Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

A tackle should of been taken this draft to at least groom. I hope we draft a stud next year to replace him. Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KB said:

A tackle should of been taken this draft to at least groom. I hope we draft a stud next year to replace him. Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

We’ll for sure be getting a tackle next season. Again Nelson has had to help AC for the past 4 games. If it’s not giving him an extra push on the back or coming off his assignment to pickup AC’s. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KB said:

A tackle should of been taken this draft to at least groom. I hope we draft a stud next year to replace him. Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

You can’t force it.  I mean you are probably going to get a starting left tackle in the first three rounds for the most part.  Look at what the Colts used those picks on and tell me what you would have given up?

 

1.  Buckner

2.  Pittman

3.  Taylor

4.  Blackmon.

 

Three of them are some of the best players on the roster right now.  
 

Also, I am not sure if one was there when the Colts picked to warrant the draft pick.

 

Yes it puts them in a bit of a hole at LT but they would also be in a major hole at one of the other positions had they taken a LT over one of the other guys too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You can’t force it.  I mean you are probably going to get a starting left tackle in the first three rounds for the most part.  Look at what the Colts used those picks on and tell me what you would have given up?

 

1.  Buckner

2.  Pittman

3.  Taylor

4.  Blackmon.

 

Three of them are some of the best players on the roster right now.  
 

Also, I am not sure if one was there when the Colts picked to warrant the draft pick.

 

Yes it puts them in a bit of a hole at LT but they would also be in a major hole at one of the other positions had they taken a LT over one of the other guys too.

I'm with you that there might not of been one. At this point I would of taken a LT over Pittman. Hind sight is 20/20 and he was the right pick at the time. Thats not a total knock on him. He will take some time to develop and hopefully become a good WR, but even before the injury he wasn't what we needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No he’s been struggling this season. We didn’t lose because he was out today. Philip cost us this game today.

AC really hasnt been good this year, pff gave him a 63 which is backup caliber

 

hes only given up one sack and one penalty but i remember more than one play where he was beat and either nelson helped him or phil got the ball out anyway 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KB said:

I'm with you that there might not of been one. At this point I would of taken a LT over Pittman. Hind sight is 20/20 and he was the right pick at the time. Thats not a total knock on him. He will take some time to develop and hopefully become a good WR, but even before the injury he wasn't what we needed.

I think Pittman is unknown right now we just haven’t seen enough of him to say if they should have drafted him or not.  I mean right now it’s easy to say they should have claypool over Pittman but let’s not kid ourselves the Colts needed another WR.  That’s part of the struggles with the Colts offense.  Thanks to injuries to Pittman and Campbell they just don’t have the playmakers they need at WR.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Thanks to injuries to Pittman and Campbell they just don’t have the playmakers they need at WR.

That right there, absolutely sucks. We address problems then can't use them. Our Wrs can't stay healthy anymore. Austin Collies ghost seems to continue to haunt us

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB said:

Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

This was really, really disturbing. We knew Clark was going to struggle, and he certainly did, but that doesn't explain how everything else fell apart. This looked like the line from 3 years ago. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

The loss of Castonzo was felt today. And I’m sure Rivers is feeling it too. 

No it wasn’t at all. Colts gave up one sack. Philip ducked us today 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ColtV said:

This was really, really disturbing. We knew Clark was going to struggle, and he certainly did, but that doesn't explain how everything else fell apart. This looked like the line from 3 years ago. 

 

Lines are unit, you take one guy off and it changes everything.  It just tells me how important AC is to the unit.  Anyone remember Nelson’s rookie year when AC was out at the start of the season the line struggled until he came back and then they took off.  AC is the most underrated Colt and has been for a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Lines are unit, you take one guy off and it changes everything.  It just tells me how important AC is to the unit.  Anyone remember Nelson’s rookie year when AC was out at the start of the season the line struggled until he came back and then they took off.  AC is the most underrated Colt and has been for a long time.

Yup. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Colt said:

If the Colts can't protect Rivers (a human statue)any better than yesterday regardless of who is playing up front put Brissett in. In the meantime root for Buffalo vs. TN  

when you have two qbs you have none

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I think Eason will be good. 

Colts fans are star struck with QBs like Manning & Luck going back to even Unitas and we don't like to settle for anything less but less is what is being put on our plates.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Colts fans are star struck with QBs like Manning & Luck going back to even Unitas and we don't like to settle for anything less but less is what is being put on our plates.

i like eason for eason.

 

not manning or luck.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AustinnKaine said:

i like eason for eason.

 

not manning or luck.

They set the bar and set it too high for anyone else to clear as we have witnessed since Luck said "no thanks, no more."

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, KB said:

A tackle should of been taken this draft to at least groom. I hope we draft a stud next year to replace him. Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

 

We probably don't have a realistic shot at drafting Oregon OT Penei Sewell.  Barring something unforeseen, he'll go in the top 3 or 4 picks.  But his video highlights are a sight to behold.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is definitely on Frank, not scheming to help Clark more often. Too many 1-on-1 plays for Myles Garrett with an immobile QB. I can understand if it is just the first quarter they did that. They continued to do that without helping enough, that is on coaching.

 

The first job of coaching is to maximize strengths and minimize a weaknesses. Rivers' mobility is a weakness, our edge rush is a weakness, and our LT not being there was a weakness to be adjusted to as well, in addition to the Hines down the middle and not using TEs enough against a weak TE defense in the offensive play calling while playing soft zones in the defensive play calling.

 

Eberflus adjusted in the second half but nothing was done on the offensive side to mitigate things. That is where the game was lost overall. Good teams make adjustments at least at half time. There were many games in the Peyton era where it was a stalemate or a deficit going into half time and in the 3rd quarter we came out swinging with adjustments on both sides. So people should stop acting like our teams in the past have not had bad first halves. Just that the make up of this current team does not afford anything but a front runner role for our offense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • By now most should realize the Colts prefer to retain their own as much as possible.  The defense is much improved with the signing in place but always room for improvement at key positions.  Below is my FA/resign list have already put together mid-season.   Colts FA ~58m: QB Jacoby Brissett 21.3 WR T.Y. Hilton 14.5 TE Jack Doyle 8.5 RDE Denico Autry 5.7 ILB Anthony Walker 2.2 S Tavon Wilson 750k DB Tremon Smith 750k (keeper?) WR Marcus Johnson 582k (practice squad) S Malik Hooker 4m WR Ashton Dulin 542k   Resign ~ 90m QB Philip Rivers 26.3m (probably will drop) DE Justin Houston 11m (3-4 good years left like Mathis and Freeny) DB Xavier Rhodes 8m RG Mark Glowinski 6.9 (improved game this year) RDT Grover Stewart 7.5m (most improved player on defense) DE Al-Quadin Muhammad 3m OL Le’Raven Clark 1.2m DB T.J. Carrie 1.2m (special teamer) TE Trey Burton 4.5m S George Odum 1.25 TE Mo Alie-Cox (RFA) – 6.25m DT Taylor Stallworth 1m (otc hit 4.8m in 1 game) LT Chaz Green 850k (special teams) WR Zach Pascal 7m RB Marlon Mack 4m (when healthy proved to be lead back) C Joey Hunt 300k RG Jake Eldrenkamp 200k (special teamer) Edge Cassius Marsh 250k (special teamer) TE Farrod Green 200k (practice squad) S Ibraheim Campbell 200k (special teamer)
    • Originally was thinking we would be closer to 100 mil in cap space but sounds more like 75 mil.  Kind of why for this example only budgeted ~40 mil for FAs after calculating ~95 mil to resign players while leaving a minimum of 20 mil to sign draftees.  This should still allow discretionary cap space for the Club to do as needed short-term.
    • I still have Patrick Jones II at the top of my early 2021 NFL Draft Board.  Would be happy to acquire either Weaver or Jones.  Other top names have seen but truthfully haven't been impressed with them as have been with these two players at RDE.
    • No one gets stoned anymore in civilized societies!   Wait, that didn't sound right...
    • We will need to hire a crime scene cleaning company to extract all the Titans' blood from the field turf at Lucas Oil Stadium
  • Members

    • Coltpwr

      Coltpwr 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Jared Cisneros

      Jared Cisneros 5,762

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fluke_33

      Fluke_33 2,065

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Behle

      Behle 47

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • OhioColt

      OhioColt 75

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • TheEdgeis1

      TheEdgeis1 46

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nickster

      Nickster 597

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • FanFromtheWasteland

      FanFromtheWasteland 695

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nate!

      Nate! 174

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ScotColt

      ScotColt 109

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...