Bengals @ Colts Game Day Thread, October 18, 2020, 1:00pm ET

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your Indianapolis Colts (3-2) look to return to winning ways when they face the Cincinnati Bengals (1-3-1) at home this Sunday. They will play this one without TE Mo Alie-Cox (Out), T Chaz Green (Out)

Keeping a player down when a team is running hurry up is unsportsmanlike conduct refs,  you’ve called every tricky tack call you can make against the Colts call the obvious ones on the bengals please.

Ahh Blackmon... fast becoming a gamechanger

Posted Images

Just now, coming on strong said:

can we blame that on rivers

Yes, never said he doesn’t make bad plays and I was very harsh on him last week.  I just don’t like when people toss out everything else that went wrong and only blame Rivers.

Just now, compuls1v3 said:

Classic Bad O calling....2x passes instead of running it....to drain clock

Well that’s the predictable thing to do, so reich trying to buck that and take the risky route on the hot hand. Rivers has got to play better in the 4th. You don’t make that throw 

• Confused 1
Just now, SR711 said:

Bad play by Rivers.  Why Frank doesn’t understand that ur playing with fire when you put the ball up that many times with Rivers as your QB is beyond me.

Because the defense got you down 21-0 and you didn’t have a choice.  

I am really souring on Reich’s play calling.   Now, when you need to run the ball a bit in an attempt to takeover the play clock, two bad pass plays in a row.  This was meant to where Jonathan Taylor takes over. <face palm>

• Like 3
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

this is the reason people attack rivers .  classic rivers , like romo who could drop 500 yards 6 touchdowns against manning yet throw the game ending pick.

chill.. 

we'd be down 3 TDs if it wasn't for Rivers right now.

that was a pitiful effort by Pascal too. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

chill.. 

we'd be down 3 TDs if it wasn't for Rivers right now.

that was a pitiful effort by Pascal too. 

He’s been chomping at the bit all day to go after rivers.  Awful throw there but let’s not kid ourselves Rivers is the only reason the Colts are in this game.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Dasteez said:

Well that’s the predictable thing to do, so reich trying to buck that and take the risky route on the hot hand. Rivers has got to play better in the 4th. You don’t make that throw 

He is always trying to outsmart someone.

Just ends up outsmarting himself most the time.

• NFLfan unpinned this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Not directed at either above comment just a general thought about this...   Do you think Chris Berman, Tony Gonzalez, Jim Nanz, etc watch all 16 NFL games each week or do you think they watch 2 or 3 and someone (an intern) watches the games and provides them summary notes? I wonder if a personality, like Phil Simms, actually does know more about the Colts than a regular fan. Guys like Nate Burelson make me think they watch all or at least most of the games but others I'm not so sure.   Thoughts?  
    • Not really.   The overall talent level right now with Rivers and our IR'd skill players is about the overall same level as when he had a more talented QB, less talent on defense, and Donald Thomas and Gosder Cherilous on IR back then.   The main difference is that back then, we were maxed out at getting over the hump because we spent to the maximum Cap number just to get into the playoffs (but didn't mortgage the future), whereas now we still have room to maintain our talent level while adding more.   So we will resign the good players, and add more rookies who can (hopefully) play.  And then we'll be in position to win just like every other team that wins and is pressed against the cap...they get rookies who are in their 2nd 3rd or 4th years to vastly contribute more to the team than the level of salary they are being compensated at in their rookie contracts.   Its either done that way (like SEA did when they got those young drafted defensive players and Wilson pre-big contract) or you simply load up on FAs to win now and mortgage the future.
    • nah after last weeks game Trevor went on twitter thanking all his Clemson fans for his final home game there
    • I'm fine with that.  Not upset at all because we're not disagreeing.  You just continue to misunderstand what I'm talking about.  My original comment wasn't comparing the rosters without the QB.  It was comparing the talent of the team responsible for the play on the field, which includes the QB.  Overall its about the same.  We play well at times, and lay stinkers at times, but for different reasons.  Our defense was worse then, but we now don't give up as many short field interceptions as we did then.  We don't come back as well now as we did back then.  Now we score by probably taking more time off of the clock than we did back then.  Different paths, same results so far.  Neither team was complete, but for different reasons.  Back then, we had a lot of holes at less important positions.  Now we have fewer holes, but at more important positions.   My original comment gathered quite a few Likes.  Consider the possibility that you simply misunderstood what I was saying.  
    • I can agree with Buckner. 32 may be second for me, before Leonard . He seems to make everyone in the secondary better like you see with the top tier free safeties. MAN he was sooooo close to making that play on MVS in the 4th.
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 10,636

Moderators
    • lincolndefan

lincolndefan 65

• Clem-Dog

Clem-Dog 420

• Pelt

Pelt 687

• KelownaColtsFan

KelownaColtsFan 155