Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals @ Colts Game Day Thread, October 18, 2020, 1:00pm ET

NFLfan

1 minute ago, w87r said:

To be fair, he was already mid suplex when the whistle was blown.

If the ref had swallowed his whistle and choked to death on it on the sidelines it was still a penalty. 

And as a trained professional wrestler whoever it was that took it is lucky he didn’t break his damn neck. I’ve never understood why teams don’t teach players to bump like we do. It would save a lot of injuries in a season. There’s a reason wrestlers are able to do that 2 dozen times a night 4 nights a week for 25+ years, even into their senior years. Teach them to protect themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Harris rocking the #12 officially puts the final nail in Luck’s Colts career?

I think in Ballards mind that nail was there the day he retired.  I’ve said from the way Ballard has talked about luck even if he came back Ballard wouldn’t welcome him.  Irsay may overrule him but I don’t think Ballard wants luck back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

If the ref had swallowed his whistle and choked to death on it on the sidelines it was still a penalty. 

And as a trained professional wrestler whoever it was that took it is lucky he didn’t break his damn neck. I’ve never understood why teams don’t teach players to bump like we do. It would save a lot of injuries in a season. There’s a reason wrestlers are able to do that 2 dozen times a night 4 nights a week for 25+ years, even into their senior years. Teach them to protect themselves. 

With our history of injuries I’d try anything.

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

If you watch walker on that play it tells the story before the flag even came out he’s doing the what are you doing thing with his arms.  They knew.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think in Ballards mind that nail was there the day he retired.  I’ve said from the way Ballard has talked about luck even if he came back Ballard wouldn’t welcome him.  Irsay may overrule him but I don’t think Ballard wants luck back.

I agree. Ballard was not happy at all.

1 minute ago, w87r said:

I know. I isn't really about the Johnson vs Hilton matchup.

Just using him as a reference point.

Are we in developmental time though, or win now? 

I think Johnson gives us better chance in the present.

If the season is a wash, get Patmon and Dulin in there.

All teams "develop" their youth during the season. It's not a case where developing guys means you aren't trying to win now. Fountain and Dulin have been open when given snaps (when not clear out or rub decoys), and are both 2 of 3. 

Like I said, its simply mixed feelings. Not sure why you have an issue with that. I'm happy Johnson is contributing and playing well. I'm not cheering against him.

2 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

With our history of injuries I’d try anything.

Arms straight out, palms down, and most importantly tuck your chin to your chest. Make sure you land with your feet flat. If you can’t, keep them in the air, you don’t want to smack your heels. Distributes the impact across your shoulders and arms. I’ve never taken a bump and been hurt. May get the wind knocked out on some of the harder or faster ones, but even that is rare. I’ve never understood why they don’t teach players to land like that when the situation arises. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bestQBever said:

it makes sense too and I'm not even mad at it

Same, it's going to be an interesting phase of the league as the last few of the 'old guard' ride off into the sunset. I think we had a core era of the likes of Manning/Manning/Brady/Brees/Rivers and we're transitioning into the next set of franchise guys.