Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow

danlhart87

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Kool aid you drink. Jamestown is were you from.

Face facts majority thought with Rivers behind this O-line we are contenders in the playoff and he would play a lot better since he did not have a run game or a great offensive line with the Chargers. On top do that the play calling would be better suited. Well that's a lie he still making the same bone headed throws into double coverage and the play calling regressed.  He had one good game and almost cost them the game because of that INT thank God the defence showed up finnaly.

Not really,  I was highly critical of him last week and have said if they have to play the rest of the year this way they are in trouble.  I am just man enough to say he played well yesterday without having to take a shot at him.  Btw your name is still misspelled.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Not really,  I was highly critical of him last week and have said if they have to play the rest of the year this way they are in trouble.  I am just man enough to say he played well yesterday without having to take a shot at him.  Btw your name is still misspelled.

Until he adds an E to Freen(E)y, hard to take him serious. He never has nothing good to say about us so I think he does it on purpose lmao 

6 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Brissett would have had 171 yards passing and taken 5 sacks yesterday, and never once through downfield to Johnson. He just doesn't air it out, he holds the ball and looks confused as the play breaks down around him. We saw it for two seasons. Rivers has been solid.

thats not true , when the run game got stuffed against the falcons and the texans last year jacoby throw over 300 yards and 3 touchdowns .  frank held jacoby back by calling short passes and 40 runs a game.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Until he adds an E to Freen(E)y, hard to take him serious. He never has nothing good to say about us so I think he does it on purpose lmao 

there are different types of fans and that is okay .   You think that is bad come to eagles stadium and watch how bad they are .  Colts fans are usually very mild , i went to the old rca dome as a kid all the time when i lived in Indiana i used to think the  crowds were rough but in reality they are so mild compared to philly crowds .   When i moved out to jersey for college it was a huge culture shock .  MY friends are eagles fans and i go to games with them they boo eagles players who get injured when the eagles are losing .     Even when the eagles were 13-3 on the radio shows the fans call in going off saying fire peterson wentz is overrated .  Same with jets fans they are never happy unless they blow teams out every week  which is never .    It doesnt mean your not a fan some people just get crrazy about football and take it out on the team they root for.

30 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

there are different types of fans and that is okay .   You think that is bad come to eagles stadium and watch how bad they are .  Colts fans are usually very mild , i went to the old rca dome as a kid all the time when i lived in Indiana i used to think the  crowds were rough but in reality they are so mild compared to philly crowds .   When i moved out to jersey for college it was a huge culture shock .  MY friends are eagles fans and i go to games with them they boo eagles players who get injured when the eagles are losing .     Even when the eagles were 13-3 on the radio shows the fans call in going off saying fire peterson wentz is overrated .  Same with jets fans they are never happy unless they blow teams out every week  which is never .    It doesnt mean your not a fan some people just get crrazy about football and take it out on the team they root for.

Oh I know Eagles fans threw batteries at this guy merry christmas GIF by Macy's, the midwest is more laid back compared to the east it seems.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:15 PM, danlhart87 said:

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today. 

Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

Yes, because this is a bye week.  I credited Rivers as the best option because the O-Line play was, in my view, a big part of the story, and not in a positive way.  (He has a much faster release than Brissett). The opposite was true this week in regards to the line.  They gave Rivers the extra time and he played much better because of it. Now his 2.5 or less second window is 3.5 or more seconds. Now even practice squad receivers can get downfield.  

But... now we'll have the stretch of the season coming up not against several of the top 5 drafting teams but several of the elite teams actually competing for the Super Bowl.  Bal, Pitt, TN twice, GB.  That could be 4 of the league top 5 teams.  And of all our weaknesses that have been exposed, badly at times (1st half D?) against poor quality teams, the key one against the good teams (and frankly Houston's offense will score a lot of points this year) will be our O-Line play.  If they play like they did the first 5 games, it could get really ugly.  If the line can play like they did against the Bengals who, though plagued with injuries did have at least two solid linemen in Atkins and Dunlop,  then we can see more of Rivers at his best instead of at his worst. 

If the line can truly protect Rivers so he has an extra 1.5 seconds give or take, his immobile stay in the pocket limitations become strengths because he never pauses his focus to run, and that extra look may be all he needs to play closer to how he played Sunday. 

With the defenses coming up, that is a tall order. But the line at least has the potential to compete head to head with top defenses if they play to their abilities. Whether they do will determine the second half of the season. 

21 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This was definitely your best post so far, now with that said...

1)  You're trying to save face

2)  A lot of your posts come after a loss.

3)  When you do post something positive about Rivers, it always comes with a caveat.

I have serious doubts that your posts are going to age well, but this one was a nice post for you today.

Time will tell, the Colts are still a running team who is 26th in the league. If they make the playoffs, they will have to go on the road to Kansas City, Buffalo or Baltimore most likely. I don't see that going well.

26 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Time will tell, the Colts are still a running team who is 26th in the league. If they make the playoffs, they will have to go on the road to Kansas City, Buffalo or Baltimore most likely. I don't see that going well.

I think our running game will get going, I see Taylor as being good. Losing Mack hurt.

On 10/18/2020 at 10:51 PM, danlhart87 said:

Football shouldn't be a fear 

Remember it's just a game 

Phil did have a good game against the Bengals no doubt, but he has been very average or perhaps below average for the most part. I hope he can hang with some of the better teams we have coming up on our schedule but I do have my doubts that we will see more of the bengals type play from him very often. 

2 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

I am not worried about Buffalo. Just contain their QB and you're good. Baltimore much harder but we have a shot there if our run D plays tough. KC and their receivers seems like the toughest. I think a great run D is key on all these games incl. TN.  We have to make all these teams one dimensional. The only one with too many skills players to stop is KC.  The only way to beat them is being able to score more points than we have all season. Let's hope our O-Line keeps offering up the extra time in the pocket. 

Why do so many on here talk about how great tennesse is? They have to be the luckiest 5-0 team in history. The vikings should have beat them, The "we haven't played anyone narrative" pessimisim is laughable. The titans, steelers, ravens, packers being "elite" is ridiculous. Just because highly paid talking jacks  on tv say how great some teams are while ignoring most other teams(do the Colts get any coverage at all?) doesn't mean it's true. This team is as good as any of those "elite" teams out there. Yes, we will lose to the steelers because we always do, we will play as bad as we have to just like last year when Adam capped it off with a bad miss on a chip shot field goal with 9 seconds left. But all other of the remaining games are very winnable

On 10/18/2020 at 3:15 PM, danlhart87 said:

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today. 

Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

I'm not a River hater, but why do they need to eat crow?  Did you eat crow after the Browns game when Rivers was the primary reason the Colts lost that game?

8 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

I'd still take cam.  I think Rivers gives us a chance to make a run, but I'd still take cam.

Cam with Belichick > Rivers with Reich, the QB-coach combo is definitely better. One game does not change my perception of it, football is a complete team game down to the coaches. Plus, in a close game, I'd go with the coach who has coached in so many close ones at the highest level. Granted, they are not as explosive without Brady running the offense but they are still functional. Brady had duds every now and then too vs Miami or other teams. Those things happen. 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I'm not a River hater, but why do they need to eat crow?  Did you eat crow after the Browns game when Rivers was the primary reason the Colts lost that game?

This was for the posters who wanted Rivers benched.

There's no reason for me to eat crow cause when it comes to Rivers I'm around that middle ground area.

He's gonna be good and horrible some weeks but I will keep on smiling and support him. 

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think he was talking to the people who were saying things like Rivers could never have a game like this again and using the Browns game to puff their cheats out.  The people who pull for Rivers to fail so their points about not liking Rivers will be right.  They have exposed themselves in this thread by not being able to give him credit for Sunday without taking some kind of shot at him.  

if you were one of many who just said hey Rivers performance vs the Browns isn’t going to get it done then he’s not talking to you.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah some said Dalton and Cam were better than Rivers - here is my reaction Cut It Out No GIF by Indianapolis Colts

For the Colts, Rivers was the best fit. No doubt. 

I wonder what that radio host Dan Dakic is saying now after saying Andy Dalton could have been bought for the price of a cheeseburger. :) 

Andy Dalton and primetime, they do not mix!!

22 minutes ago, chad72 said:

For the Colts, Rivers was the best fit. No doubt. 

I wonder what that radio host Dan Dakic is saying now after saying Andy Dalton could have been bought for the price of a cheeseburger. :) 

Andy Dalton and primetime, they do not mix!!

Dakich is irrelevant for anything outside of college basketball and even that he is really questionable on. I'd love for 1070 to bring in Query and Shultz to replace his slot.

22 minutes ago, Restored said:

Dakich is irrelevant for anything outside of college basketball and even that he is really questionable on. I'd love for 1070 to bring in Query and Shultz to replace his slot.

He is the shock jock for sports radio, the Bill O' Reilly of sports talk show hosts that says "yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya but none of that matters because it is my show and what I say is right". 

58 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He is the shock jock for sports radio, the Bill O' Reilly of sports talk show hosts that says "yeah, I hear ya, I hear ya but none of that matters because it is my show and what I say is right". 

I can’t stand him.  Stopped listening years ago.

5 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Rivers had a pick 6 but our Defense stunk up the joint. So I wouldn't say Rivers was the main reason we lost. We were down 29-23 and our D gave up a 28 yard run on 3rd and 9 so Rivers didn't even have a chance on a last drive to win the game. 28 yard run on 3rd and 9 is putrid and still makes me SMH.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers had a pick 6 but our Defense stunk up the joint. So I wouldn't say Rivers was the main reason we lost. We were down 29-23 and our D gave up a 28 yard run on 3rd and 9 so Rivers didn't even have a chance on a last drive to win the game. 28 yard run on 3rd and 9 is putrid and still makes me SMH.

The defense allowed 3 points in the 2nd half.  9 times out of 10 when a defense holds a team at 20 points or below they should win the game.  Colts lost by 9 points, Rivers gave the Browns 9 points on a pick six and a safety.  Was he the sole reason the Colts lost, nope, it's a team game, but if he had played mediocre in the game the Cols win.

6 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

The defense allowed 3 points in the 2nd half.  9 times out of 10 when a defense holds a team at 20 points or below they should win the game.  Colts lost by 9 points, Rivers gave the Browns 9 points on a pick six and a safety.  Was he the sole reason the Colts lost, nope, it's a team game, but if he had played mediocre in the game the Cols win.

I do agree he is one reason why we lost but not getting that chance on the last drive sticks with me. We hold them on 3rd and 9, who knows but we didn't. 

Archived