Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets have released Bell

chad72

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

Could be a good compliment to Taylor 

Only the terminally clueless believe that. 

6 minutes ago, runthepost said:

Should of fired Gates before doing anything :lol:. Bell to KC

There is literally nothing about Bell that would be appealing to the Chiefs

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It seems Bell just disappeared off the face of the earth but what else is new when you play for the Jets lmao . He was an all-pro with the Steelers.

sad thing is he could have gotten more from Pittsburgh but decided to act like this

happy joaquin phoenix GIF

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It seems Bell just disappeared off the face of the earth but what else is new when you play for the Jets lmao . He was an all-pro with the Steelers.

sad thing is he could have gotten more from Pittsburgh but decided to act like this

happy joaquin phoenix GIF

11 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

How does Gase still have a job while Bell is released? I mean Bell underperformed and definitely needed to go, but I’ve got to wonder how hard the Jets are tanking now with retaining their current coaching staff. 

Jets about to tank for Lawrence then he will return

Just now, danlhart87 said:

Jets about to tank for Lawrence then he will return

If I were Lawrence, I would refuse to play there. Sad to say, but Joe Burrow probably should have done the same thing with Cincy. I can safely say as a Bengals fan that the franchise is in a very poor state, and Burrow has practically zero help. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

If I were Lawrence, I would refuse to play there. Sad to say, but Joe Burrow probably should have done the same thing with Cincy. I can safely say as a Bengals fan that the franchise is in a very poor state, and Burrow has practically zero help. 

Burrow will slowly turn that franchise around 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Burrow will slowly turn that franchise around 

I have faith in Joe. I don’t have much faith in the leadership to get him support and protection. 

He took 7 sacks against the Ravens this past weekend. One of the times it looked like he was broken in half. We all know what happens when your superstar QB gets hit a few times too many...

Just now, RollerColt said:

I have faith in Joe. I don’t have much faith in the leadership to get him support and protection. 

He took 7 sacks against the Ravens this past weekend. One of the times it looked like he was broken in half. We all know what happens when your superstar QB gets hit a few times too many...

They retire then return in 21' like Bobby Boucher

If signing him will make Frank & Phillip run it more then do it.  We were a smash mouthed team with Jacoby at QB. We don’t need Phillip to be the gunslinger. He’s old & can’t buy any time in the pocket.  If he wants a ring, become a game manager like Jacoby was last year.  Just make the big play action throws Jacoby couldn’t/wouldn’t.  Titans are winning with that formula.  If Frank can’t see that, then maybe us hiring him and not Vrabel was our biggest mistake?

47 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

As long as Burrow doesn't snowboard in the off-season, he should be okay...

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I’m a Bengals fan too (family is from Cincy) and watching Burrow is giving me flashbacks to Luck’s first years. Even worse for Burrow is that the Bengals won’t ever hire someone like Ballard to help him

I would sign Bell to something like 1 year, 4 million for the rest of the year honestly. He could get 10-15 carries a game to split carries with Taylor, he's great in the passing game, and he'd be eager to prove himself for one final contract in his career. This is a perfect signing for the Colts in all honesty and it would be for free.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I would sign Bell to something like 1 year, 4 million for the rest of the year honestly. He could get 10-15 carries a game to split carries with Taylor, he's great in the passing game, and he'd be eager to prove himself for one final contract in his career. This is a perfect signing for the Colts in all honesty and it would be for free.

That Sucks The Office GIF

I wouldn't like it even if they offered him coupons somewhere 

Fair enough. I'm not a huge fan of Bell at this point, but he fits our offense perfectly, and he's a nice 1 year mack replacement IMO. I'd still take him since we'd be giving up no draft compensation.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Fair enough. I'm not a huge fan of Bell at this point, but he fits our offense perfectly, and he's a nice 1 year mack replacement IMO. I'd still take him since we'd be giving up no draft compensation.

He's burying himself and will settle on 1 year deal then blow that too

He's burying himself and will settle on 1 year deal then blow that too

Do you think he won't make us a better football team this year? Bell is the shot in the arm we need on offense, especially if we keep Rivers as the starting QB. What do you have against him?

5 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Do you think he won't make us a better football team this year? Bell is the shot in the arm we need on offense, especially if we keep Rivers as the starting QB. What do you have against him?

He sat out an entire year for a contract then settled for less than he asked after he realized nobody wanted to sign him.

He then came to the Jets and played like garbage and thinks he deserves another shot. 

He sat out an entire year for a contract then settled for less than he asked after he realized nobody wanted to sign him.

He then came to the Jets and played like garbage and thinks he deserves another shot. 

First part, I agree with. He acted like a baby.

Second part, you are completely wrong. Everyone plays bad under Adam Gase. He makes every player that plays under him worse. He used Bell in a scheme that didn't benefit him, and he underutilized him as well. Didn't use him in the pass game, and just ran him down the middle of the field 10 carries a game. Guys like Drake, Parker, Tannehill, Gesicki, Robby Anderson have all done much better when leaving an Adam Gase coached team.

Bell did nothing wrong on the Jets. He does deserve another shot, as does everyone on the Jets that had to play under Adam Gase. We are the perfect situation for him and signing him would benefit both sides.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

First part, I agree with. He acted like a baby.

Second part, you are completely wrong. Everyone plays bad under Adam Gase. He makes every player that plays under him worse. He used Bell in a scheme that didn't benefit him, and he underutilized him as well. Didn't use him in the pass game, and just ran him down the middle of the field 10 carries a game. Guys like Drake, Parker, Tannehill, Gesicki, Robby Anderson have all done much better when leaving an Adam Gase coached team.

Bell did nothing wrong on the Jets. He does deserve another shot, as does everyone on the Jets that had to play under Adam Gase. We are the perfect situation for him and signing him would benefit both sides.

And how do you think he will act when he finds out he isn't #1 and will get 5 to 10 attempts tops?sad face GIF

5 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

And how do you think he will act when he finds out he isn't #1 and will get 5 to 10 attempts tops?sad face GIF

Is that all you got out of what I said? Really?

It depends if Reich was honest with him and told him what his carries would be. If he got 10 carries a game and 5-6 catches a game behind our offensive line, and we were a competent organization, I'm sure he'd be fine with it. Just don't tell him you're going to get him involved in the offense and not do it like Adam Gase.

He's always had that me me me attitude and it caused him to leave Pittsburgh.

He then went to an absolute train wreck of a team and used every opportunity regardless of teams success to trash the Jets including liking a post of Jets misusing him and wanting to get out.

Players demand trades all the time but this is the 2nd time he's acted like a fool and I don't think he deserves 3rd opportunity even 1 year prove it.

Let's say we do 1 year rental he goes off here he can sign huge contract elsewhere or he plays like crap and his career becomes XFL and Canadian league craptastic options.

2 hours ago, RollerColt said:

How does Gase still have a job while Bell is released? I mean Bell underperformed and definitely needed to go, but I’ve got to wonder how hard the Jets are tanking now with retaining their current coaching staff. 

Would you want to fire a coach that looks at you like this 200.gif, I would be like dude I am out of here, go 0-16 for all I care.

Archived