Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Several individuals within Colts organization test positive for Covid

Fisticuffs111

1 hour ago, coming on strong said:

I thought they were in a bubble like the nba where the players and their families stayed at hotels near the colts stadium.  I thought away games the players went into the other teams hotel set up i thought the players and families were never in contact with the outside.    I just looked it up you are right .   The way the nfl set this up was horrible. it should be a bubble like the  nba .have one stadium and no practice and teams play at .  With 15 games a week they could rotate between friday night and Monday night with all teams sharing one stadium. 

An NBA team has 10-12 players.

an NFL team has at least 53.

NBA teams have 4-5 coaches.

NFL teams have over a dozen.

You can’t create such a bubble without the NFLPA signing off on it, and I doubt it would happen. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

How so? Our bye weeks don't match. Unless they re-shuffle schedules, it would have to happen at the end of the year.

It’s explained earlier in Kevin Bowen’s tweet.  This would be our bye week. Chances are though it just gets moved to monday. All we need is to be short handed versus the bengals.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think they get a choice see the titans and Bills and all that impacted.

I'm sure they check with any team that is impacted. While I'm sure the stadiums are likely available, you'd also have to check LOS for instance for availability next week, and where ever they're playing in W9. It's more than a switch you flip.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

If it has to be moved my guess they would rather move it to Monday and keep the schedule going correctly. Selfishly if it’s players I would rather we have the bye this week.

They've already had a Tuesday game too. Wednesday is likely a possibility too. You have teams IIRC that have played on Sunday night, then played on Thursday. Both situations only have 3 free days between games.

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Frank and ballard are running a tight ship . I would be willing to be it was the browns lack of testing .  We will see the nfl does the research and caught the titans breaking the rules which caused the spread.   I doubt frank would do that as he is a great coach.   If I am wrong I'll eat crow .  Certain teams are more laxed on the rules .

This is ridiculous, the colts arent in a bubble.... at all, just watch like any of Pittman's videos and he meets up with Patmon and others in various social spots a lot. i.e Top Golf or the mattress store..... 

Also, we dont even know if it is a player that has tested postivie for Covid..... could be a trainer or office worker.... just says someone within the colts organisation. 

Your theory that it was definitely the browns and specifically obj is unfounded and quite frankly ridiculous. Misinformation like this is half the problem with the spread of the virus these days.

3 hours ago, coming on strong said:

The browns had covid obj tested I heard it could be our defense 

The browns should be fined letting obj play with covid against the colts 

That is a uninformed comment.

You cant point a finger at anyone because a person can carry the virus and not know they even have it.

Who is to say that the Browns didn't get the virus from a Colt player? 

Please, just stop with the nonsense comments. 

25 minutes ago, Chucklez said:

This is ridiculous, the colts arent in a bubble.... at all, just watch like any of Pittman's videos and he meets up with Patmon and others in various social spots a lot. i.e Top Golf or the mattress store..... 

Also, we dont even know if it is a player that has tested postivie for Covid..... could be a trainer or office worker.... just says someone within the colts organisation. 

Your theory that it was definitely the browns and specifically obj is unfounded and quite frankly ridiculous. Misinformation like this is half the problem with the spread of the virus these days.

Lots of Colts fans have been on a high horse (pun intended) since this season started...thinking that no way the strong and disciplined locker room would do anything to risk COVID on the team. I saw several fans wanting TEN to forfeit that BUF game AND lose draft picks...haha. 

Let's just hope for false positives...or staff members that can be quarantined. 

4 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Lots of Colts fans have been on a high horse (pun intended) since this season started...thinking that no way the strong and disciplined locker room would do anything to risk COVID on the team. I saw several fans wanting TEN to forfeit that BUF game AND lose draft picks...haha. 

I honestly don't think the Colts were thinking that at all. 

We have very informed doctors on the staff and everyone involved know the risk. 

It's not like TN was the only team to have a problem.

In hindsight IMO they shouldn't even started the season. There was a few of us that even said that when the season started. Even though I didn't want to admit it deep down I thought this was going to happen. 

10 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

The difference is TN broke protocols mandated by the league and approved by the NFLPA. multiple times. Which is why people were calling for those penalties. And it wasn’t just fans calling for it either. A couple of the NFLPA reps were as well.

So far, we do not have that problem with the Colts. 

19 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Should know more in 24 hours if players will be placed on Covid-19 list or if it is just staff members, IMO. If players are involved, we will definitely have our bye week moved up.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was wrong, I admit when I'm wrong . Hopefully it's just colts staff and practice squad players. With all the injuries the colts have losing a  couple big name players  for a month with covid could be the end of colts playoff Hope's.   With titans  4 and 0 .  To get into the playoffs comes need at least 11.5 to make it

Bobby Okereke was on with Kevin Bowen I think yesterday. He said he doesn’t have family visit at all. He also said players still have to be tested everyday during the bye week.  It’s a pandemic and things happen. The titans broke protocol so that is why they were trashed. So far the nfl has done a great job moving games. It’s just going to be one of those seasons we have to go with the flow. Hopefully the nfl keeps it like it is so far with little disruption. If there is multiple teams with multiple outbreaks that’s where it could start to be a problem.

The NFL has known all along that there would be positive tests. I heard on the radio the other day (still trying to confirm it though) that the NFL had all of their hotels reserved in Tampa through the 1st week in March to give them the flexibility to move the date of the Super Bowl if necessary. I will be utterly shocked if the NFL and the NFLPA cancelled the season. There is just simply too much money at stake (especially for the players) if they don't play the games. Right now we don't who has tested positive either. It could be the janitor who cleans the offices and a couple of people in the marketing department. Everything I have seen so far just says members of the organization have tested positive. The organization is far more than just the players and coaches. This might not have any bearing on this weekend's game. Until we know more, we just can't say. My prayers go out to whoever it is with the organization that has tested positive for COVID-19. 

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

When they run these tests in batches a machine can become compromised. Imagine how many Americans might have false positives because they don’t get retested.

I’ve seen some articles quoted as saying the false positive rate is between 1 in 7 and 1 in 3. 

If we continue to have actual positives, I honestly expect our game to be moved to next week, and for the Bengals' bye week to be adjusted accordingly. If we continue to have positive tests, there's no reason to continue to infect our players and infect the Bengals, it just hurts everybody. Hopefully we can get it under control.

At least we don't have our QB blaming the NFL for all of our Covid-19 tests.

* Ryan Tannehill

48 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I was wrong, I admit when I'm wrong . Hopefully it's just colts staff and practice squad players. With all the injuries the colts have losing a  couple big name players  for a month with covid could be the end of colts playoff Hope's.   With titans  4 and 0 .  To get into the playoffs comes need at least 11.5 to make it

Colts are 8th in AFC currently and the only teams close at 9 and 10 are Patriots 2 - 2 and Dolphins 2 - 3 who just so happen to play each other twice. 

Colts still have a good chance at playoffs but just take it one week at a time and don't be so upset if they lose a game.

Just now, shasta519 said:

They really need to stop reporting false positives. I know it's headline-catching...but until there are confirmed positives...I wonder why this keeps getting leaked.

Colts announced it

I think 100% transparency is the best route to take

Proud of this organization

3 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

If we continue to have actual positives, I honestly expect our game to be moved to next week, and for the Bengals' bye week to be adjusted accordingly. If we continue to have positive tests, there's no reason to continue to infect our players and infect the Bengals, it just hurts everybody. Hopefully we can get it under control.

At least we don't have our QB blaming the NFL for all of our Covid-19 tests.

* Ryan Tannehill

They haven't had any positive tests.    

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Colts are 8th in AFC currently and the only teams close at 9 and 10 are Patriots 2 - 2 and Dolphins 2 - 3 who just so happen to play each other twice. 

Colts still have a good chance at playoffs but just take it one week at a time and don't be so upset if they lose a game.

Unfortunately I don't see us reclaiming the South this year like I predicted, but I think we can definitely grab a wildcard spot; and after last year, I will take a wildcard spot. I don't think we could beat Baltimore, KC, or Pittsburgh, but I think we could take on any other team, and maybe win a playoff game.

1 minute ago, shasta519 said:

They really need to stop reporting false positives. I know it's headline-catching...but until there are confirmed positives...I wonder why this keeps getting leaked.

Fans just have to remember that the nfl has a protocol to confirm so not to get bent out of shape until they are.  The chances of having 4 positives in one batch  is pretty low. TN just screwed up.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Colts announced it

I think 100% transparency is the best route to take

Proud of this organization

I'm glad we are open and honest about it, and that we aren't blaming the NFL.

I seriously question why the NFL hasn't punished the Titans.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They haven't had any positive tests.    

Yeah, I saw that after I made my post. My apologies

1 minute ago, chickenMan said:

Unfortunately I don't see us reclaiming the South this year like I predicted, but I think we can definitely grab a wildcard spot; and after last year, I will take a wildcard spot. I don't think we could beat Baltimore, KC, or Pittsburgh, but I think we could take on any other team, and maybe win a playoff game.

I picked us to get WC at beginning of year 6th seed 

Archived