Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers haters eat crow

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes he had bad pick but there's no Colts win without Phil today.    Can we go 1 week without a bench Rivers thread?

This aged well.......

Rivers was down 21-0, came back like Luck would. Rivers 3 TD's and 371 Yards, Colts win baby! Colts now 4-2. The difference between being 3-3 and 4-2 is huge. Rivers haters can go kick rocks this week

Posted Images

rivers had a nice game but still needs to improve .  the whole team needs to get better over the bye week .   I think the colts over achieved with a easy schedule , and after the bye the schedule gets really tough .  my worry is the colts go down hill like last year when they went 5-2 .    Rivers has to stop throwing picks , its hard to win throwing so many .    If he can stop the picks the colts have a chance to make the playoffs .

• Like 2

I will eat crow he played well today. Its not that I am not rooting for him but i will be a harsh critic. Today he played lights out other than the one pick and the 1st quarter. Good for him and us. Although overall for the second time we have struggled with a team that will likely be fighting for the 1st overall draft pick. That is a bit alarming.

• Like 6

He kept the Colts in the game today.  Great game from him today.  This was why they paid him that money.  Jacoby or Eason don’t make that comeback.  He deserved the heat he got last week and deserves all the praise he should get this week.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

rivers had a nice game but still needs to improve .  the whole team needs to get better over the bye week .   I think the colts over achieved with a easy schedule , and after the bye the schedule gets really tough .  my worry is the colts go down hill like last year when they went 5-2 .    Rivers has to stop throwing picks , its hard to win throwing so many .    If he can stop the picks the colts have a chance to make the playoffs .

You claimed they were tanking a couple of hours ago

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

The read was bad, but the defender just played it well. The announcers even mentioned that during the replay. 

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

He kept the Colts in the game today.  Great game from him today.  This was why they paid him that money.  Jacoby or Eason don’t make that comeback.  He deserved the heat he got last week and deserves all the praise he should get this week.

that's not a fair statement to make Eason hasn't even played a down yet

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Let this be a lesson to you all

BTW Taylor had 5.0 YPC today his best yet

Taylor looked beast mode a couple times. I think as things slow down for him, he’s gonna show why he’s considered the steal of the draft

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

After rivers bailed the defenses behind out today.

just saying the colts get going on offense, then get going on defense. do all that work.

and then, with a 1 pt lead and getting the ball back with a short field. rivers throws incomplete, then forces it deep and gets picked off

then the colts got lucky with a missed field goal and then Rivers missed a wide open walk in TD deep because Rivers overthrows him then can't convert a 3rd and 4 to keep the ball and eat clock and move the chains

he's OK... he still tried to implode

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Mr.Debonair said:

See this is the problem. Ppl beating their chest after a good game as if the criticism for Rivers wasn’t warranted. He played great outside of the interception for sure. Kudos to him tho

The difference was I never talked crap about Rivers 

Just now, Numba1Colt said:

just saying the colts get going on offense, then get going on defense. do all that work.

and then, with a 1 pt lead and getting the ball back with a short field. rivers throws incomplete, then forces it deep and gets picked off

then the colts got lucky with a missed field goal and then Rivers missed a wide open walk in TD deep because Rivers overthrows him then can't convert a 3rd and 4 to keep the ball and eat clock and move the chains

he's OK... he still tried to implode

Yeah rivers made a poor decision on one throw...he’s human.  

the defense got them in a 21-0 hole.  If it hadn’t been for Rivers the Colts get blown out today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, CR91 said:

It's the Bengals. Let's not get overzealous. This game should have never been this close

And why was it close?  Oh that’s right the “elite” defense everyone has been praising spotted the Bengals a 21-0 nothing lead and Rivers came out and did what a lot of people were saying he couldn’t do anymore period.  If people want to be highly critical of Rivers last week, myself included, you have to give him credit when he plays a game many didn’t think he still could regardless of who it’s against.

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, CR91 said:

It's the Bengals. Let's not get overzealous. This game should have never been this close

Cincy is better than their record indicates. Look at Houston. They are 0-5 now but took Tennessee to their limit, and if not for Henry being a monster, they don’t win. Yes, it should not have been this close, but that’s the NFL. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

did luck do that his rookie year?

No he got beat by the Bears in his very first action.  Also many people thought Luck was elite and could have been one of the best ever if not for injuries so had he that backs up my point.