Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Inactives 10/18/20

1959Colts

13 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I like DeMichael Harris -- but it is somewhat strange to me that now 3 weeks in a row a WR from the practice squad has been elevated and is active over Patmon..

I’m not surprised nor find it strange. Every year it seems a low rd pick gets hyped up in camp. However, it doesn’t translate to game day. Dion Cain was the last one, who fooled a lot of folks here, who thought he was going to be awesome. He’s on a PS year 3. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I’m not surprised nor find it strange. Every year it seems a low rd pick gets hyped up in camp. However, it doesn’t translate to game day. Dion Cain was the last one, who fooled a lot of folks here, who thought he was going to be awesome. He’s on a PS year 3. 

Cain also had a major injury in year, not really a fair comparison.

4 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Patmon must not be much of a special teamer.

My guess is they think he's got potential to be a decent WR for us, but just needs time to develop.  They have to have some sort of fear that he'd get signed to another team if we put him on PS.  In other words, they must think he's got more 'long term potential' than the guys they are bringing up, activating and sending back to the PS while they are keeping Patmon on the roster but keeping him inactive.

29 minutes ago, CurBeatElite said:

I like DeMichael Harris -- but it is somewhat strange to me that now 3 weeks in a row a WR from the practice squad has been elevated and is active over Patmon..

Harris is a much different type of player to Patmon. They probably are in desperate search of a gadget player that can fill Campbell's role. 

11 minutes ago, stitches said:

Harris is a much different type of player to Patmon. They probably are in desperate search of a gadget player that can fill Campbell's role. 

Yes, Harris is much more a hybrid of Hines and Campbell than Patmon is... still, they must really see something in Patmon -- for example, why would the bring up M. Johnson 2x and revert him back to PS after he played pretty well both games?  Obviously, they either thought other teams weren't interested in him or that they wouldn't be hurting if someone grabbed him.  

4 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Patmon isn’t ready to contribute yet.   But we keep him on the 53 instead of the PS to make sure no other team claims him.   We think he has a future, but the future isn’t now. 

Archived