Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets have released Bell

chad72

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

He is expected to sign with the chiefs. That team just keeps adding skilled players while ours keep getting injured.

Not only could Ballard not give up a 7th rounder for Bell (which would of been enough as the Jets released him because of no offers), then he has no interest in him after he was released. Before you say you trust Ballard over me, I trust a SB winning Chiefs FO over Ballard and I'm taking their opinion on this one to sign him. 

Would of completely made up for Mack. This is a perfect example that we aren't trying on the Colts to win this year.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not only could Ballard not give up a 7th rounder for Bell (which would of been enough as the Jets released him because of no offers), then he has no interest in him after he was released. Before you say you trust Ballard over me, I trust a SB winning Chiefs FO over Ballard and I'm taking their opinion on this one to sign him. 

Would of completely made up for Mack. This is a perfect example that we aren't trying on the Colts to win this year.

In Ballard We Trust

I won't sleep on this

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

In Ballard We Trust

I won't sleep on this

Yet, the team who signed him won the SB last year, and was in a similar situation as us RB-wise when they made the decision. Who has more credibility here? Definitely not Ballard. The Chiefs are still trying to get better like a top team should. We have resigned ourselves to a middle-of-the-pack team. Shame on Ballard for not having interest. A 7th would of gotten us Bell here. I'm starting to lose faith in him as well now along with Reich.

6 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yet, the team who signed him won the SB last year, and was in a similar situation as us RB-wise when they made the decision. Who has more credibility here? Definitely not Ballard. The Chiefs are still trying to get better like a top team should. We have resigned ourselves to a middle-of-the-pack team. Shame on Ballard for not having interest. A 7th would of gotten us Bell here. I'm starting to lose faith in him as well now along with Reich.

Bell wouldn't have made us SB contenders!

Ballard has done a lot of good for the Colts.

Remember when he got here Grigson had basically destroyed the franchise and within a couple years he's turned around both the OL and the D as a whole.

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are over the top ranting. 

Look Jared, just stop. take a breath and chill out. 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Bell wouldn't have made us SB contenders!

Ballard has done a lot of good for the Colts.

Remember when he got here Grigson had basically destroyed the franchise and within a couple years he's turned around both the OL and the D as a whole.

Bell would of been the Mack replacement that made us playoff contenders. You shouldn't ask yourself if you are a SB contender Dan, you should ask yourself if you are a playoff contender. With Bell we have a chance in the hard 2nd half of our schedule, without him, we crash and burn. 

Ballard is a great drafter, but that's it at this point. We have Brissett for a year, Rivers for a year (that's two years wasted with the current way the team is). There's no way Ballard can think we are making the playoffs with this team. We have to add to it when we get these rare chances. Ballard never does so unless it's through the draft.

If we were going all-in this year with Rivers and a $25 million dollar contract, then we need to help him win this year. Ballard failed to do so in a unique opportunity to get Bell for a 7th round pick. Seriously? What is he doing?

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Bell would of been the Mack replacement that made us playoff contenders. You shouldn't ask yourself if you are a SB contender Dan, you should ask yourself if you are a playoff contender. With Bell we have a chance in the hard 2nd half of our schedule, without him, we crash and burn. 

Ballard is a great drafter, but that's it at this point. We have Brissett for a year, Rivers for a year (that's two years wasted with the current way the team is). There's no way Ballard can think we are making the playoffs with this team. We have to add to it when we get these rare chances. Ballard never does so unless it's through the draft.

If we were going all-in this year with Rivers and a $25 million dollar contract, then we need to help him win this year. Ballard failed to do so in a unique opportunity to get Bell for a 7th round pick. Seriously? What is he doing?

Its only week 6 coming up 

There's no need to be so down buddy 

Just now, danlhart87 said:

My point is he wouldn't have made that much of a difference 

If he was the difference between making the playoffs and missing it, then that's all the difference you need. Once you make the playoffs, anything can happen. With this team's 2nd half schedule, we're in big trouble. 

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was reading an article on the Jets and it seems it's not all on Gase when it comes to Bell. 

Bell was over weight and didn't want to put in the work. 

I have no idea how much of this is true but Bell does have a history of getting under the skin of the coaches and the front office. 

Assuming Ballard is doing anything wrong in this matter is jumping to conclusions for no reason. 

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

If he was the difference between making the playoffs and missing it, then that's all the difference you need. Once you make the playoffs, anything can happen. With this team's 2nd half schedule, we're in big trouble. 

Its only week 6!

You are acting like the season is over already 

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was reading an article on the Jets and it seems it's not all on Gase when it comes to Bell. 

Bell was over weight and didn't want to put in the work. 

I have no idea how much of this is true but Bell does have a history of getting under the skin of the coaches and the front office. 

Assuming Ballard is doing anything wrong in this matter is jumping to conclusions for no reason. 

Adam Gase used Bell completely ineffectively. Used him in a poor scheme, only ran him down the middle, didn't involve him in the pass game, and blamed him when things went wrong. Bell was a leader in the Jets locker room. 

Trust me, it is all on Gase. Every decent name that leaves Gase does better when he leaves or on another team. Tannehill, Drake, Parker, Robby Anderson, Gesicki, Osemele just to name a few on offense. This is a Gase issue.

Whether you want to blame Ballard or defend him or whatever, I trust a SB winning FO in a similar situation at us at RB (Helaire/Taylor, Williams/Hines, Thompson/Wilkins), over Ballard when they sign Bell. They have the credibility. Ballard doesn't. It just makes the Colts look like they don't care about winning, especially when they can't give up a 7th round pick for Bell to replace Mack and help Rivers.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

My point is he wouldn't have made that much of a difference 

Fact is, you don't know that. Wasn't your beef against him was entirely based off perceived 'me me' attitude.

As far as his actual running ability, it's extremely difficult to tell. He had a torrid time in NY. His last game was pretty good, I watched closely because of fantasy football haha His YPC was good, the team around him just blew majorly.

Now, KC has had some similar issues to Indy as far as run game. They've got a bell cow with their rookie but much like JT, he hasn't exactly blown the doors off. KC think Bell is worth the gamble. If he hits, great. If not, the investment isn't heavy. Best case scenario, he and CEH give them a superb run + pass catching duo like Cleveland had with Hunt and Chubb. 

I don't know for a fact that Bell will be a hit but he sure gives an option that's welcome, and if he can still play even at 75% what he was in his last year in Pitt, that''s a top 10 RB instantly. We will see.

Does Indy need running help behind JT or alongside? From what I've seen. Yes. Love Wilkins, he's actually my fave Colts back right now but he's RB3 for a reason. And Mr Hines is a gadget player who Mr. Reich has tried to use as a standard RB and he just cannot do the job. 

I strongly believe Colts are fine with Taylor. His YPC will improve in time. 

Bell chose a smart team because he wont be the main focus on the O.

Chiefs O is already one of the best and that helps because Mahomes is already the top QB and that takes away tons of the media attention he would get.

47 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Exactly....this type of stuff has been going on forever.  The bottom feeders release/or trade talent for 6th,7th rounders and the Elite teams,the teams in WIN NOW MODE gobble them up while the rest of league just does nothing.

Archived