Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This game was tough to watch in all aspects. 

The biggest aspect that everyone needs to remember though is one loss doesn’t make or break the entire season. 

Keep your head up and start focusing on next week and for goodness sake stop acting like a bunch of debbie downers all the time.

I cant even begin to count how many times posters said trade rivers in the GameDay Thread... it is atrocious behavior!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

The biggest aspect that everyone needs to remember though is one loss doesn’t make or break the entire season. 

Keep your head up and start focusing on next week and for goodness sake stop acting like a bunch of debbie downers all the time.

I cant even begin to count how many times posters said trade rivers in the GameDay Thread... it is atrocious behavior!

Rivers is the problem. More ints than tds

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Offense has to score touchdowns. We keep coming up short in red zone. It is also tough to have offense give up 9 points today. Defense  was poor in 1st half. Played well in 2nd half except on 3rd and 9 when we needed to stop Browns in last 2:30

minutes.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

TRADE RIVERS

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Trade Rivers???? Who would want him? Why can’t we throw a pass farther than 10 yards ? ???

Our pass offense is a little better than last year but not anywhere near the level we want it to be. Reality is we have a below average QB and a banged up WR core. We are one injury away (TY) and our pass offense will be in dire straits. Rivers doesn't look like he has the arm strength to throw outside the numbers effectively either.

Just now, bravo4460 said:

A little overreaction:

Let Eason play some football. If anything he gives us a chance with his arm strength. Can’t do much worse than average 2 ints a game.

Eason will have his day in the sun

Not this year

If you followed PR through the years, what he did this game emphasizes what his issues were his whole career. Smart guy, good arm and accurate, but he will make knucklehead plays that will lose you the game. He did this tonight.

Our Offense as constructed must be a run first offense with Rivers managing in order to be at our best. Rivers cant make the comebacks from his mistakes like he did before...

Some perspective:  The Jets, Giants, Falcons, Lions, Vikings, Chargers, Broncos would all like to trade places with us.

We didn't have AC.  We didn't have a lot of our skill players.  Our QB is 38, immobile, and his throws are inaccurate and have no zip.  I wasn't surprised with today's outcome.  But I still think we're going to win more than we lose.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, John Hammonds said:

Some perspective:  The Jets, Giants, Falcons, Lions, Vikings, Chargers, Broncos would all like to trade places with us.

We didn't have AC.  We didn't have a lot of our skill players.  Our QB is 38, immobile, and his throws are inaccurate and have no zip.  I wasn't surprised with today's outcome.  But I still think we're going to win more than we lose.

I predicted 9 - 7 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Unfortunately if the colts decided to bench Rivers it will be Brissett taking his place. 

Brissett  was better  in redzone  at least

6 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Cut rivers start eason

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if we cut rivers right now no one would even pick him up .  he would be forced to retire the cowboys who lost dak would not even call.

The sad thing is you only come out when bad things happen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Rivers being a season Veteran couldn't cut it.  He was responsible for 9 points for the other team.....He can't throw the distance, I think it's time to put Brissett, can't do any worse now... Better yet, let's put Eason in and see what he can do...This game was winnable.

1 minute ago, Thunderbolt said:

Rivers being a season Veteran couldn't cut it.  He was responsible for 9 points for the other team.....He can't throw the distance, I think it's time to put Brissett, can't do any worse now... Better yet, let's put Eason in and see what he can do...This game was winnable.

Technically any game is winnable 

Who thought we were a SB team because of Rivers? Lol.

Most normal fans are/were hoping for a responsible game manager. Philip is those things when he doesn't try to be a hero.

But some it seems had some lofty aspirations for a SB this year.

1 minute ago, Samu-Rye said:

I still believe Rivers should never have been here. Wasting prime years of Colts talent on him is a shame. I think it would be better to have a chance with Jacoby,than failing with Rivers.

We've seen what Jacoby can do and he just isn't good enough. I'd rather throw Eason in there if we aren't going with Rivers.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, IinD said:

Who thought we were a SB team because of Rivers? Lol.

Most normal fans are/were hoping for a responsible game manager. Philip is those things when he doesn't try to be a hero.

But some it seems had some lofty aspirations for a SB this year.

I thought we were a wildcard team 

9 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

if we cut rivers right now no one would even pick him up .  he would be forced to retire the cowboys who lost dak would not even call.

Of course not...they have the Red Rifle!

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Samu-Rye said:

I still believe Rivers should never have been here. Wasting prime years of Colts talent on him is a shame. I think it would be better to have a chance with Jacoby,than failing with Rivers.

rather we got tom brady then rivers.

I thought we were a wildcard team 

That's my logic as well. I'd be happy with a playoff season. Rivers is just buying us some time, but he can't be this guy every week (launching it trying to make something happen) or we'll sink real quick.

Like Magic Johnson said after a 20 point playoff loss to the Bulls, whether you lose by 2 or lose by 20, it is still one loss. Thankfully it is not a division loss.

Out of the Bears, Browns, Lions, Bengals, the Browns OL will probably be the best one we face, IMO. The way our D played gives me hope. However, we need our offensive playmakers back or start getting more creative on offense. Otherwise, we will not get enough ROI on the investment on Rivers that we made by the time our bye week comes around.

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

The sad thing is you only come out when bad things happen 

i comment every single week for the last almost 9 years .   i commented all last week only positive things the week before and the week before that .  prove it look through my comments and prove i only come out when bad things happen

1 minute ago, coming on strong said:

i comment every single week for the last almost 9 years .   i commented all last week only positive things the week before and the week before that .  prove it look through my comments and prove i only come out when bad things happen

I'll rehash my comment then.

But you have the tendency to overreact

33 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Rivers is the problem. More ints than tds

He's ONE OF THE PROBLEMS. 

Also the worst WR groups in the league despite the resources that was spent to address them.

Frank Reich's game planning/playcalling and coaching.

Soft zone philosophy. 

Our OL which was considered our strength, is playing below expectations. 

• Like 6

I'll rehash my comment then.

But you have the tendency to overreact

calling the game as it happens is not over reacting .  when the  colts play good i give them credit , when they play bad i say they play bad .       i never liked the rivers pick since it happened .  i still think the defense is better then last year i just think going against a good offense showed they have flaws .   You just get a little over emotional when people say anything bad about the colts . not just you but many poster on here take in personal when any one says anything negative about the colts .   the whole point of a forum is to talk about the good bad and ugly .  I just never understood the sun shine and rainbow crowd .   i never called for anyone to get benched over one game but after 5 games of playing bad you have to wonder if bringing in rivers was a bad call.

• Like 2

We always over react after a loss. The issues that r apparent to me r. Rivers is what he is. We r getting thr qb that the Chargers decided to jettison and not a resurgent player that many hoped we would get. We need game changers at the receiver postion. I cannot say this enough. Eberflus is garbage and a timid coordinator. We lost the game in the 1st half. 

• Like 3