Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today.    Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

This aged well.......

Rivers was down 21-0, came back like Luck would. Rivers 3 TD's and 371 Yards, Colts win baby! Colts now 4-2. The difference between being 3-3 and 4-2 is huge. Rivers haters can go kick rocks this week

Posted Images

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck had 1 playoff win that I would consider elite that was at Denver in 2014 but he had 1. Rivers beat us in 2008 so he has had 1, that punter they had was God that night lmao . In 2007 it was Billy Volek lmao  that beat us. Rivers has an opportunity this year to prove himself this year bigtime. He has a healthy TY, healthy JT, great O.Line, and a Defense that makes key stops. Our SP Teams are also very good if not great.

Volek scored the final touchdown on a QB sneak but that was after Rivers had thrown 3 touchdown passes, only leaving the game when he injured his knee - I give Philip far more credit for that important than I do Billy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

I also think that with all of the talent already on this team at the time, it would have been incredibly difficult for it to finish winless, or with at most one win, which is looking like what would be required to get the top pick.

Colts easily could be barely over.500 right now if not for Buckner and Rivers. 

 

Yes Rivers helped us win at least 3 games this year

Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it funny people are still saying this team can’t win a SB with Rivers.  It’s almost like people think a team needs a Mahomes out there throwing 50+ TD a year.  This defense can be good enough to stop any offense.  And Rivers has been on fire lately.  If you look at his stats from Cincy - current, there’s not many QB playing much better then him.  
 

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.  This offense night/day changed after the browns loss.  I don’t know what clicked, but they started finding rhythm.   I feel with a full training camp and pre-season for the team to synchronize with Rivers, he’d be at 30+ TD and around 5-7 INT.   
 

This team is good enough to beat anyone, including KC.  The biggest factor is will both offense and defense come out swinging for 4 full quarters.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpanosSucks said:

I find it funny people are still saying this team can’t win a SB with Rivers.  It’s almost like people think a team needs a Mahomes out there throwing 50+ TD a year.  This defense can be good enough to stop any offense.  And Rivers has been on fire lately.  If you look at his stats from Cincy - current, there’s not many QB playing much better then him.  
 

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.  This offense night/day changed after the browns loss.  I don’t know what clicked, but they started finding rhythm.   I feel with a full training camp and pre-season for the team to synchronize with Rivers, he’d be at 30+ TD and around 5-7 INT.   
 

This team is good enough to beat anyone, including KC.  The biggest factor is will both offense and defense come out swinging for 4 full quarters.  

I could be wrong but since Cincy i believe he has 18/4. I hope he keeps this up!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SpanosSucks said:

Yep, 18/4 67% completion and 103 QBR in 9 games.  Not sure what more people want?

Rivers is everything I wanted to this point = wins and stats. He has held up his end. Even in the Jacks loss it was the D that lost that game IMO, they made Minshew look like Joe Montana completing 19 of 20 passes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rivers is everything I wanted to this point = wins and stats. He has held up his end. Even in the Jacks loss it was the D that lost that game IMO, they made Minshew look like Joe Montana completing 19 of 20 passes.


Yeah.  He was to blame for the loss, as both his INT lead to points.  But there were also other factors.  Like the stupid Hines up the gut on 4th and 1.  And the D letting Minshew be next to perfect.  That game should’ve been won.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, we'll find out even more about Philip this Sunday now that Smith is out with Covid, and I have a bad feeling that Costanzo will be out, too. Yes, the Steelers are not playing well right now, but there's not much better tonic for them than to face not just one, but two of the Colts backup tackles at the same time. Talk about a get well drug for their pass rush. Watt must be foaming at the mouth right now thinking about what he'll see across from him now on Sunday, with an old, immobile target on a bum toe right behind them.

 

If Philip can direct this offense to enough points to get the win against the matchups that will exist in this game now, then I don't want to hear any more crap about him not being great any more.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

Well, we'll find out even more about Philip this Sunday now that Smith is out with Covid, and I have a bad feeling that Costanzo will be out, too. Yes, the Steelers are not playing well right now, but there's not much better tonic for them than to face not just one, but two of the Colts backup tackles at the same time. Talk about a get well drug for their pass rush. Watt must be foaming at the mouth right now thinking about what he'll see across from him now on Sunday, with an old, immobile target on a bum toe right behind them.

 

If Philip can direct this offense to enough points to get the win against the matchups that will exist in this game now, then I don't want to hear any more crap about him not being great any more.

If Philip wins Sunday that would be 3 great signature wins on the season. That is usually how many other great QB's get in 1 season at most. That would give him a win at Tennessee, vs GB, and at Pitt. Eventhough the Texans are down we even swept them which is rare with Watson healthy in both games. Can't wait for Sunday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 12:28 AM, Lancer1 said:

Volek scored the final touchdown on a QB sneak but that was after Rivers had thrown 3 touchdown passes, only leaving the game when he injured his knee - I give Philip far more credit for that important than I do Billy.

Yes to this.

 

It was Michael the burner Turner that drove the win for the Bolts home as well if I recall correctly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CoachKjr said:

Yes to this.

 

It was Michael the burner Turner that drove the win for the Bolts home as well if I recall correctly. 

It was, LaDainian Tomlinson was hurt earlier in the game, just like Philip Rivers.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Philip wins Sunday that would be 3 great signature wins on the season. That is usually how many other great QB's get in 1 season at most. That would give him a win at Tennessee, vs GB, and at Pitt. Eventhough the Texans are down we even swept them which is rare with Watson healthy in both games. Can't wait for Sunday.

He could throw 5 td and would still get hate

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 9:51 AM, aaron11 said:

Him and Brady were the best options we had for this season.  It is what it is, tanking for a QB wasnt on the table 

Agreed.  Tanking is just something teams don’t do in the NFL because it normally ends up with the coach and GM who organized it losing their jobs and most of the players on the roster getting replaced so tanking does them no good.  There are situations where teams make an effort to get younger and and go into a rebuild mood but I guess I wouldn’t call that tanking.  Maybe some would.  I view that as rebuilding, to me tanking is taking a decent team and trying to lose on purpose to get a better draft pick.  I guess I just see that as different.

 

Either way as you said that was never on the table for the Colts.  They have too much good talent thanks to the good job Ballard has done to waste it tanking.  It made much more logical sense to go out and get a QB who could address the QB sized hole they had and that’s exactly what Ballard did.  
 

Also tanking breads a losing culture and once you have that it’s very hard for the current regime to get ride of it because you’ve said losing is acceptable and players just don’t respect that.  The Colts have worked very hard to establish a winning culture here.  Remember when Frank went for it on 4th and 2 in his own 50 vs the Texans in OT and it cost them that game?  Yet it changed the team because it became clear Frank was going to do anything to win and anything less, even a tie, was unacceptable.  If you tank you undo all that and the players are never going to look at Frank the same way again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SpanosSucks said:

“Yeah Rivers threw 5 TD, but what happens when we face a team like KC who can throw 6 TD”

the colts beat kc with a back up QB i am not super worried about them.   their defense could not stop the run the colts just kept getting 5 yards a carry and going on 8 minute drives .  this year adding all pro buckner and defesive rookie of the year plus a pro bowl corner in rhodes will make the defense even better

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Everyone...

 

HELLO. Im right here. Hey Guys!!! Anything changed?? oh same results huh? Dont get mad at me for being consistent with my POV. Just do the same as you did last year with JB. thats all. 

 

Anyways, lets see if those folks who clowned me are back to say, Ok Rackeen305, you were right from the beginning about RIvers. 

 

Bye now!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Hey Everyone...

 

HELLO. Im right here. Hey Guys!!! Anything changed?? oh same results huh? Dont get mad at me for being consistent with my POV. Just do the same as you did last year with JB. thats all. 

 

Anyways, lets see if those folks who clowned me are back to say, Ok Rackeen305, you were right from the beginning about RIvers. 

 

Bye now!

I missed game I'm guessing Rivers played terrible?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Lol thanks was Rivers awful?

No not awful. But in crunch time he threw a pick, almost threw another one that got called back in our favor, and overthrew a wide open pascal on 4th which lost the game. A horrible clutch performance but in terms of the overall game he was average

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bestQBever said:

No not awful. But in crunch time he threw a pick, almost threw another one that got called back in our favor, and overthrew a wide open pascal on 4th which lost the game. A horrible clutch performance but in terms of the overall game he was average

it was a letdown

this forum is gonna fun this week 

:sarcasm:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Apparently it's a two year deal for Fisher, however the second year can be voided by the colts.
    • Age and health would be the argument for Smith and Leonard right now.  It’s not all about position.
    • It is my understanding the Colts grade every player on every pay.  Their has to be a method.  It was my understanding, i don't KNOW, that more teams than not subscribe to PFF, for their own reasons. Perhaps they too snark at their numbers.    The story i recently read/heard about a fumble recovery for a touchdown turned one DE's weekly grade from the 60's to near 90, well, that is very concerning if true.  The best way to see if someone is any good was back when i watched every Colts play in super slow-mo, sometimes frame by frame to see what really happened. Unfortunately i couldn't compliment that with all-22.  AC looked BAD for his 1st 3 seasons in pass-pro, and Andrew was terrible with timing and accuracy in the short game. Based on Harbaugh's pre-draft hype, and others of course "not since Elway," that part of his game disgusted me.  PFF can't reflect how much benefit or damage is done by the overall effectiveness of those around you, or good or bad coaching. Ras isn't everything but is a very solid place to start.
    • Nate only missed 1 kick in the Divisional round loss against the Patriots, it was a what would've been a then career long 54 yarder when he was rushed on to the field to attempt it as time was expiring due to the Chargers having burned all their timeouts. Had he made that kick, it would've only tied the game, not given San Diego the lead or win. He converted all 3 of his extra point attempts in that game.   He was brutal in the 2009 Divisional round loss to the Jets, he had only missed 3 kicks all season and missed 3 in that game alone, although one of them was a  57 yard attempt that would've tied his career long. He had already missed a 36 yarder and that Bolts were up 7-0 when Norv trotted him out to attempt that long one at the end of the half, and that miss combined with the earlier one seemed to scramble his eggs. Later in the game while down by 10, he badly missed a 40 yard attempt and although the Chargers got another touchdown, they ended up losing by 3.    He missed when he hit the upright from 48 yards out in the 2007 Divisional round victory at Indy and in the only AFCCG he played in, Kaeding accounted for all 12 of the Chargers' points by going 4 for 4 against the undefeated Patriots in the snow flurries at Foxboro.
    • You're probably right.  But a franchise LT is the more important position.  More than RT, and even an All Pro LB.   I'm not saying he'll sacrifice either of them in order to sign Fisher long term.  But I think that once they see that Fisher can play, they'll want to wrap him up long term.  He won't be cheap either.   I think it was on one of the podcast they pointed out where all of the LTs for the playoff teams were drafted.  Getting one that works out past the first round is pretty rare.  And we probably won't even have a first rounder next year.
  • Members

    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 4,494

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SOMDColtsfan

      SOMDColtsfan 121

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 9,647

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • teganslaw

      teganslaw 478

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • cdgacoltsfan

      cdgacoltsfan 705

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 7,246

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • MarquisJ

      MarquisJ 380

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shafty138

      Shafty138 1,497

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DoubleE Colt

      DoubleE Colt 70

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 1,142

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...