Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today.    Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

Rivers was down 21-0, came back like Luck would. Rivers 3 TD's and 371 Yards, Colts win baby! Colts now 4-2. The difference between being 3-3 and 4-2 is huge. Rivers haters can go kick rocks this week

Instead of eating crow, the usual suspects are in here moving the goalposts and reaching harder than you would think is possible.   What a joke.  Rivers made you all look dumb as hell today.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

But saying it in the Rivers thread seems to be hinting it was because of Rivers.  I feel that take belongs more in the defense thread.  The offense isn’t why this game was close. 

If that's how it taken, my apologies. All I'm saying is we shouldn't have needed Rivers to play hero ball. He played well.

He better have sliced up the 23 ranked defense. We honestly didn’t have a good game today. Yes we won, but I expected a way better performance from this team. We have a rough schedule after the bye. Have to get healthy and clean things up in a major way. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

It's only because of one 21 yard run though. And only happened when we abandoned the run and Cinci started playing the pass more than the run. Early on we couldn't run at all. 

Frank keeps trying to force the ball into the middle behind Kelly and Q which makes sense but teams are just sitting on it.  Hopefully rivers today might back teams off a little.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

If that's how it taken, my apologies. All I'm saying is we shouldn't have needed Rivers to play hero ball. He played well.

That I agree on.  I am very concerned about the defense right now.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Due to Covid, I can’t see games this year.   I get selected hilites and live look-ins on the NFL Network and the Red Zone channel. 

That said...   as a general rule for this team,  we do NOT want to be throwing more than 40 times.   If we are, it’s because we have to, not because we want to. 

The more we throw, the more desperate we are.   It didn’t work against J’Ville, but it did today vs Cincy.  Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. 

4-2 at the break.   Hopefully we get healthier at the bye week.   Next up: A much improved Detroit team.   Then, the hard part of the schedule...   hold on tight,   it’s going to be a bumpy ride! 

the Colts will be at best 6-5 at worst 4-7 after they finish week 12

@ Lions , home vs Ravens, @Titans, home vs Packers, home vs Titans

oh boy

then still have Raiders and Steelers and Houston can beat us any day Watson can shred zones

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

He better have sliced up the 23 ranked defense. We honestly didn’t have a good game today. Yes we won, but I expected a way better performance from this team. We have a rough schedule after the bye. Have to get healthy and clean things up in a major way. 

To your point, aren’t we getting Leonard, Cox, Pittman and Turay back?

Just now, Numba1Colt said:

the Colts will be at best 6-5 at worst 4-7 after they finish week 12

@ Lions , home vs Ravens, @Titans, home vs Packers, home vs Titans

oh boy

then still have Raiders and Steelers and Houston can beat us any day Watson can shred zones

If you’re scared, get a dog! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

That I agree on.  I am very concerned about the defense right now.

Leonard's importance in this defense is not appreciated enough.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Yeah let’s not forget about Turay especially. We might have him and Pittman back for the lions game.

6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

They did, they had too.  Outside of one series where they ran Taylor outside the ground game was nonexistent today.  The only things that played well today was the passing game and special teams.

And the Bengals had one of the worst run defenses coming into today.  It’s kind of disconcerting that the Colts with their much ballyhooed offensive line could get little going on the ground against them. 

2 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

nope, just a realist with the product I see on the field

I felt the same last season when the Colts were 5-2 but had beaten an injured KC QB, snuck past titans week 2, etc... 

It was definitely his best game of the year, now with that said...

1) He’s playing the Bengals

2) A lot of his completions were the result of finding the open guy against blitzes or checkdowns.

3) When he did push it down the field, the receivers were wide open. 

I have serious doubts that he can have this kind of production against even a good defense, but it was a nice game for him today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
32 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah rivers made a poor decision on one throw...he’s human.  

the defense got them in a 21-0 hole.  If it hadn’t been for Rivers the Colts get blown out today.

If you think river only missed 1 throw today you saw a different game then I did. Fans overreacted to his play when we lost and are overreacting to his play in this win.

Rivers said he read comments online about his performance after last week and didn’t have any complaints about what was said. Took it personally and knew he needed to play better. I’m happy with his performance today for sure, but I want to see consistency from him. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I'll help you out again. The score was 21-0 ten seconds in to the second quarter. "Tanked"

Who won again?  Oh yeah the Colts.  If you are tanking why do you comeback from 21-0?

15 minutes ago, basketballsteve said:

If you think river only missed 1 throw today you saw a different game then I did. Fans overreacted to his play when we lost and are overreacting to his play in this win.

Your right the Colts won in-spite of him today...

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Leonard's importance in this defense is not appreciated enough.

I hope him coming back fixes things but I feel like the linebackers has been the best unit the past couple of weeks.  Still I agree you don’t lose a guy like Leonard and not feel it.

His ball placement was great today. That int was a stupid decision but didn’t cost us this week. The TD to pascal was really good. Burton came alive today. Hopefully we keep this up. Getting Johnson in the deep ball is going to keep opening everything else up if we can continue to hit that deep pass.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today. 

Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

The only time I heard anyone say to bench rivers was after losing to the browns last week...

Otherwise, not a lot of people complaining about him to the degree of weekly "bench phillip rivers" threads. 

• Haha 1

He had a good game today. Lets see how we do after the bye week when we get Pittman back. Good job Rivers! :) 

• Like 3
Just now, NannyMcafee said:

The only time I heard anyone say to bench rivers was after losing to the browns last week...

Otherwise, not a lot of people complaining about him to the degree of weekly "bench phillip rivers" threads. 

The browns looked terrible today. That loss really stinks.

Eason would have had 400 yards and 5 tds lol

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

It was definitely his best game of the year, now with that said...

1) He’s playing the Bengals

2) A lot of his completions were the result of finding the open guy against blitzes or checkdowns.

3) When he did push it down the field, the receivers were wide open. 

I have serious doubts that he can have this kind of production against even a good defense, but it was a nice game for him today.

1. The Bengals have played everyone close save for the Ravens. Burrow is good and the Bengals defense is a top 15 unit by most advanced stats.

2. Is that supposed to be a negative? Not sure what's wrong with that. That's what playing QB is about.

3. Rinse and repeat #2.

He has already done it against good defenses. Ask Chicago. And like I already said, the Bengals have a decent defense by most advanced stats.

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The browns looked terrible today. That loss really stinks.

The Jaguars loss may be even worse considering how they've looked in the last 3 weeks or so.

It's the NFL though. If you sleepwalk on any given week, you wake up with an L. Colts got lucky today, they sleepwalked thru the first 20mins and luckily Rivers showed something most doubted (inc. me) he could still do i.e. carry a team on his back.

• Like 1

He had a fantastic game and looked like the Rivers of old.  That 4th Q INT really ticked me off but he got us back in the game.  The first half was odd, the team just didn't even look like they wanted to play.  The lack of preparation worries me.  Overall, great comeback win though.  A very nerve wrecking fun game to watch in the 4th.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Colt.45 said:

1. The Bengals have played everyone close save for the Ravens. Burrow is good and the Bengals defense is a top 15 unit by most advanced stats.

2. Is that supposed to be a negative? Not sure what's wrong with that. That's what playing QB is about.

3. Rinse and repeat #2.

He has already done it against good defenses. Ask Chicago. And like I already said, the Bengals have a decent defense by most advanced stats.

Us beating Chicago was more about our defense that game. If the Bengals make that field goal I think we’re talking about a different game. That miss really pushed us. Only special teams had an overall great game today. I’ll give Philip his due today. I have to see a win like this against a more experienced QB on the other side. This second half will be a test for this team. Health will play key. I know we’re getting players back. We have to put together a complete game. The Defense can’t start out slow.

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

It's only because of one 21 yard run though. And only happened when we abandoned the run and Cinci started playing the pass more than the run. Early on we couldn't run at all. 

He also had a couple runs of 12 and 17 as well. Like I said, he’s coming along slowly but I think he’ll get better

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He also had a couple runs of 12 and 17 as well. Like I said, he’s coming along slowly but I think he’ll get better

His YPC is getting better

The rate he was going 20 carries could have gotten 100

• Like 2