Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nelson taking Myles Garrett for a ride . . .

zibby43

12 minutes ago, MarquisJ said:

Cool video but I’m sure Myles G had the last laugh had 1 sack but literally controlled the LOS single handedly and completely wrecked the entire game making our highly touted o line look junior high 

Thats what I saw too. A one man wrecking crew.

15 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Quentin went to ND as a LT and I believe the best long term option for this team is to find another interior Guard that can play and slide Q out to LT once Castonzo retires.

Would be easier to find another good/great Guard than it would to draft a Tackle. Just a thought of course

Aaron Banks is currently a LG at ND, and there are rumblings within the program that if he decides to come back next year, Kelly will give him the opportunity to slide out and play LT to put a year of tape out there at that position.

Something to watch in the future at the G position and having someone with the physicality and athleticism to play multiple positions. 

6 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

Quentin went to ND as a LT and I believe the best long term option for this team is to find another interior Guard that can play and slide Q out to LT once Castonzo retires.

Would be easier to find another good/great Guard than it would to draft a Tackle. Just a thought of course

Not 100% true. Nelson was a LT at Red Bank HS and was labeled as an OT in most recruiting profiles simply because of his height/weight, but he started out at OG after his RS year and remained a G. During his RS year, he was limited to the scout team, and I'm sure played both there as most OL are interchangeable on the scout team. He's been at OG though his entire career at ND. 

That's not to say he couldn't play OT though. I'd argue though that on the left side, he's probably more important as an OG. Not using his athleticism and pulling, would be a waste. 

Lol nelson does stand garret up but that’s about it.. garret only gets driven back when he turns his body to go after the ball carrier to tackle him.. nelson does not dominate him in any way. He doesn’t pancake him or even bring him to the ground. But still nelson did seal him off and made a lane for the rb 

Came across this, I’m pretty sure it was in a previous thread but it does show you how much Olinemen depend on one another and that he’s quick to praise AC, Kelly and the backs. I do think we’re going to see Taylor rip off some big gains, once he gets his timing down.

15 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

Lol nelson does stand garret up but that’s about it.. garret only gets driven back when he turns his body to go after the ball carrier to tackle him.. nelson does not dominate him in any way. He doesn’t pancake him or even bring him to the ground. But still nelson did seal him off and made a lane for the rb 

Respectfully, I could not disagree more with this take.  Nelson re-anchors and once he becomes the lowest man, he drives Garrett back with power and balance.

On 10/14/2020 at 5:15 PM, MarquisJ said:

Cool video but I’m sure Myles G had the last laugh had 1 sack but literally controlled the LOS single handedly and completely wrecked the entire game making our highly touted o line look junior high 

We are not highly touted when Costanzo does not play, huge difference. La’Raven Clark is no Costanzo. 

16 hours ago, zibby43 said:

Respectfully, I could not disagree more with this take.  Nelson re-anchors and once he becomes the lowest man, he drives Garrett back with power and balance.

Garrett clearly turns to go after the ball carrier and moves with the entire pile. He doesn’t even go to the ground...Nelson does.

It’s a good rep for both players...but definitely not a pancake.

On 10/16/2020 at 3:43 AM, tweezy32 said:

This is what I saw. Garrett just occupying that gap...and then he turns to go after the ball carrier (who should have been met by then). Of course he is pushed back...he’s sideways and Nelson is strong as hell...and the whole pile is moving that way. But he never even goes down somehow.

On 10/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Not if we can land Leatherwood (I think that’s his name), the LT from Alabama 

On 10/16/2020 at 6:05 PM, zibby43 said:

He drives him back when garret turns to the ball carrier to try to tackle him..

Archived