Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want as QB1 in 2021 [Merge]

Who is QB1 in 2021  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who is QB1 in 2021?

• Philip Rivers
    • Jacob Eason
    • Trade for Sam Darnold
    • Trade for another QB (please list below who it would be)

it could be someone from the draft, that should be an option.  i am starting to wonder if phil will have another good year in him, of if this year will be considered good when its over 

Trade up in the draft for Trey Lance. I think the guy will be a star in this league provided he gets protection and we keep surrounding him with good coaching and skill players. 

30 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Eason or a trade up for a QB.

Completely agree.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Id rather eat paint 

At least when Curtis painter screwed the team, we got a number 1 first round pick out of it, albeit a short timer was chosen

• Like 1
Just now, csmopar said:

At least when Curtis painter screwed the team, we got a number 1 first round pick out of it, albeit a short timer was chosen

I don't hate Luck he made the best decision for his family. I think his heart wasn't in it.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I don't hate Luck he made the best decision for his family. I think his heart wasn't in it.

I don’t either. But I also don’t want him back mainly for the exact reason as your last sentence 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Id rather eat paint 

You'd rather eat paint than have Andrew as quarterback?  :(

I wonder what the poll answers would look like if Chad Kelly was an option? This forum seems crazy about Chad.

That Zach Wilson fella looks impressive.

I'm hoping the Vikes get Lance. I like Darnold too. 

• Like 3

There are so many possibilities. Could be several proven vets available. Stafford, Ryan, Wentz?  I think it may to be too expensive to trade up if we end up picking after 12-15 range in order to get one of the top 3 QBs. And depending on who gets the top QBs there could be a young guy available cheap like Darnold or Dimes. Either way I feel that next year's QB decision could be vital to Reich and Ballard's future here. Should be a fun off-season 

2 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

There are so many possibilities. Could be several proven vets available. Stafford, Ryan, Wentz?  I think it may to be too expensive to trade up if we end up picking after 12-15 range in order to get one of the top 3 QBs. And depending on who gets the top QBs there could be a young guy available cheap like Darnold or Dimes. Either way I feel that next year's QB decision could be vital to Reich and Ballard's future here. Should be a fun off-season 

No to Daniel Jones

• Like 1

There are many things in my life that I have struggled to get over, or have never gotten over.

I shall make it a point to not try and inform the world of it each time a discussion comes up. 

• Haha 1

Anyone still holding onto hope that Luck is coming back needs to just accept that aint happening. It would be awesome, especially with this team around him, but that ship has sailed.

I'd go for Darnold and have him compete with Eason, with another older vet thrown in for a steadying presence and fallback.... just let the best QB win in a true competition.

I think Eason is our guy...2 years away. So we need more more year as a place holder. As far as who.....best person we can get that is willing to do 1 year deal. 

Don't expect miracles. 

I’d want someone on the younger side with some years ahead of them after we’re done with Rivers. I don’t want us to fall into the trap of getting aging recycled vets over and over again. 

• Like 1

If I had to pick today, I'd probably lean toward trying to move up for Lance.  Am I as sold on him as Lawrence?  Of course not.  We don't have much to go on and he isn't really playing this year save 1 game.  But I like his potential, more so than Love who a lot of people liked in the last draft.  He has a gun for an arm and can run.  There's no way anybody is prying the #1 pick away this year, and I think Lance might be the 2nd best QB coming out.  Plus he'll be cheap for at least 4, maybe 5 year$$$$$ unlike one of the vets.

But luckily, nobody has to decide anything yet.

Eason, if the team thinks he is ready to take the chance on. 

or

Aaron Rodgers

most of all, I want somebody to be excited about again even if it is a bit more long term for the results to come in. Another meh veteran is out of the question. Aaron Rodgers Would be magic to behold. 

13 hours ago, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

Okay, so I posed this question on twitter and got decent amount of responses.  I tag several local Colts writiers and radio personalities also. So, now I am super curious what this forum thinks.

Trevor Lawrence 

12 hours ago, csmopar said:

I’d rather bring back Curtis Painter

ok lets not go that far

8 minutes ago, ProblChld32 said:

Trevor Lawrence 

Lets trade our first for the next 5 years to move up to the number 1 spot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • w87r changed the title to Who do you want as QB1 in 2021 [Merge]