Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today.    Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

Rivers was down 21-0, came back like Luck would. Rivers 3 TD's and 371 Yards, Colts win baby! Colts now 4-2. The difference between being 3-3 and 4-2 is huge. Rivers haters can go kick rocks this week

Instead of eating crow, the usual suspects are in here moving the goalposts and reaching harder than you would think is possible.   What a joke.  Rivers made you all look dumb as hell today.

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Football shouldn't be a fear 

Remember it's just a game 

that is the fun of the game .  Without emotions attached to it it takes the fun out of it .    AS long as it doesnt affect your real life i dont see any harm in having emotions with a hobby you love .   

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah his 371 yards sucked and his 21 point comeback so try again.

It was not his 21 point comeback it was a team comback. If you want to look at the overall game. The reason that we won is because the Bengals kicker hit the upright. If he makes that kick then the Bengals would have set up for a game winning field goal and the Colts would have lost and everyone would have not been very happy with the foolish interception by Rivers in the 4th Quarter. Today Rivers had open recievers and Great Pass Protection against a bad team. He was able to play a decent game. However he did not show anything that would make the Colts a Super Bowl contender. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

that is the fun of the game .  Without emotions attached to it it takes the fun out of it .    AS long as it doesnt affect your real life i dont see any harm in having emotions with a hobby you love .   

as long as it not depression if we lose or anything just remember win or lose life is so much more important 

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, that is my top 3 as well:

1. 2006

2. 1995

3. 2012 - Luck was awesome as a rookie and we went from 2-14 to 11-5 and Chuck strong.

To follow this up, some might say what about 2009? When we quit on the undefeated season and then lost in the SB, it ruined it for me.

1 minute ago, JMichael557 said:

It was not his 21 point comeback it was a team comback. If you want to look at the overall game. The reason that we won is because the Bengals kicker hit the upright. If he makes that kick then the Bengals would have set up for a game winning field goal and the Colts would have lost and everyone would have not been very happy with the foolish interception by Rivers in the 4th Quarter. Today Rivers had open recievers and Great Pass Protection against a bad team. He was able to play a decent game. However he did not show anything that would make the Colts a Super Bowl contender. 

nobody said sb contender

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah his 371 yards sucked and his 21 point comeback so try again.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

To follow this up, some might say what about 2009? When we quit on the undefeated season and then lost in the SB, it ruined it for me.

That Super Bowl is just so hard to get over from a football fan for me.  I could have gotten over the perfect season had they won the Super Bowl because they won the freaking Super Bowl but losing that game kinda makes that whole season sting.  Kinda like the Steelers loss in 2005.

Just now, JMichael557 said:

Must. Not.  Give.  Rivers.  Credit.

• Like 2
Just now, funktacious2 said:

It sounds weird to say the solution to the passing game was to just let Rivers loose.  I'm so happy to see our passing attack moving well today.

I think Rivers was highly motivated after last week and just on.  Great players bounce back that way.  How many times did we see Luck or Manning play poorly and then come out and destroy a team the next week?  However, it’s hard to recreate that every week.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

That Super Bowl is just so hard to get over from a football fan for me.  I could have gotten over the perfect season had they won the Super Bowl because they won the freaking Super Bowl but losing that game kinda makes that whole season sting.  Kinda like the Steelers loss in 2005.

I do agree, I hated we quit on 16-0 but my trade off in my mind was as long as win the SB but we didn't :facepalm:

Just now, danlhart87 said:

as long as it not depression if we lose or anything just remember win or lose life is so much more important 

of course its a hobby  , i am not crazy to get depressed over a game .   that would be sad , when i talk its about talking in the realm of the game not real life emotions or fear .   you cant win every year or be good . That is why i like to look ahead it makes the game fun to look ahead at the future . if i took the game to heart i wouldnt even be able to talk about tanking or joke about losing .  

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

yea if they lost against the bengals  and go 3-3 then yes going against the packer ravens titans twice steelers . the schedule is brutal .  its so hard to predict because the colts are so hot and cold when they play good it feels like they could sneak in at 10-6 but its hard to tell honestly it could go either way right now .   if i was being honest without emotions now i would say they go 8-8 but its hard to tell

We're a lot better vs the run, than the pass.

Ravens should be a close game and I like our chances. It's a good match up for us IMO.

Titans have squeaked all year long and use the run to set their pass up. I like our chances in both games.

I think we sweep Houston. They're just not that good and they're pretty much one dimensional. 

Packers got dinked and dunked to death today, and Rodgers looked like donkey dung. We play them at home.

Raiders, and Steelers are the only teams I'm truly worried about right now, and that's mostly because both are on the road.

Bad Phil and Bad Reich, and some bad D lost us the Jax and Browns games. 

So long as bad Phil and Bad Reich don't show up a lot, things might end up better than expected.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Ravens should be a close game and I like our chances. It's a good match up for us IMO.

Titans have squeaked all year long and use the run to set their pass up. I like our chances in both games.

I think we sweep Houston. They're just not that good and they're pretty much one dimensional. 

Packers got dinked and dunked to death today, and Rodgers looked like donkey dung. We play them at home.

Raiders, and Steelers are the only teams I'm truly worried about right now, and that's mostly because both are on the road.

So long as bad Phil and Bad Reich don't show up a lot, things might end up better than expected.

Ravens almost lost today and the Titans lost Lewan for multiple games possibly the season 

5 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I feel its more about the colts then the other teams right now.  If the wrs can get separation like they did today for every game and rivers plays like he did today , and the defense plays like they did against the bears the colts cant lose .   the problem is one week the offense is on then  the defense .  The first 4 games the pass rush was dominating teams then the last two games they are no where to be found.   Without pass rush cover 2 is useless .   i rewatched the highlights walker and bobby both kept playing the run and being 5 yards away from the line while leaving the middle of the field wide open 10 to 15 yards down field .the safeties play to deep to cover that and when the linebackers play so close to the line while the safeties are so far back it creates a giant gap around 15 yards down field to get picked apart .   when the colts played man in nickel it solved the issue in cover 2 you only have 2 corners playing and they play a soft zone only covering the side never going to the middle  . when the colts played man the wr were covered going over the middle and only one tight end was left to cover over the middle .

20 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Ravens almost lost today and the Titans lost Lewan for multiple games possibly the season 

If we can muster any O at all against the Ravens, I like our chances. Just can't have bad Phil, Bad Reich, or stinky D showing up. I think we can limit their run O, which is what they live off of.

Not afraid at all of TN. I respect them, but not afraid. Smith, their leading pass catcher, also got knocked out. Not sure how bad the ankle is. Lewan looks to be torn ACL.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

If we can muster any O at all against the Ravens, I like our chances. Just can't have bad Phil, Bad Reich, or stinky D showing up. I think we can limit their run O, which is what they live off of.

Not afraid at all of TN. I respect them, but not afraid. Smith, their leading pass catcher, also got knocked out. Not sure how bad the ankle is. Lewan looks to be torn ACL.

The D must limit Lamar in the Ravens game

9 hours ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

It was definitely his best game of the year, now with that said...

1) He’s playing the Bengals

2) A lot of his completions were the result of finding the open guy against blitzes or checkdowns.

3) When he did push it down the field, the receivers were wide open. 

I have serious doubts that he can have this kind of production against even a good defense, but it was a nice game for him today.

This was definitely your best post so far, now with that said...

1)  You're trying to save face

2)  A lot of your posts come after a loss.

3)  When you do post something positive about Rivers, it always comes with a caveat.

I have serious doubts that your posts are going to age well, but this one was a nice post for you today.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The D must limit Lamar in the Ravens game

Good news for the Colts that’s what the D has been pretty good at.  Stopping the run.  I am not going to say the Colts are going to win that game as I am not sure the Colts offense can score on the Ravens D but I like that matchup better than say the Steelers.  

When you add it all up, you can't complain about where we are with Rivers.  New QB, new team, no offseason program, no preseason?  You lose Campbell, Pittman and Mack.  You lose Burton early on.  Still, you're on pace for 10-6 or 11-5.  Let's have a little perspective.

Does Rivers need to cut out the jump balls and turnovers?  Absolutely.  Given the situation yesterday, the INT was a terrible decision.  Part of that is on Rivers and part of it is situational play calling on Frank.  That said, if things are cleaned up, Rivers is not finished.  His arm is not dead.  As he showed yesterday, he can carry you through stretches and you can win with him for a few more years.  Just clean things up and win a few football games.  Winning cures everything.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good news for the Colts that’s what the D has been pretty good at.  Stopping the run.  I am not going to say the Colts are going to win that game as I am not sure the Colts offense can score on the Ravens D but I like that matchup better than say the Steelers.  

It would be the most 2020 thing ever if this was the year we beat the Steelers 

13 hours ago, Numba1Colt said:

nope, just a realist with the product I see on the field

I felt the same last season when the Colts were 5-2 but had beaten an injured KC QB, snuck past titans week 2, etc... 

So, which is more realistic: the glass is half full or half empty? I don’t agree that someone who is optimistic is necessarily unrealistic.

When I look at the team, I see some flaws that have to be corrected but I see a lot of potential. You might be right; maybe they’ll end up at 4-7 by week 12. But I could also see them at 7-4 or even 8-3, considering Baltimore, Tennessee and Green Bay are at home.

• Like 1

Like most here, I like what I saw, but too early to crown the man. Let’s see it against the Titans or Ravens. Win the games you should win and beat good teams - that’s what good teams do.

On some of the comments around our defense sucking it up early on. They did but I really feel like the offense not playing complementary football was also a big contributor. Doyle gift wrapped a scoring drive early. And then poor offensive production kept the defense on the field when they needed time to regroup and adjust. 

• Like 1

It was nice to see Rivers have a very good game.   Hope it continues.  he'll have good games and bad games, just need the defense to keep us in the games.  Rivers is easily the best QB on the team right now.  Eason has the potential to be better next season.  

• Like 1

Brissett would have had 171 yards passing and taken 5 sacks yesterday, and never once through downfield to Johnson. He just doesn't air it out, he holds the ball and looks confused as the play breaks down around him. We saw it for two seasons. Rivers has been solid.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dasteez said:

On some of the comments around our defense sucking it up early on. They did but I really feel like the offense not playing complementary football was also a big contributor. Doyle gift wrapped a scoring drive early. And then poor offensive production kept the defense on the field when they needed time to regroup and adjust. 

Yes but the D had same issues vs Browns. Couldn’t make a single stop on first four drives despite offense scoring on its first two drives. This suggests the defense has major issues to fix and it’s not “ThE OfFeNSE DidNT GiVe THem tIMe to REgrOuP!!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The hate is strong in this one.

Kool aid you drink. Jamestown is were you from.

Face facts majority thought with Rivers behind this O-line we are contenders in the playoff and he would play a lot better since he did not have a run game or a great offensive line with the Chargers. On top do that the play calling would be better suited. Well that's a lie he still making the same bone headed throws into double coverage and the play calling regressed.  He had one good game and almost cost them the game because of that INT thank God the defence showed up finnaly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Yes but the D had same issues vs Browns. Couldn’t make a single stop on first four drives despite offense scoring on its first two drives. This suggests the defense has major issues to fix and it’s not “ThE OfFeNSE DidNT GiVe THem tIMe to REgrOuP!!”

Does not help that rivers threw a stupid pick 6 and the defense is already had the play on its back heels.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I feel like there 3 people here

People who HATE Rivers 

People who think we are SB contenders w him

People in the middle 

What do you fall under

I'm in in the middle myself 

I support Rivers but know he will make mistakes. I'm not expecting a SB this year. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I feel like there 3 people here

People who HATE Rivers 

People who think we are SB contenders w him

People in the middle 

What do you fall under

I'm in in the middle myself 

I support Rivers but know he will make mistakes. I'm not expecting a SB this year. 

I'm in the middle too.   I think he is the best QB on the roster and should be the starter.   I think the playoffs are a legit possibility and once the playoffs start, any team has a chance for a Super Bowl run.   Just have to make the playoffs.    

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Kool aid you drink. Jamestown is were you from.

Face facts majority thought with Rivers behind this O-line we are contenders in the playoff and he would play a lot better since he did not have a run game or a great offensive line with the Chargers. On top do that the play calling would be better suited. Well that's a lie he still making the same bone headed throws into double coverage and the play calling regressed.  He had one good game and almost cost them the game because of that INT thank God the defence showed up finnaly.

I think you hit on it.   I blame the play calling more than Rivers for his poor play.  I thought Reich was going to be using Hines allot catching ball out of the backfield as Rivers has done that his whole career.