Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How long should River leash be? (merge)

How long should Rivers leash be?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. How long should Rivers leash be before Jacoby goes in?

• He is done Jacoby should start next week.
    • One more bad outing
    • Multiple more bad outings
    • He is the starter till the end
    • Other

Something else that bugs me about Reich. He wanted A new oline cosch. This coach has taken the fire out of the oline. We don’t even hear about pancake blocks. Why would he mess with a good thing.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please don't make me watch Jacoby Brissett play again. I'd rather see Rivers throw 5 picks a game than fall asleep watching Brissett dink and dunk his way to an 8-8 record and an uneventful 16th overa

I wish he wasn’t here at all. 4 TDs in 5 games is awfulllll. He might be more immobile than Brady at this point in their career.    He can’t even throw the ball 30 yards with zip on it! I truly

Chad Kelly is better than Rivers  

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something else that bugs me about Reich. He wanted A new oline cosch. This coach has taken the fire out of the oline. We don’t even hear about pancake blocks. Why would he mess with a good thing.

AC was out yesterday, that was a big loss.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was a big loss. There is something to be said however for how the offensive line has played so far this season. There appears to be a "spark" of some kind missing. The run blocking hasn't been good, much less average and the pass protection had its true first breakdown game against the Browns. I know some of the players have been dealing with injuries but the only notable changes really has been with the coaching staff.

• Like 1
Just now, Restored said:

It was a big loss. There is something to be said however for how the offensive line has played so far this season. There appears to be a "spark" of some kind missing. The run blocking hasn't been good, much less average and the pass protection had its true first breakdown game against the Browns. I know some of the players have been dealing with injuries but the only notable changes really has been with the coaching staff.

Every loss is disappointing, we are still 3-2 which is a good position to be in. I am not too worried, now if we lose to Cincy I will worry.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Then they aren't very bright. They have the info to know which teams are easier or harder on their schedule. I don't care if they were way off on that assessment and the Jets beat us. Everything suggested we would blow them out of the water and an intelligent FO should know that and at least make Eason active for rare opportunities such as that.

If it doesn't work and it's a close game, oh well. You did the right strategy and it's easy to explain to the media if they call you out on it. Of all the problems we have right now, making Eason active Vs the Jets for possible 4th quarter garbage time would be the least of them if it didn't happen.

I'd just like to see more of an emphasis to use our young QBs. I have a feeling at the end of the year, we'll know nothing about Eason just like we knew nothing about Kelly, and it'll be last year's offseason all over again QB-wise.

No NFL team game plans like that.  It’s not about being bright, it’s about developing a game plan to be ready for the game and trying to get a W.  No coach game plans like we will win this one by 30 so we better have our third string QB active for garbage time.  That leads to over confidence and leads to losses.

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

We haven’t been good all year in the run game.

Agreed. I don't blame Taylor for it. His YPC have been going up every game. It's the fact that Reich has been getting away from the run game and it hurts our offense. Really demoralizing for the fans and (probably) the offense.

3 minutes ago, Restored said:

I know some of the players have been dealing with injuries but the only notable changes really has been with the coaching staff.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We haven’t been good all year in the run game. The old coach has them playing mean.

What was the name of the old OLine coach?

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes, yesterday underscored how important AC is to the line.  The last time he was out for an extended period of time was Nelson’s rookie season and the line struggled then too.  That’s not just a happy accident, well in this case a sad accident.

• Like 1

The sad truth about rivers is that when a team goes up by two scores against him the game is over .   when the browns went up by 10  i knew the game was over .   At that point the browns know rivers is throwing the element of surprise is gone and out comes the picks , and bad judgement throws.      I mean if dak can drop 40 and 500 yards passing on the browns and rivers cannot  score more then 16 points something is wrong .      the colts run game is not elite any more its struggling so on offense all we got is a game manager QB and a average run game now .    The only hope is that the defense keeps the score close because if we get down by more then one touchdown the game is over .   It felt like we were down by 40 points yesterday that is how bad the offense looked .

• Like 1

this goes to show how important mack is to the colts.   how many plays last year did it look like there were zero holes and mack slips through and does a dance and breaks 5 tackles .  his patience is key he runs like a mix of edgerin james and barry sanders . the holes were not that big last year and mack would skip through for 9 yard gains with 9 men in the box.    Resign mack

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

This is at reichs presser right now. This sounds like Pagono. Didn’t Ballard bring people in to hold people accountable.

Wow, that sounds horrible. The sad emoji is at Reich, not at you.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I voted 1 more bad outing, still have patience but we can't lose to Cincy. 

If we lose to Cinci and it's Rivers fault, here's what I would do. Trade or release Rivers, trade for Either Haskins or Darnold heading into the bye week. Have Haskins/Darnold, Brissett, and Eason compete for the starting job over 2 weeks of practice and try to salvage the season.

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we lose to Cinci and it's Rivers fault, here's what I would do. Trade or release Rivers, trade for Either Haskins or Darnold heading into the bye week. Have Haskins/Darnold, Brissett, and Eason compete for the starting job over 2 weeks of practice and try to salvage the season.

If Rivers plays like crap vs Cincy I will be shocked. That won't be good.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Rivers plays like crap vs Cincy I will be shocked. That won't be good.

Depending on the injuries, I expect the Colts to lose again. Bengals will put up 30 on us like the Browns did. They got shut down by the Ravens yesterday, but Burrow has been excellent besides that. The Browns were exactly similar to the Bengals in the Ravens situation and did well Vs us, so I kinda expect the same from the Bengals.

Our offense just sucks, and I don't trust our defense without Leonard if he doesn't play again. If Rivers underperforms next week, I'm ready to dump him for whatever I can get before the bye week.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Until we find a Qb that makes defenses defend the entire field and doesn’t hamstring the offense this as good as we are going to get. 

Rivers can still beat the bad teams and average teams IMO, beating the real good teams has me concerned though. The Browns are actually very good on offense. If we lose to Cincy than it is time to panic, until then I remain calm.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Well good because we know he isn't the answer either.

I'm the biggest Brissett hater on the forum, and he is better than Rivers. At least Brissett won't throw INTs. Other than that, he's exactly the same as Rivers now.

43 minutes ago, Bert Johns said:

We have 2 losses and both have a common theme. Phillip Rivers pick 6. Enough said

This isn't true - I  was at that Week 1 loss in Jacksonville and although Rivers did throw 2 picks in that game, neither one of them went back to the House. They both gave the Jaguars short fields resulting in a touchdown & a field goal, but only 1 of Philip's 5 picks on the season has been returned for a touchdown, and that was in yesterday's loss.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Lancer1 said:

This isn't true - I  was at that Week 1 loss in Jacksonville and although Rivers did throw 2 picks in that game, neither one of them went back to the House. They both gave the Jaguars short fields resulting in a touchdown & a field goal, but only 1 of Philip's 5 picks on the season has been returned for a touchdown, and that was in yesterday's loss.

I don't even think yesterday was all his fault, our D can't hold them on a 3rd and 9 = pathetic. 

• Like 1
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't even think yesterday was all his fault, our D can't hold them on a 3rd and 9 = pathetic. 

True - Philip definitely committed some costly mistakes, but he's far from the only one who did: fair catching that punt inside the 5 put our backs against the wall, and like you referenced, giving up the big run on 3rd & 9 was a back breaker.

• Like 1
  • Nadine changed the title to How long should River leash be? (merge)