Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Darnold is sitting Vs the Dolphins. Should the Colts make an offer for him now?

4 hours ago, BigO said:

First of all he was not benched, he has an injury. As for tanking for Lawrence, do you really think the jets are going to win any games this year. They are the worst team in the league by far. And why would you pick up Darnold's option if you draft Lawrence and start with a new regime after they clean house of Gase and their coaching staff.

It real simple. You don't have a clue on what Joe Douglas is going to do. Nor does anyone else. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m gonna invent a new drinking game called the Rivers of Trade. Everytime someone says trade Phillip Rivers, take a shot. Everytime someone points out his no trade clause, take two shots. Everytime s

Pathetic? I mean...this is the same group that wanted to commit to JB...Darnold is much more talented...so I doubt they are above grabbing a talented 23 year-old QB...especially from an organization t

Honestly, I never thought this would be our year or anything after signing Rivers. I figured that was a move to give us a positive record so it looks better on the front office because 3 losing season

On 10/15/2020 at 11:53 AM, csmopar said:

I’m gonna invent a new drinking game called the Rivers of Trade.  Every timesomeone says trade Phillip Rivers, take a shot. Every time someone points out his no trade clause, take two shots. Every time someone says start Eason, down the remainder of the bottle.

"We're gonna need a bigger bottle!"

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

If not during the season definitely during the offseason. The Jets are on their way to Trevor Lawrence land and they need all the draft capital they can get. Imagine the things Frank can do with Darnold. 

Imagine what we could do with Lawrence. 

The kid is going to be very very good. 

I'm fine trading away multiple picks for him. 

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, DownHillRunner said:

If not during the season definitely during the offseason. The Jets are on their way to Trevor Lawrence land and they need all the draft capital they can get. Imagine the things Frank can do with Darnold. 

I am very curious what Reich has done to earn the reputation as a QB guru. Luck was a given, saw no improvement with JB and Rivers is who he was. my most obvious observation is that his play calling has not been QB friendly. What he did prior to Indy doesn't stand out to me but I may be unaware of his prior reputation.

34 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I am very curious what Reich has done to earn the reputation as a QB guru. Luck was a given, saw no improvement with JB and Rivers is who he was. my most obvious observation is that his play calling has not been QB friendly. What he did prior to Indy doesn't stand out to me but I may be unaware of his prior reputation.

He gets that reputation because of the QBs he has worked with 

Philip River- Chargers

Peyton Manning- Colts

backed up Jim Kelly

coached Wentz to what would have been an MVP season prior to being hurt. 
coached up Foles to a Super Bowl

Luck. 

On 10/17/2020 at 3:29 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

He gets that reputation because of the QBs he has worked with 

Philip River- Chargers

Peyton Manning- Colts

backed up Jim Kelly

coached Wentz to what would have been an MVP season prior to being hurt. 
coached up Foles to a Super Bowl

Luck. 

That's a matter of opinion. Rivers was good long before Reich as was Manning and Luck. Backing up Kelly, did he make Kelly good?

Wentz, probably helped him although he was a high 1st rounder. Foles is what he is, OK but not a regular starter in the league. 

He has worked with some good QBs but question that makes him a QB guru. Just my opinion.

What would you guys give up realistically for Darnold?

I’d give NY our 1st but I would want a swap of our 2nd round pick and the extra 1st they got from Seattle for Adams. Win-win for all.

The Jets would have the number 1 overall pick and the Colts 1st round pick (probably in the 15-21 range). Colts would get Darnold and still have a 1st round pick that might be in the 26-32 range. Considering Ballard has traded out of the 1st round the last two years, I could see him being thrilled with having a late 1st.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I’d give NY our 1st but I would want a swap of our 2nd round pick and the extra 1st they got from Seattle for Adams. Win-win for all.

The Jets would have the number 1 overall pick and the Colts 1st round pick (probably in the 15-21 range). Colts would get Darnold and still have a 1st round pick that might be in the 26-32 range. Considering Ballard has traded out of the 1st round the last two years, I could see him being thrilled with having a late 1st.

I’d give them a 2nd round pick with a conditional 3rd round pick if he makes the pro bowl in 2021

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Our 2nd and Brissett. I dont hate what you said though

On 10/21/2020 at 3:37 PM, Defjamz26 said:

A 4th. If the Colts sign him to a contract extension they also get a second. The Colts are getting him, assuming it's done in the offseason, for only one year at a reasonable contract, then it's 5th year option.

I think you don't give up a first unless you are convinced he's a franchise QB type of player. And at this point I am not convinced of that so... no 1st rounders for Darnold from me. I'd rather take one of Trey Lance or Zach Wilson in the draft than give it for Darnold and then having to pay him in a year. Part of the whole appeal of a 1st round QB is that he's cheap for 4-5 years and it gives you extra cash you can use elsewhere on the roster. You don't get that with Darnold and we will be having some players that need to be paid soon so... 

I will say this.  Everywhere I look from ESPN to Foxsports to espn.com everyone is predicting Darnold to the Colts.  Just today Cowherd said that it makes the most sense.  They tried to list other teams and really struggled.  It is just interesting.  Is this everyone guessing or is this a case of...Where's there's smoke, There's Fire.

Just food for thought.

Everywhere I look. Lol

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see Jacoby, Eason, or anyone else unless Rivers gets hurt. Our coaches and manager see us a team vying for a playoff spot and will succeed or fail with Rivers at the helm. As a consequence this next offseason may be a headache.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:47 AM, Shyne7 said:

How about cam for next season 

Pass on Cam.  Still would of liked to seen the Colts with Bridgewater rather than Rivers.  Both pretty equal but at least Bridgewater is 10 years younger and more mobile.  With our better OL Bridgewater's stats probably would be better than they are this year.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:33 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

If Darnold is broken, it's because of Adam Gase, the guy who "breaks everyone" until they leave or he gets fired. Quick list of guys who have done better away from Gase: Tannehill, Drake, Robby Anderson, Osemele, Gesicki, Parker. That's just on offense. Gase is a talent killer. I'd happily take the chance Sam would be better on the Colts in a competent organization.

It socks that how this guy gets a job. Heck the only reason he as another head coaching job is because of manning

• Like 1