Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Overrated d

Patrick Miller

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree.  The Browns are young, dynamic, up and coming, have a top 5 offensive line in football, leading sack leader in Garrett. 

Prior to the game today, Clev, has scored 30 plus points in three previous games.

Old man Rivers costed the Colts 8 points. 9 if you include the extra point. 

The defense gave up 23 points against a good offense. Got 2 turnovers. Only conceded 3 points in the second half, and that was at the death. 

Look they played poorly in the first half, but as a whole, they are a good unit. Are they elite? Probably not, but we have a good defense.

I think we need to add an extra pass rusher to complement Buckner and Houston. 

We missed Turay's pass rush today. Very badly. Muhammad showed it was speed rushers that would beat those tackles. Houston and Autry are more power guys.

Just now, Jaredfor3 said:

I disagree.  The Browns are young, dynamic, up and coming, have a top 5 offensive line in football, leading sack leader in Garrett. 

Prior to the game today, Clev, has scored 30 plus points in previous games,

Old man Rivers costed the Colts 8 points. 9 if you include the extra point. 

That is what we lost by so I blame rivers

Just now, KB said:

The defense kept us in the game. This was all Rivers. 9 point loss that Rivers gave them.

Let’s not forget the first half the defense gave up long drives for scores on all three drives.  I’ll say the defense adjusted and played much better in the second half but still at the end of the game even with the mistakes from Rivers, which can’t be over looked but that’s not the subject of this thread, the defense gave up two back breaking runs including one on 3rd and long when you knew the run was coming.  The defense can not be given a pass.  They made some costly mistakes today as well.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

There play in the first half was poor. They were repeatedly beat by the same play design. They adjusted the 2nd half and kept us in the game.

Flus needs to get rid of the passive zone defense. It does us no good ever

Yes, I fully agree with that.  When the Colts defense plays aggressive they make plays like they did In the second half.  Unfortunately the 10 points they were down at half and the Rivers mistakes were too much to over come even when the defense showed up in the second half.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Let’s not forget the first half the defense gave up long drives for scores on all three drives.  I’ll say the defense adjusted and played much better in the second half but still at the end of the game even with the mistakes from Rivers, which can’t be over looked but that’s not the subject of this thread, the defense gave up two back breaking runs including one on 3rd and long when you knew the run was coming.  The defense can not be given a pass.  They made some costly mistakes today as well.

While I agree that they gave up the big runs, especially the one at the end, they kept us in the game. They held them to 3 points in the second half. Mistakes happen but this loss isn't on them.

Just now, KB said:

While I agree that they gave up the big runs, especially the one at the end, they kept us in the game. They held them to 3 points in the second half. Mistakes happen but this loss isn't on them.

They were also why they Colts were down 10 at the half.  Yes Rivers was awful, especially in the second half, but to just put the game all on him is over looking the mistakes the defense made.  That’s why coaches don’t just say it was all this or that’s fault.  You have to look at everything.  It’s very rarely just one player that costs you a game.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

They were also why they Colts were down 10 at the half.  Yes Rivers was awful, especially in the second half, but to just put the game all on him is over looking the mistakes the defense made.  That’s why coaches don’t just say it was all this or that’s fault.  You have to look at everything.  It’s very rarely just one player that costs you a game.

Like I said, mistakes happen and no teamz offense or defence plays perfect all season. Even the best defences have given up bad halves. Second half adjustments were made and they played well.

I get that the game isn't just Rivers fault, but he was the worst part of the team. 

4 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

No it wasn’t and I am not going to defend Rivers.  More than one thing can not play well in a game.

Yes the O line was horrendous, but he was literally terrible, giving the Browns 9 points in the second half and costing us the game. He also had more throws that could have easily been picks or pick sixes. He threw to guys that were somewhat open and the throw was so bad the receiver was now covered. And his decision making was one of the worst I've ever seen(and I've watched Andrew Luck for 6 years). He's a big problem and will never be able to make a comeback win or a game winning drive.

I'm still confident in the team(mainly the defense), but I don't see us winning 10 games with Rivers at the helm. We'll probably squeak as a 6th or 7th  seed at 9-7 because the jags and Texans are so bad. 

Why did Hines catch those punts inside the ten ? Possession before we constantly run the ball. Hines catches the punt inside the ten!! What do we do, first play, Rivers takes a deep drop and gives up a safety!!!! Brilliant!!! I wish Kelly was the Qb, at least he would throw the ball more than ten yards down the field and if necessary he would run!!!!

13 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

The defense gave up 23 points against a good offense. Got 2 turnovers. Only conceded 3 points in the second half, and that was at the death. 

Look they played poorly in the first half, but as a whole, they are a good unit. Are they elite? Probably not, but we have a good defense.

I think we need to add an extra pass rusher to complement Buckner and Houston. 

We missed Turay's pass rush today. Very badly. Muhammad showed it was speed rushers that would beat those tackles. Houston and Autry are more power guys.

^^^Post of the thread.

Against a top 2 or 3 OL in the league, I will take this performance if the other side can hold its weight, which it did not.

The best thing about this year is Eberflus' adjustments have been swift. He doesn't wait 2 or 3 games, not even 2 or 3 quarters before he makes adjustments quickly. The offense, however, has left my head scratching. Hines down the middle, not chipping against Myles Garrett, the offensive play calling is more offensive even with the limited arsenal we had plus the QB's decision making was horrendous.

If you want to be objective, the D like you said is not elite but clearly a Top 10 D good enough to keep us in games. Peyton or Luck, for all your recollection did not win all their games by double digits, but when it mattered, they seized on a Mathis or Freeney turnover, and made it count. This offense showed us today it is incapable of cashing in.

Archived