Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anthony Castonzo

JediXMan

5 minutes ago, KB said:

A tackle should of been taken this draft to at least groom. I hope we draft a stud next year to replace him. Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

We’ll for sure be getting a tackle next season. Again Nelson has had to help AC for the past 4 games. If it’s not giving him an extra push on the back or coming off his assignment to pickup AC’s. 

8 minutes ago, KB said:

A tackle should of been taken this draft to at least groom. I hope we draft a stud next year to replace him. Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

You can’t force it.  I mean you are probably going to get a starting left tackle in the first three rounds for the most part.  Look at what the Colts used those picks on and tell me what you would have given up?

1.  Buckner

2.  Pittman

3.  Taylor

4.  Blackmon.

Three of them are some of the best players on the roster right now.  

Also, I am not sure if one was there when the Colts picked to warrant the draft pick.

Yes it puts them in a bit of a hole at LT but they would also be in a major hole at one of the other positions had they taken a LT over one of the other guys too.

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

You can’t force it.  I mean you are probably going to get a starting left tackle in the first three rounds for the most part.  Look at what the Colts used those picks on and tell me what you would have given up?

1.  Buckner

2.  Pittman

3.  Taylor

4.  Blackmon.

Three of them are some of the best players on the roster right now.  

Also, I am not sure if one was there when the Colts picked to warrant the draft pick.

Yes it puts them in a bit of a hole at LT but they would also be in a major hole at one of the other positions had they taken a LT over one of the other guys too.

I'm with you that there might not of been one. At this point I would of taken a LT over Pittman. Hind sight is 20/20 and he was the right pick at the time. Thats not a total knock on him. He will take some time to develop and hopefully become a good WR, but even before the injury he wasn't what we needed.

30 minutes ago, a06cc said:

No he’s been struggling this season. We didn’t lose because he was out today. Philip cost us this game today.

AC really hasnt been good this year, pff gave him a 63 which is backup caliber

hes only given up one sack and one penalty but i remember more than one play where he was beat and either nelson helped him or phil got the ball out anyway 

3 minutes ago, KB said:

I'm with you that there might not of been one. At this point I would of taken a LT over Pittman. Hind sight is 20/20 and he was the right pick at the time. Thats not a total knock on him. He will take some time to develop and hopefully become a good WR, but even before the injury he wasn't what we needed.

I think Pittman is unknown right now we just haven’t seen enough of him to say if they should have drafted him or not.  I mean right now it’s easy to say they should have claypool over Pittman but let’s not kid ourselves the Colts needed another WR.  That’s part of the struggles with the Colts offense.  Thanks to injuries to Pittman and Campbell they just don’t have the playmakers they need at WR.

1 hour ago, KB said:

Our good oline crumbled fast without him.

This was really, really disturbing. We knew Clark was going to struggle, and he certainly did, but that doesn't explain how everything else fell apart. This looked like the line from 3 years ago. 

12 minutes ago, ColtV said:

This was really, really disturbing. We knew Clark was going to struggle, and he certainly did, but that doesn't explain how everything else fell apart. This looked like the line from 3 years ago. 

Lines are unit, you take one guy off and it changes everything.  It just tells me how important AC is to the unit.  Anyone remember Nelson’s rookie year when AC was out at the start of the season the line struggled until he came back and then they took off.  AC is the most underrated Colt and has been for a long time.

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Lines are unit, you take one guy off and it changes everything.  It just tells me how important AC is to the unit.  Anyone remember Nelson’s rookie year when AC was out at the start of the season the line struggled until he came back and then they took off.  AC is the most underrated Colt and has been for a long time.

Yup. 

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

If the Colts can't protect Rivers (a human statue)any better than yesterday regardless of who is playing up front put Brissett in. In the meantime root for Buffalo vs. TN  

when you have two qbs you have none

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Colts fans are star struck with QBs like Manning & Luck going back to even Unitas and we don't like to settle for anything less but less is what is being put on our plates.

i like eason for eason.

not manning or luck.

15 hours ago, KB said:

We probably don't have a realistic shot at drafting Oregon OT Penei Sewell.  Barring something unforeseen, he'll go in the top 3 or 4 picks.  But his video highlights are a sight to behold.

It is definitely on Frank, not scheming to help Clark more often. Too many 1-on-1 plays for Myles Garrett with an immobile QB. I can understand if it is just the first quarter they did that. They continued to do that without helping enough, that is on coaching.

The first job of coaching is to maximize strengths and minimize a weaknesses. Rivers' mobility is a weakness, our edge rush is a weakness, and our LT not being there was a weakness to be adjusted to as well, in addition to the Hines down the middle and not using TEs enough against a weak TE defense in the offensive play calling while playing soft zones in the defensive play calling.

Eberflus adjusted in the second half but nothing was done on the offensive side to mitigate things. That is where the game was lost overall. Good teams make adjustments at least at half time. There were many games in the Peyton era where it was a stalemate or a deficit going into half time and in the 3rd quarter we came out swinging with adjustments on both sides. So people should stop acting like our teams in the past have not had bad first halves. Just that the make up of this current team does not afford anything but a front runner role for our offense.

Archived