Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals @ Colts Game Day Thread, October 18, 2020, 1:00pm ET

NFLfan

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Coaches can only do so much if your players don’t have the talent to make those plays.

It's actually play calling as much as execution. We rarely blitz vs the rest of the league. We play soft zone and consistently give up too much cushion that allows guys like Minshew, Mayfield, and Burrow to eat us up short to intermediate. For comparison, Pitt killed Burrow last week. They blitzed 59% of the time. We blitz about 10% of the time... They play a lot of press, close to the line, we sit back 7 yards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

I've seen AC get owned a few times. Q, and Glow have looked pretty decent. 

I wish Flus would blitz a little more. We're one of the least blitzing teams in the league.

Today is the perfect time to stunt/blitz.

That is just poor coaching/scheme.  These QBs and route concepts will eat up soft zone when the timing is not disrupted on either end

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

I do like what I think we've got in JT. Not saying he's ever going to be top tier, but I don't think he has to be.

I think he'll at minimum will be Mack level. I think his ceiling is higher though. He needs some time getting used to our zone scheme. Took Mack a year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

in cover 2 the linebackers have to cover a lot of ground .  he can change the plays , which he refuses to do .  if a offense is killing you in cover 2 change the play

My point is that I don’t think the Colts Linebacker pass playing skills are their strength.  At least not walker and Leonard.  

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Oke has played far worse this year. More missed Ts, more pass given up. As of Week 5, a ~40 PFF. He's blown coverages today as well. Huge regression from last year. 

He has to be an *. Letting AJ Green go by but go after the RB..... I triple or double coverage  AJ all day. Nope he wants the RB