Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow

Oh I'm here. The Colts beat a 1-3-1 team with a rookie QB. Are we really that good/excited or are we surprised we won? Let's act like it.

BTW we won by 4 points. (Didn't beat the spread) To a team with a rookie QB. That part!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today.    Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

Rivers was down 21-0, came back like Luck would. Rivers 3 TD's and 371 Yards, Colts win baby! Colts now 4-2. The difference between being 3-3 and 4-2 is huge. Rivers haters can go kick rocks this week

Instead of eating crow, the usual suspects are in here moving the goalposts and reaching harder than you would think is possible.   What a joke.  Rivers made you all look dumb as hell today.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Oh I'm here. The Colts beat a 1-3-1 team with a rookie QB. Are we really that good/excited or are we surprised we won? Let's act like it.

BTW we won by 4 points. (Didn't beat the spread) To a team with a rookie QB. That part!

They don't ask how, they just ask how many!  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

Yeah and what would have happened without Rivers Sunday?  They would have gotten blown out by that team.  Some people were more than happy to say he lost the Browns game last week yet don’t want to say to he won the game this week.  They want to discredit the win.

I was harsh on Rivers last week yet have no problem giving him his due this week.  Why is that so hard?

No one is saying say he’s now the best QB in the NFL or anything close.  They are just saying give him credit for a good game without a back handed compliment.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rackeen305 said:

It’s the NFL, son.  Every team can be competitive on “any given Sunday.”

19 minutes ago, Riversrun said:

TY Hilton is cooked done gonzo .Either we make a significant Trade for an elite WR or we get Clowned the rest of the season bank on that .

What elite WR is out there that a team is willing to trade away?  It takes more than calling and saying hey we want X for a team to make a trade.  

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Riversrun said:

TY Hilton is cooked done gonzo .Either we make a significant Trade for an elite WR or we get Clowned the rest of the season bank on that .

Ty had a TD, and a solid rac erased by penalties as well as a questionable incompletion on a sideline toe drag.  One bad drop admittedly, but not done-zo.  Hes also gotten hidden yardage in pi calls and still draws coverage. He may be on the decline, not be a true #1, but I think he still contributes.  

He does have to solve the drops tho.  I think that's as much mental as physical....

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do agree he is one reason why we lost but not getting that chance on the last drive sticks with me. We hold them on 3rd and 9, who knows but we didn't. 

Yes, who knows.  And the D did not play perfect in that game and played poorly in the 1st half.  Again, I'm not saying Rivers was the sole reason, but again when a team loses by 9 and the QB gives the other team 9 points, it's near impossible to not say the Qb was a significant reason for the loss.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Yes, who knows.  And the D did not play perfect in that game and played poorly in the 1st half.  Again, I'm not saying Rivers was the sole reason, but again when a team loses by 9 and the QB gives the other team 9 points, it's near impossible to not say the Qb was a significant reason for the loss.

That's fair enough. I just wish Rivers got that one last chance.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

No way I can disagree. But was Brissett a significant reason for a loss when he never threw the ball down the field and committed zero turnovers...?

11 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

No way I can disagree. But was Brissett a significant reason for a loss when he never threw the ball down the field and committed zero turnovers...?

Sorry, I don't think I paint with that broad of a brush.  There were times when JB's fear of throwing the ball downfield was a significant reason the Colts lost.  But there were also other games where his caution helped the Colts win.

I'm not really sure what JB has to do with this thread.