Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers getting grilled on Twitter

On 10/11/2020 at 11:53 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I can promise you this isn’t what the Colts thought they were getting.  If they had they wouldn’t have given him that contract.   

Then Ballard and Reich weren’t paying close attention. This is the Rivers I pretty much expected which is why I wasn’t high on the Colts signing him.  

Rivers is what he is but the biggest let down has been Reich’s regression as a play caller and game planner. That I wasn’t expecting. He doesn’t seem to use the talent we have on offense appropriately. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dan Orlovsky should never critique any quarterback play ever. 

Twitter is a cesspool.

What did we expect we were getting? This isn’t some kind of new thing for Rivers. Just new to us. 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, John Waylon said:

Just say no to Jacoby. 

You realize the kind of pickle that could put us in? He’s a FA after the season. 

Let’s say he comes in and just tears it up. Wins MVP, even. That good. Suddenly we got a problem. What do we do? We can’t just let him walk, so we sign him for 25 million or north a season for 4 or 5 years, and then we get stuck married to 2019 Jacoby until that deal is up. Gonna be a waste of Leonard, and Nelson. By the time they compete with a QB capable of winning again they’ll be in the twilight of their careers if not the decline. They won’t hang around long-term. Free agents aren’t going to want to come.

Do we want to be the new Washington?

Just say no to Jacoby. 

**Edit**
Signed, 

A full blown Rivers hater that wants to see a different QB

I seriously doubt Brissett will tear it up and play at a mvp level.

11 hours ago, Two_pound said:

Rivers looks as good as those 40 something qbs in Tampa and New Orleans, who, by the way, both teams are also 3-2. We completely dominated a Viking team that hung with the Packers and should have beaten the seahawks(a team many on here can't stop saying how great they are)(what a crock of crap). We crushed the Bears, took care of the jest like we should of, somehow lost to the jags even though statistically dominated them. And lost to the browns with out the best defensive player in the game or our left tackle or our starting rb, and down two young recievers in a year there were no preseason games. Hmmmmmmmm, and yet to some of you on here this team is in shambles and has no chance to compete. WWaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, whine whine and whine some more. This team is still the best in the afc south and won't have any trouble making the playoffs

You know I've been a bit surprised on some of the posts I'm reading here.

We're 3-2 and our season is still in good shape.  

What is it exactly Colts fans expect ? For us to be 4-1 or 5-0 and blowing out opponents by 35 points a game ? Is that the only thing that will make Colts fans happy ?

Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way. We're a good team.  We beat a good bears team on the road. We have some things to correct and I'm confident Reich will correct them.

Things didn't go our way in the Browns game. The oline was completely and single handedly whipped by miles Garrett. Rivers was pressured unmercifully and was forced into a bad mistake. I'm sure he regrets it.

As far as arm strength is concerned, Rivers can still fling it if he has a pocket to step into. The comparisons to Brady are rather silly in that Brady has looked terrible for the bucs throwing pic sixes and even forgetting what down it was.

Look I get it.  Some of you don't like Rivers for whatever reason. I'm not here to ask you to like Rivers, only to give him a chance and see how this season plays out.

If it doesn't work out then I'm sure the Colts will move on to the next qb.

But to give up this early in the season seems rather strange.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, PrNum1 said:

You know I've been a bit surprised on some of the posts I'm reading here.

We're 3-2 and our season is still in good shape.  

What is it exactly Colts fans expect ? For us to be 4-1 or 5-0 and blowing out opponents by 35 points a game ? Is that the only thing that will make Colts fans happy ?

Unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way. We're a good team.  We beat a good bears team on the road. We have some things to correct and I'm confident Reich will correct them.

Things didn't go our way in the Browns game. The oline was completely and single handedly whipped by miles Garrett. Rivers was pressured unmercifully and was forced into a bad mistake. I'm sure he regrets it.

As far as arm strength is concerned, Rivers can still fling it if he has a pocket to step into. The comparisons to Brady are rather silly in that Brady has looked terrible for the bucs throwing pic sixes and even forgetting what down it was.

Look I get it.  Some of you don't like Rivers for whatever reason. I'm not here to ask you to like Rivers, only to give him a chance and see how this season plays out.

If it doesn't work out then I'm sure the Colts will move on to the next qb.

But to give up this early in the season seems rather strange.

It was like that in here when Luck was QB too. I have been a member since 2015 but have been reading comments in here since roughly 2013.  There are always that handful of people that are never satisfied/can't please and are critical of the team every week. Luck was very good/borderline great but to some it was, he won the division because it was weak or he could never beat the Pats. Stuff gets old after a while. I get it, winning the SB is the ultimate goal but damn only 1 team does that every year. Bottomline is we are 3-2 and have 2 very winnable games in front of us. I am good for now. If we lose to the Bengals and people want to be upset I get that, that makes sense.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was like that in here when Luck was QB too. I have been a member since 2015 but have been reading comments in here since roughly 2013.  There are always that handful of people that are never satisfied/can't please and are critical of the team every week. Luck was very good/borderline great but to some it was, he won the division because it was weak or he could never beat the Pats. Stuff gets old after a while. I get it, winning the SB is the ultimate goal but damn only 1 team does that every year. Bottomline is we are 3-2 and have 2 very winnable games in front of us. I am good for now. If we lose to the Bengals and people want to be upset I get that, that makes sense.

Truth. There were a couple of members who even said we should bench Luck and start Brissett. 

I understand being disappointed or even mad but losing your mind over something you have no control over is not mentally healthy. 

• Like 3
On 10/12/2020 at 7:59 AM, Mr.Debonair said:

How has he done that? Thru 5 games he has played, he has thrown 4 TDs and 3 INTS. Those numbers arent better than what Jacoby was doing up the same point last year and a lower QBR

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, had a busy week last week with family coming into town and moving at work, etc.  Anyways.  I don't look at or use QBR to determine the effectiveness of a QB because it's not an accurate stat.  Two major items to look at though are yards per attempt and yards per completion, both of which are significantly higher than JBs.  The other two areas are redzone efficiency and 3rd down efficiency, both of which Rivers has not done well with the Colts so far (Not counting the Cincy game since my post and the post I am responding to was before the game).  But, as I have mentioned in other threads, that is to be expected somewhat with a QB to a new team and a minimal training camp and no preseason games.