Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Quarterback

chrisbeldridge

Next year at QB  

52 members have voted

1. 1. What would you most want

• Phillip Rivers,resign Rivers and he's our starter again next season
    • Jacob Eason, throw Eason into the fire in his second year
    • Dak Prescott, sign Dak in free agency paying him close to 40 million a year
    • Sam Darnold, trade a 2nd or 3rd round pick to the Jets after they draft Lawrence or Fields
    • rookie, draft a rooking qb in the 1st or 2nd round

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Sign Cam if he's available,  then move up in draft if possible and draft the very best qb you can. 

Cam would be #1 and the highly drafted rookie & Eason compete for #2.

So.....you want to go into a season with Cam, a rookie, and a 1 year clip board holder?

I think everybody should WANT Dak Prescott for $40 million a year. That would instantly fix our issue & make us super bowl contenders. Granted, he stays healthy. 

I like Eason, but there is clear bias from the Colts fan base for young, unproven QB's. 

Last year, many were praising Chad Kelley as the best QB on our roster. He had

never even threw a football in an regular season game. 

Eason was passed 3-4 times by every team in the NFL. He COULR potentially be a starter. But, not very many 4th round picks ever end up starting. If they do, they aren't very good. Tom Brady and Russell Wilson are 1/1000. 

Count me in the "it's way to early to tell" group.

As far as the options... 

1) No to Darnold, or any other USC QB... ever.

2) No to Prescott. Good, but also surrounded by a ton of talent (OL, RB, WRs). Wouldn't be mad, but really don't want a long term high dollar contract. I'd be happier taking on Carr's last two years.

3) I'm fine with Eason if the coaches think he has what it takes. Not sure if Reich is the coach to bring any rook along though.

4) I'm fine with Rivers if he turns it around. Reich needs to help. 

5) I'd be fine if we went all in on a 1st rounder QB next draft, but honestly, I'd want either a new HC, or a new OC with a legit history to call plays to pair with the young QB.

Just now, Nesjan3 said:

Dwayne Haskins

tenor.gif

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Count me in the "it's way to early to tell" group.

As far as the options... 

1) No to Darnold, or any other USC QB... ever.

2) No to Prescott. Good, but also surrounded by a ton of talent (OL, RB, WRs). Wouldn't be mad, but really don't want a long term high dollar contract. I'd be happier taking on Carr's last two years.

3) I'm fine with Eason if the coaches think he has what it takes. Not sure if Reich is the coach to bring any rook along though.

4) I'm fine with Rivers if he turns it around. Reich needs to help. 

5) I'd be fine if we went all in on a 1st rounder QB next draft, but honestly, I'd want either a new HC, or a new OC with a legit history to call plays to pair with the young QB.

Same here. 

Not that I'm advocating for these guys but I'm curious if anyone thinks a Stafford or a Matt Ryan would be a good move if it somehow happened through trade or straight signing.

I don't know their contracts, just thinking I could MAYBE see those teams hitting the reset at QB.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could see Lawrence obviously, Fields, and Lance all going top 5. If the Jets get the #1 pick do they give up on Darnold is the question?

That's the million dollar question maybe if we are lucky Lawrence will pull an Eli and say he wants to go to Indy 

Just now, IinD said:

Not that I'm advocating for these guys but I'm curious if anyone thinks a Stafford or a Matt Ryan would be a good move if it somehow happened through trade or straight signing.

I don't know their contracts, just thinking I could MAYBE see those teams hitting the reset at QB.

Matt Ryan crossed my mind before the season as well, I had Carr, Rivers, and Ryan on my radar. 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I could see Lawrence obviously, Fields, and Lance all going top 5. If the Jets get the #1 pick do they give up on Darnold is the question?

I've seen several mocks already that have him going around 10-15. He's all over the place. Seen a few that have him going as early as 5, though all have Lawrence and Fields going before him.

Trask is also making a strong case to be in the coversation. Kid has had 90+ QBRs every game so far. 70+% completion, and 14 TDs with only 1 INT.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I'd take either.

But a QB is not the answer to either of those team's problems.

44 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

serious cary elwes GIF

Well the Washington football team learned a hard lesson sunday that benching Haskins was not the answer to their offensive inconsistencies. In fact it blew up pretty spectacularly in their faces.

Haskins had 1 year starting in college then has played under 2 offensive coordinators in as many years on a team that has, if not the most dysfunctional management in football, is right there near the top. That said, I think after this season is done he'll be a broken prospect, like Rosen.

1 hour ago, Colts1324 said:

I think everybody should WANT Dak Prescott for $40 million a year. That would instantly fix our issue & make us super bowl contenders. Granted, he stays healthy. 

I like Eason, but there is clear bias from the Colts fan base for young, unproven QB's. 

Last year, many were praising Chad Kelley as the best QB on our roster. He had

never even threw a football in an regular season game. 

Eason was passed 3-4 times by every team in the NFL. He COULR potentially be a starter. But, not very many 4th round picks ever end up starting. If they do, they aren't very good. Tom Brady and Russell Wilson are 1/1000. 

The bias in this case is due to excruciatingly obvious stale, retread, qb play that limits the play calling and makes the fan die a slow agonizing death every Sunday afternoon.... 

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

The bias in this case is due to excruciatingly obvious stale, retread, qb play that limits the play calling and makes the fan die a slow agonizing death every Sunday afternoon.... 

We're a thirsty fan base... We went from champagne QB taste to seltzer water...:)

If we lose to the Bengals this Sunday, start thinking about trading JB to accumulate some draft picks.  I'm sure there are some needy teams that need a QB.  That's why I think we need to throw Eason in there and see what he can do, have a 25M back up QB for Eason, after we get rid of a 20M back too....

3 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

If we lose to the Bengals this Sunday, start thinking about trading JB to accumulate some draft picks.  I'm sure there are some needy teams that need a QB.  That's why I think we need to throw Eason in there and see what he can do, have a 25M back up QB for Eason, after we get rid of a 20M back too....

You honestly think we would get a team to trade for Brissett? 

Why should they? If they are interested all they have to do is wait. He is going to be free agent at the end of the season. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You honestly think we would get a team to trade for Brissett? 

Why should they? If they are interested all they have to do is wait. He is going to be free agent at the end of the season. 

Agreed. If Brissett was anyone's resolution to starting qb problems, he'd be starting here.

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Lance a lot. Sir Lance A Lot lmao . He is going top 5 though. We will probably be picking in the 20 range.

Just now, runthepost said:

If Dak wants 30M a year I’ll do it. Already paying 40M plus for Rivers and Brisset

The money for Rivers and Brissett ends after thus season.   Next year we will be close to paying our QB rookie minimum. 
What we’re paying THIS YEAR is meaningless NEXT YEAR.  

As for picking in the 20’s next year,  if you read the threads on this website that possibility just up and vanished this weekend.   According to the Sky Is Falling Crowd, next year we will be lucky if we’re picking 12-16.   

Apparently, we officially suck.  So much for the playoffs.   At least, that’s what I read here.   The biggest panic I’ve seen on this website since I joined in May of 2012. 

16 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

Nobody will want his contract. Even if they pay only the non-guarantees, I don't see a team giving up anything to take it over. Maybe a later rounds pick, but that won't do much for us in terms of capital. 

2 minutes ago, Robert Johnson said:

Do we even know if Dak will be ready to play next year.That was a pretty gruesome injury.

IMO Dak isn't going anywhere. Jerry Jones will resign him. Dak will get his money. 

Jones is already taking heat over not signing him. 

If we know anything Jones is a business man, and it would be bad business not to resign Dak. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

IMO Dak isn't going anywhere. Jerry Jones will resign him. Dak will get his money. 

Jones is already taking heat over not signing him. 

If we know anything Jones is a business man, and it would be bad business not to resign Dak. 

I don't think he is going anywhere either,just not even sure he is going to be ready once the season rolls around

15 minutes ago, Robert Johnson said:

Do we even know if Dak will be ready to play next year.That was a pretty gruesome injury.

He's supposed to be out 4-6 months, and back for spring conditioning. From what I read, no big concerns in terms of healing or being 100% again. 

Not sure it does anything to his contract situation either. Perhaps it makes him more eager to sign. Doubt it changes Jone's stance. He still can use a tag one more year.

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He's supposed to be out 4-6 months, and back for spring conditioning. From what I read, no big concerns in terms of healing or being 100% again. 

Not sure it does anything to his contract situation either. Perhaps it makes him more eager to sign. Doubt it changes Jone's stance. He still can use a tag one more year.

Thanks for the update.I don't see him leaving Dallas.Whether he gets tagged or signs a new contract.I think Jones keeps him

Archived