Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How long should River leash be? (merge)


How long should Rivers leash be?  

119 members have voted

  1. 1. How long should Rivers leash be before Jacoby goes in?

    • He is done Jacoby should start next week.
      10
    • One more bad outing
      11
    • Multiple more bad outings
      22
    • He is the starter till the end
      60
    • Other
      15


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please don't make me watch Jacoby Brissett play again. I'd rather see Rivers throw 5 picks a game than fall asleep watching Brissett dink and dunk his way to an 8-8 record and an uneventful 16th overa

I wish he wasn’t here at all. 4 TDs in 5 games is awfulllll. He might be more immobile than Brady at this point in their career.    He can’t even throw the ball 30 yards with zip on it! I truly

Chad Kelly is better than Rivers  

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont get the people who picked until the season is over .  So if rivers the next 10 games throws 4 or 5 picks a game averages 150 passing yards 1 touchdown and a 30 QBR  and loses 11 games in a row .  You wouldnt wanna put eason in for the last game ?

ummm, I don't think that's a very likely scenario. But if that did happen, that would be the worst season for a QB ever and I doubt anyone would defend Rivers. I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Shadow_Creek said:

he didn't choose Tampa, Tampa was all that was left after we turned him down for Rivers

not how i remember it.  the team said they wanted to do a one year contract and brady wanted two so he chose tampa 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

if eason averages 220 yards a game one touchdown and one pick . hes better then rivers this year.

Ok,   he could be much worse than that

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainColt12 said:

ummm, I don't think that's a very likely scenario. But if that did happen, that would be the worst season for a QB ever and I doubt anyone would defend Rivers. I'm not sure if you're just being sarcastic. 

i am just making a point . how can people say no matter what let  rivers play every single game .  its a performance league if rivers continues to throw picks and not get touchdowns he has to be benched no matter if he is a hall of fammer  or not is my point .  you have to make the right pick for the team .

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Ok,   he could be much worse than that

okay then we get a top ten pick .  with rivers we could still end up having a top ten pick .  the chargers went 3-13 with him . play eason he is the future you will love him . easons was a huge manning fan growing up , he has a rocket arm makes elite throws .  it would be  a breathe of fresh air

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:


Oh you don’t think Brady or Cam Newton were better options?


Brady no way but I forgot about Cam.  Yeah he would have been a better option. I’ve always liked him as a QB.  One heck of a player and would have loved a one year prove it deal with him.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

How long is Ballard’s and Frank Reich’s? Because if they allow him to play like this all season their leash will become very short as it was on both of them to bring him in this season. Teddy Bridgewater sure looked good today.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone advocating for Rivers I’m praying for you. He gave up 8 points to the Browns. He needs to be more mobile in the pocket. He doesn’t have that at his age. Also Reich again failed to put them in better positions to score. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need a play maker at QB. Rivers is just to much of a statue and when things break down he can’t make plays. Even in our wins the offense has been horrible. I would play Eason if this keeps up. Reich has no imagination in this offense either. Terrible coaching.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

okay then we get a top ten pick .  with rivers we could still end up having a top ten pick .  the chargers went 3-13 with him . play eason he is the future you will love him . easons was a huge manning fan growing up , he has a rocket arm makes elite throws .  it would be  a breathe of fresh air

I'm not hating on Eason.  I hope he becomes great.   I highly doubt if he was thrown in the fire now he would have much success.  Very little training camp, no preseason and not many playmaker on offense.     

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Eason couldn't do  worse  than rivers

I doubt the coaching staff feels Eason is ready.  He was my second favorite prospect from the draft but could tell he needed more coaching.  Best to let him ride the bench and maybe see what he has if eliminated from playoff contention if Ballard/Reich think he has starter potential. Chances are Eason’s ceiling is high end backup or fringe starter at best.   Letting him watch and practice next to experienced pros for awhile is probably gives him the greatest chance to surpass that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember people saying we were in a better QB situation than the Patriots. Please we’re pay Rivers 25 million to throw picks and one touchdown a game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if eason averages 220 yards a game one touchdown and one pick . hes better then rivers this year.

As I said in another thread of Rivers is going to make decisions like a rookie they might as well play the rookie and let him learn.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt Reich will cut bait on Rivers barring injury.  That said any talk of a second year of Rivers needs to stop. We are not getting $25 million worth of production from him.  We need to sign a better vet or start the Eason era. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Rivers throwing 2 INTs doesn't make a lot of your bad takes good. It just means Rivers throws INTs, which we already knew. When you compare him to Brady and Mahomes (like you did), nobody thinks he's near either. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

i dont get the people who picked until the season is over .  So if rivers the next 10 games throws 4 or 5 picks a game averages 150 passing yards 1 touchdown and a 30 QBR  and loses 11 games in a row .  You wouldnt wanna put eason in for the last game ?

Do you ever read what you write?

 

Goodness gracious, what a mess. 
 

Do you really think there’s ANY chance of that happening?   Then why write that?   Come on now....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Rivers throwing 2 INTs doesn't make a lot of your bad takes good. It just means Rivers throws INTs, which we already knew. When you compare him to Brady and Mahomes (like you did), nobody thinks he's near either. 

Name my bad takes that were wrong please. I’ll wait.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need a play maker at QB. Rivers is just to much of a statue and when things break down he can’t make plays. Even in our wins the offense has been horrible. I would play Eason if this keeps up. Reich has no imagination in this offense either. Terrible coaching.

 

I have to agree with this part. Frank is not the play calling whiz I thought he was.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

you were right , i never thought rivers was good though . i just thought our wide receivers were not as bad . i still dont think they are i think rivers just is horrible

I said the same thing you said before the season and then all I heard from the homers was he would be so much better with our offensive  line. Maybe I was right!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To the folks about to get into an argument, do it via direct message, nobody cares 'if you knew it'... Whatever 'it' is .. Lol

 

It's football.. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Phillip Rivers gets this season.   Unless he gets hurt.    Otherwise.....

 

The biggest problems we have are elsewhere...    an under-achieving O-line and now a lack of weapons.   We lost to a good team, there’s no shame here. 
 

But it’s a long season...   a little patience and confidence would help around here....  

Your a pacers fan arn't you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BigO said:

I said the same thing you said before the season and then all I heard from the homers was he would be so much better with our offensive  line. Maybe I was right!

 

Rivers, his QB rating was terrible in the 4th qtr. when he had to come back. Coming off an outstanding 2018 season, we did not know if 2019 was a 1 year aberration or if it was a by product of inferior OL play which he won't have here in Indy. Now, we are realizing his 2019 might bleed over to 2020, at least he is on pace for 20 INTs, isn't he? Then our OL isn't all world either. Oh well!!

 

It was a roll of the dice but I hate to keep typing this, I wish we had went after Tom Brady but we probably did not invest in enough offensive skill position guys to lure him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We need a play maker at QB. Rivers is just to much of a statue and when things break down he can’t make plays. Even in our wins the offense has been horrible. I would play Eason if this keeps up. Reich has no imagination in this offense either. Terrible coaching.

But they only ran the painfully obvious Hines up the gut on second down run once!  /sarcasm off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chad72 said:

 

I have to agree with this part. Frank is not the play calling whiz I thought he was.

I also kind of wrote this just now in another thread. I'm not killing the guy, but I thought we were getting an Andy Reid type thinker. 

I honestly can't even tell you what our 'staple' offense is. 

 

In the old days you knew we would attack the seams and go deep with Marv and hit Reg with the underneath stuff while running zone schemes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grigson's Gaffes said:

Name my bad takes that were wrong please. I’ll wait.

1. The whole noodle arm thing IIRC. He's had plenty of throws that weren't noodlish. 

 

2. Comparing him to old GOAT and new GOAT, is just silly.

 

He's always thrown INTs. It's not some mystery. Outside of the INTs, his play wasn't bad. It's really the only dig on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chad72 said:

 

Rivers, his QB rating was terrible in the 4th qtr. when he had to come back. Coming off an outstanding 2018 season, we did not know if it was a 1 year aberration or if it was a by product of inferior OL play which he won't have here in Indy. Now, we are realizing his 2019 might bleed over to 2020, at least he is on pace for 20 INTs, isn't he?

 

It was a roll of the dice but I hate to keep typing this, I wish we had went after Tom Brady but we probably did not invest in enough offensive skill position guys to lure him. 

I am not going to lie after the first pick today I thought to myself the Colts picked the wrong old QB.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I am not going to lie after the first pick today I thought to myself the Colts picked the wrong old QB.  

 

Brady would have kept us in till the last play even with sub par skill position guys, something I cannot say about Rivers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Nadine changed the title to How long should River leash be? (merge)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...