Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense???

Smonroe

14 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I have an idea. 

How about, in the first 15 minutes of a thread being posted, there is automatically a poll opened. The poll will ask one question. 

Is this a valuable topic?

That way, when bad threads like this are started, we can just vote and have the clutter removed from the main page. 

The defense got down 21-0 and looked really bad doing it before anyone could blink and looked really bad In the first half last week and there was the whole Jacksonville debacle.  Questioning them isn’t a bad thread even if it’s not popular with some.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

My only concern is it takes Eberflus a entire half to have a plan. Can we actually start looking good from the start of the game.

That's my concern with Eberflus.  He seems to have trouble game planing a team right out of the gate.  He's had a week to figure it out.  What gives?  The Steelers attacked the rookie Burrow and had great success.  We, on the other hand, just left it up to the front four and didn't have great success.  Teams know how we are going to play.  We are pretty easy to game plan for if you ask me.  

32 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

How many times did walker bite on the RB coming out of the back field leaving a big giant hole in coverage......

tons  he is amazing against the run though .   eberflus had some dumb calls though . i watch him put both walker and bobby at the line to pretend to blitz then run back to go into cover 2 but their back peddling as the wrs are just blowing by them and it created a giant hole .  i get the point is to get burrow to freak out and throw a quick short pass but burrow did not bite stayed calm and throw it right into the gap left by walker and bobby

At some point, something has to give with the pass defense. Gardner Minshew went 19/20, Baker threw for 300, and Burrow threw for 300 despite having a bottom 3 offensive line. Oh and let’s not forget AJ Green was extremely unproductive up to this point and people thought they even heard him saying trade me, but has his breakout game against the Colts. A swear a receiver and/or QB always has a breakout game against us.

10 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

At some point, something has to give with the pass defense. Gardner Minshew went 19/20, Baker threw for 300, and Burrow threw for 300 despite having a bottom 3 offensive line. Oh and let’s not forget AJ Green was extremely unproductive up to this point and people thought they even heard him saying trade me, but has his breakout game against the Colts. A swear a receiver and/or QB always has a breakout game against us.

Don't let the Bengals record fool you into thinking that Boyd, Green and Burrow are not very good players. 

Green had a breakout game because he is finally healthy. 

Boyd had over 1,000 yds receiving last season.

Burrow is the real deal. 

In each game the last two weeks, our defense has gotten torched in the first half, but then came back and held their own in the second half.

Do we think this is due to adjustments on our side, or due to the opposition just getting sloppy/stupid?

Either way, the defense did their job at the end today.  Would have liked to see them get a stop on 3rd and 9 last week, but you can't win them all.  Let's get healthy, keep improving, and see where this season takes us.

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

In each game the last two weeks, our defense has gotten torched in the first half, but then came back and held their own in the second half.

Do we think this is due to adjustments on our side, or due to the opposition just getting sloppy/stupid?

Either way, the defense did their job at the end today.  Would have liked to see them get a stop on 3rd and 9 last week, but you can't win them all.  Let's get healthy, keep improving, and see where this season takes us.

Well in a strange way it’s getting better.  The Jags game was all bad.  The browns game was half bad.  Today was a quarter bad.  

7 hours ago, coming on strong said:

tons  he is amazing against the run though .   eberflus had some dumb calls though . i watch him put both walker and bobby at the line to pretend to blitz then run back to go into cover 2 but their back peddling as the wrs are just blowing by them and it created a giant hole .  i get the point is to get burrow to freak out and throw a quick short pass but burrow did not bite stayed calm and throw it right into the gap left by walker and bobby

I just wished I saw more from the defensive  coach chewing out some of the players right now for not doing their job because dang this so called defense starting to look soft

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Well in a strange way it’s getting better.  The Jags game was all bad.  The browns game was half bad.  Today was a quarter bad.  

And Sunday we won’t be bad at all!  Let’s hope the cycle doesn’t start over again the following week.  

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

Hopefully colts get the win next sunday .  The jets will probably still lose during their bye. 

LOL!  They have some stiff competition in their Tank for Trevor quest.  They may need that extra loss.

Archived