Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow

danlhart87

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

15 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Triggered.

Myself and many others never hid our reasons for becoming new Colts fans.

4-2 is a good start.  You were adamant about benching Rivers at 21-0.  Eat the crow.

the colts were 5-2 last year with jacoby who is a back up QB .   the point of bringing rivers here was to make the playoffs .   i already said rivers played good , but like  i said rivers needs play at a steady pace not be so up and down.    Lets be honest if rivers fails this year and throws 20 picks and the colts miss the playoffs you wont come on here and eat crow you will go back to the chargers .  Colts fans have to deal with the team in the future not just worry about this year .  So colts fans have other things to worry about then river fans .  Colts need to find a a young replacement to rivers next year.

5 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I watched the whole game but at 21-0 I followed stats and listen to the 80s on 8 along instead of listening to the Fox broadcasters and join in on the Gameday thread

I thought the fox broadcasters did a good job today.  So much better than the cbs guys we’ve gotten this year.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

My response was after 14 to 0 we were playing bad  but i still had hope 

This is exactly what I mean with overreacting and it needs to stop 

20201018_210716.jpg

20201018_210533.jpg

20201018_210601.jpg

20201018_210648.jpg

20201018_210716.jpg

The game day thread is always a train wreck.  It’s pure emotion no thought.  I never judge anyone by what I see there.

12 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the colts were 5-2 last year with jacoby who is a back up QB .   the point of bringing rivers here was to make the playoffs .   i already said rivers played good , but like  i said rivers needs play at a steady pace not be so up and down.    Lets be honest if rivers fails this year and throws 20 picks and the colts miss the playoffs you wont come on here and eat crow you will go back to the chargers .  Colts fans have to deal with the team in the future not just worry about this year .  So colts fans have other things to worry about then river fans .  Colts need to find a a young replacement to rivers next year.

Nobody is "going back to the Chargers" lmao.

Rivers gives the Colts the best chance to win right now, and he's playing a maximum of 2 seasons in Indy...that's no secret.

Jacoby already proved he's not the guy.  Hopefully Eason is in 2021 or 2022.

1 minute ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Nobody is "going back to the Chargers" lmao.

Rivers gives the Colts the best chance to win right now, and he's playing a maximum of 2 seasons in Indy...that's no secret.

Jacoby already proved he's not the guy.  Hopefully Eason is in 2021 or 2022.

The last 10 games and Rivers success will strongly determine whether he returns 

If he plays well enough to get us to playoffs I strongly could see Colts signing him 1 year again.

If he struggles who knows 

I thought they would just disappear for a little while after Rivers' vintage comeback performance today.

I was wrong.

It's almost like they are * off that the Colts came back and won today.  Miserable people.

Like I said I had issues with rivers last week and have concerns if he has to play like this all season.  Still he deserves heavy praise today.

12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

My response was after 14 to 0 we were playing bad  but i still had hope 

This is exactly what I mean with overreacting and it needs to stop 

20201018_210533.jpg

20201018_210601.jpg

20201018_210648.jpg

20201018_210716.jpg

you said the colts would lose before the game even started though .  There is a big difference with saying how you really feel and over reacting .   over reacting would be if the colts beat a couple good teams and then just had one bad game and people jumped off the band wagon .       watching the colts play bad against bad teams and saying the team is gonna get crushed against good teams is not overreacting .    I still feel the same way i felt during the game honestly is not based on emotions but how i really feel .   I just dont feel like this team is gonna do good against the really hard part of the schedule coming up .   This feels the same way as last year being 5-2 i still feel like we are 2 years away from being a threat .   A true overreaction is saying this team is superbowl bound when they win then saying they are trash when they lose .

I thought they would just disappear for a little while after Rivers' vintage comeback performance today.

I was wrong.

It's almost like they are * off that the Colts came back and won today.  Miserable people.

It is because they want to be so right saying the Rivers signing was wrong they continue. Like I said pure comedy. It was beautiful that we came back and won after being down 21-0. They have nothing and know it :thmup:. We are also 4-2 so It really doesn't matter what anyone says about Rivers, he is winning and that is all that matters.

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Like I said I had issues with rivers last week and have concerns if he has to play like this all season.  Still he deserves heavy praise today.

Regardless of a 4 point win or a 50 point loss I always try to keep my head up 

3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you said the colts would lose before the game even started though .  There is a big difference with saying how you really feel and over reacting .   over reacting would be if the colts beat a couple good teams and then just had one bad game and people jumped off the band wagon .       watching the colts play bad against bad teams and saying the team is gonna get crushed against good teams is not overreacting .    I still feel the same way i felt during the game honestly is not based on emotions but how i really feel .   I just dont feel like this team is gonna do good against the really hard part of the schedule coming up .   This feels the same way as last year being 5-2 i still feel like we are 2 years away from being a threat .   A true overreaction is saying this team is superbowl bound when they win then saying they are trash when they lose .

Just take it 1 week at a time you said 6 - 10 after we were down earlier.

Any given Sunday 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is because they want to be so right saying the Rivers signing was wrong they continue. Like I said pure comedy. It was beautiful that we came back and won after being down 21-0. They have nothing and know it :thmup:. We are also 4-2 so It really doesn't matter what anyone says about Rivers, he is winning and that is all that matters.

I knew the second he threw that pick (bad decision) there would be some that would want to only focus on that.

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The last 10 games and Rivers success will strongly determine whether he returns 

If he plays well enough to get us to playoffs I strongly could see Colts signing him 1 year again.

If he struggles who knows 

the colts might be able to sneak in with a 10 and 6 record depending on different factors but you cant honestly tell me you think they are ready to compete for a ring this year.   thats the only reason i wanted them to play the young guys , but only if they are out of the playoffs .  for now i want them to try and make the playoffs its already to late to try and tank we are not getting a top 5 pick now .  If they colts go past 6 loses i would want to see eason play , but only if they are out of the playoffs .

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

the colts might be able to sneak in with a 10 and 6 record depending on different factors but you cant honestly tell me you think they are ready to compete for a ring this year.   thats the only reason i wanted them to play the young guys , but only if they are out of the playoffs .  for now i want them to try and make the playoffs its already to late to try and tank we are not getting a top 5 pick now .  If they colts go past 6 loses i would want to see eason play , but only if they are out of the playoffs .

Too early to tell. In 1995 nobody thought we could compete for a ring with Harbaugh and looked what happened.

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Regardless of a 4 point win or a 50 point loss I always try to keep my head up 

Just take it 1 week at a time you said 6 - 10 after we were down earlier.

Any given Sunday 

yea if they lost against the bengals  and go 3-3 then yes going against the packer ravens titans twice steelers . the schedule is brutal .  its so hard to predict because the colts are so hot and cold when they play good it feels like they could sneak in at 10-6 but its hard to tell honestly it could go either way right now .   if i was being honest without emotions now i would say they go 8-8 but its hard to tell

4 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

That's the positive attitude I wanna see more of 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

That's the optom

you got to understand my biggest fear is going 8-8 every single year and being stuck in QB limbo its the worst thing a team can go through .   So i hang my hope in kelly or eason trying to find a franchise QB .  I only been a fan since manning so its so strange after going from manning to luck to be stuck without  a franchise guy .  That is the only thing that really bothers me not losing , i rather lose and draft a franchise guy . 

2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i am to young for that i would of been 3

2nd greatest season ever in Indianapolis history was 1995, only 2006 was better because we did get the ring. My point is nobody gave us a chance that year and we were a play from making the SB. Who knows what this season holds? I like being at 4-2 I can say that anyway.

5 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you got to understand my biggest fear is going 8-8 every single year and being stuck in QB limbo its the worst thing a team can go through .   So i hang my hope in kelly or eason trying to find a franchise QB .  I only been a fan since manning so its so strange after going from manning to luck to be stuck without  a franchise guy .  That is the only thing that really bothers me not losing , i rather lose and draft a franchise guy . 

Football shouldn't be a fear 

Remember it's just a game 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2nd greatest season ever in Indianapolis history was 1995, only 2006 was better because we did get the ring. My point is nobody gave us a chance that year and we were a play from making the SB. Who knows what this season holds? I like being at 4-2 I can say that anyway.

Number three is 2012.  Chuck strong will always be special and fun.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last year scared me away from getting over confident .  thats why i am pessimistic i cant help it with the tough part of the schedule coming up .   WE need the defense and the offense to click at once not the defense play good while the offense plays bad then flip next week .   If both sides can play good together then we can be a real threat .  I get that rivers only been here 6 games and probably will get better .  I hope i am wrong well see

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

yup

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

Last year scared me away from getting over confident .  thats why i am pessimistic i cant help it with the tough part of the schedule coming up .   WE need the defense and the offense to click at once not the defense play good while the offense plays bad then flip next week .   If both sides can play good together then we can be a real threat .  I get that rivers only been here 6 games and probably will get better .  I hope i am wrong well see

don't let games scare you

that kind of attitude is beyond silly

watch the game and enjoy 

Archived