knows for them to get a QB early in the draft someone he really likes is going to have to slip some.  So I wouldn’t rule out him going up to get someone if they slip bit picking at 21 your talking mid first round at the earliest for a first and second.  They aren’t going to jump into the top ten for that.     the closet I can find to that kind of move is the Jets going up 12 picks from 17 to 5 to get Sanchez and it cost them a first, a second, and three players.  Point being it didn’t come cheap and 1st and 2nd alone isn’t going to get you where you want to be to get a stud QB when your picking 21 in all likely hood.  
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...