Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys may have just entered the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

... Dak was just carted off the field and he was in tears. It looked like a lower leg or probably knee injury. Don't  want to speculate. 

Wish Dak a healthy & speedy recovery.  

Dalton is their backup, I think, so he's  not too bad, a proven veteran. 

Dak's ankle looked nasty! I hate to see those kinds of injuries happen to good, talented players.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak has a serious compound fracture and dislocation in his ankle.  No question they tried to reduce the dislocation and fractured bones (on video, even Dak tried to do it, unsuccessfully) and stabilize it for transporting him to the hospital and receive surgical repair ASAP.

 

I hope there was no vascular or nerve damage that goes along with the broken bones. No matter what, the rehab road is long and gruesome. Good luck to him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dak has a serious compound fracture and dislocation in his ankle.  No question they tried to reduce the dislocation and fractured bones and stabilize it for transporting him to the hospital and receive surgical repair ASAP.

 

I hope there was no vascular or nerve damage that goes along with the broken bones. No matter what, the rehab road is long and gruesome. Good luck to him.

If Dak is going to make it back to start week one in 2021,  he’s got 9 1/2 months until August 1st.   The surgery is this week.   Maybe last night?   Maybe Monday?    But the click for next year us already ticking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here is the current draft order if it were to happen today.  Dallas is 19th.  Colts 18th.   

 

1 -NY Giants 0-5

2 -Atlanta 0-5

3 -NY Jets 0-5

4 -Washington 1-4 

5 -Minnesota 1-4 

6 -Jacksonville 1-4

7 -Houston 1-4 (goes to Miami)

8 -LA Chargers 1-3

9 -Detroit 1-3 

10 -Denver 1-3

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If Dak is going to make it back to start week one in 2021,  he’s got 9 1/2 months until August 1st.   The surgery is this week.   Maybe last night?   Maybe Monday?    But the click for next year us already ticking. 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak's ankle injury looked absolutely terrible. I feel bad for him because he's a great dude. Andy Dalton will win a few more games for them so they're out of reach for Lawrence in my opinion.

 

Jets, Giants, Washington and possibly Denver could be in line for Lawrence. Maybe even Atlanta if they can trade Matt Ryan.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

... Dak was just carted off the field and he was in tears. It looked like a lower leg or probably knee injury. Don't  want to speculate. 

Wish Dak a healthy & speedy recovery.  

Dalton is their backup, I think, so he's  not too bad, a proven veteran. 

Honestly, I think they will be a better team. Dak is in a contract year and no doubt their  had to be some selfishness on his part to pad his stats. Now , they can committ to the run and use their best player; Elliot. It will allso protect their defence.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Dak's ankle injury looked absolutely terrible. I feel bad for him because he's a great dude. Andy Dalton will win a few more games for them so they're out of reach for Lawrence in my opinion.

 

Jets, Giants, Washington and possibly Denver could be in line for Lawrence. Maybe even Atlanta if they can trade Matt Ryan.

 

As long as it is not the Jags.  They are right there in the hunt.  Tenn and Houston need to take one for the division like we did and lose to the Jags.

 

1 -NY Giants 0-5

2 -Atlanta 0-5

3 -NY Jets 0-5

4 -Washington 1-4 

5 -Minnesota 1-4 

6 -Jacksonville 1-4

7 -Houston 1-4 (goes to Miami)

8 -LA Chargers 1-3

9 -Detroit 1-3 

10 -Denver 1-3

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dalton behind their line and with their WR's will have a nice strong run and improve his stock enough to get a nice contract next year. he bet on himself and went to a better team as a backup with hope to get a shot then start for a lesser team. He now has plenty of time to show his wares. Jets are bad with Bell back they likely win a couple games. Giants could well get the pick but cant see Lawrence being in play if they get #1 pick, Atlanta has too much wr talent to not be above both those clubs at the end of the day.  Chargers best 1-4 team Ive seen in a long time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

. Giants could well get the pick but cant see Lawrence being in play if they get #1 pick

i think he would have to be in play, party because i dont see an astronomical trade happening this year.  too risky to give up that much

 

my useless prediction is whoever gets #1 keeps it and drafts TL, even Atlanta.  i think its  no brainier pick for the giants, jets, and Washington but they wont sell the farm to move up

 

he may not declare though 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Myles said:

As long as it is not the Jags.  They are right there in the hunt.  Tenn and Houston need to take one for the division like we did and lose to the Jags.

 

1 -NY Giants 0-5

2 -Atlanta 0-5

3 -NY Jets 0-5

4 -Washington 1-4 

5 -Minnesota 1-4 

6 -Jacksonville 1-4

7 -Houston 1-4 (goes to Miami)

8 -LA Chargers 1-3

9 -Detroit 1-3 

10 -Denver 1-3

 

Yeah, I could see the Jags beating us again. lol. So that would hopefully put them out of reach too. I think Washington makes a strong case for him since they are obviously done with who they have at QB. And Alex Smith is just a feel good story for the year. Good to see him back out there after his injury but they can't rely on him at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

 

Yeah, I could see the Jags beating us again. lol. So that would hopefully put them out of reach too. I think Washington makes a strong case for him since they are obviously done with who they have at QB. And Alex Smith is just a feel good story for the year. Good to see him back out there after his injury but they can't rely on him at all.

 

If I am the Colts, if they do not bring back Rivers in 2021, go with Eason and see if you can sign Alex Smith for a backup. WFT has an out in 2021 for his contract and might let him go:

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-football-team/alex-smith-3337/

 

Let us at least see what we have with what I would call is an upgraded backup over JB in Alex Smith if I had to choose one in the off season.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chad72 said:

 

If I am the Colts, if they do not bring back Rivers in 2021, go with Eason and see if you can sign Alex Smith for a backup. WFT has an out in 2021 for his contract and might let him go:

 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-football-team/alex-smith-3337/

 

Let us at least see what we have with what I would call is an upgraded backup over JB in Alex Smith if I had to choose one in the off season.

Yeah, he is a good guy too.  

 

I would also go after Rosen as a backup or practice squad guy.  He's currently on the Tampa PS.  

He's just a couple years removed from being what many said was the best QB in the draft.   Went to a crappy Arizona team then to a crappy Miami team.   I'm not saying he will be good, but if he has a chip on his shoulder he may be a good back up QB with future starting potential.   Only if he can be had for cheap, of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yeah, he is a good guy too.  

 

I would also go after Rosen as a backup or practice squad guy.  He's currently on the Tampa PS.  

He's just a couple years removed from being what many said was the best QB in the draft.   Went to a crappy Arizona team then to a crappy Miami team.   I'm not saying he will be good, but if he has a chip on his shoulder he may be a good back up QB with future starting potential.   Only if he can be had for cheap, of course.

 

Alex Smith went through several OCs in his career, like Andrew Luck did early on, before having his best year with Andy Reid. That is why he is an excellent candidate for a backup QB, IMO. Whatever you pay, you know you will get a professional with a high aptitude level that can understand an offense well because he has been through several of them. That is the kind of guy I want backing us up, just like with Matt Hasselback.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Giants are all in with Daniel Jones, unless he totally collapses they arent going to have two young top 10 drafted QB's battling it out. I dont think a trade for the top pick any less likely then any other year. Now Atlanta with an aging Matty Ice yes, Jets and Darnold being a mess yes for sure, Wash yes, Minnesota with Cousins again yes, Jags def yes Minshew a great story not a franchise qb though, Detroit yes, Chargers a big no Herbert is for real.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, the teams that are in desperate need of a QB are the Jets, Giants, Skins, and us. I’m sure someone unexpected will try to reach for Lawrence, but I think it’s a three-way race between the two NY teams and Washington for Lawrence...maybe the Jags too, if they get tired of Minshew

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

Giants are all in with Daniel Jones

that would be like the colts passing on Luck to stick with painter.  Jones isnt even a top 25 QB, they wont give up an Andrew luck like prospect for that

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

that would be like the colts passing on Luck to stick with painter.  Jones isnt even a top 25 QB, they wont give up an Andrew luck like prospect for that

 

 

There was several people that thought the Colts should take RG3 but glad they didn't 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jones was picked #6 overall just last year while painter was pick 201...lol   Jones threw 24 tds vs only 12 ints as a rookie for a Giants team with a bad O line and banged up WR's...Painter 6 career tds vs 13 ints for his career....Jones compl % 61% while Painter is 51%...there is nothing Jones and Painter have in common...apples vs rotten oranges....lol

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Giants are all in with Daniel Jones, unless he totally collapses they arent going to have two young top 10 drafted QB's battling it out. I dont think a trade for the top pick any less likely then any other year. Now Atlanta with an aging Matty Ice yes, Jets and Darnold being a mess yes for sure, Wash yes, Minnesota with Cousins again yes, Jags def yes Minshew a great story not a franchise qb though, Detroit yes, Chargers a big no Herbert is for real.

I agree that the Giants are sticking with Jones. They will trade out their pick for more picks IMO.

I don't think the Vikings can afford to do anything with Cousins but play him. I don't think another team will take on that contract. 

As far as Minshew the Jags do think he is a franchise QB. Jags losing games is not on Minshew. 

In 16 games he has 3,987 yds, 26 tds, 8 picks and a rating of 93. 

For a 1st year QB those are great numbers. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 7:25 AM, pgt_rob said:

Dak's ankle injury looked absolutely terrible. I feel bad for him because he's a great dude. Andy Dalton will win a few more games for them so they're out of reach for Lawrence in my opinion.

 

Jets, Giants, Washington and possibly Denver could be in line for Lawrence. Maybe even Atlanta if they can trade Matt Ryan.

 

 

Atlanta 2021 cap hit looks to me to be  44 million if they trade Ryan. So I think the question isn't "if" they can trade him . Another team would have him for 2 years at around 40 million total. So it would be a good deal for a team that traded for him.

 Atlanta's cap room for 2021 is 30th out of the 32 teams . They're presently looking at about 20 mill over the cap now. So probably would be tough to field a team if they traded Ryan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dw49 said:

 

Atlanta 2021 cap hit looks to me to be  44 million if they trade Ryan. So I think the question isn't "if" they can trade him . Another team would have him for 2 years at around 40 million total. So it would be a good deal for a team that traded for him.

 Atlanta's cap room for 2021 is 30th out of the 32 teams . They're presently looking at about 20 mill over the cap now. So probably would be tough to field a team if they traded Ryan.

IMO Atlanta will win a few games. I don't know where they will pick but it won't be in the top 3-5. 

 I think the coaching change will help them more than trading Ryan. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jets are *way* too bad to concede the 1st overall pick. They got shutdown to Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins! The Jets are entering into that weird grey area of "could a college team beat them" shenanigans.

 

I feel sorry for Frank Gore on the Jets who has to beat himself up over this sorry excuse of a team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2020 at 1:12 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dak has a serious compound fracture and dislocation in his ankle.  No question they tried to reduce the dislocation and fractured bones (on video, even Dak tried to do it, unsuccessfully) and stabilize it for transporting him to the hospital and receive surgical repair ASAP.

 

I hope there was no vascular or nerve damage that goes along with the broken bones. No matter what, the rehab road is long and gruesome. Good luck to him.

 

If Teddy recovered, Dak should too. Teddy almost lost his leg. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone is beating out the Jets for the #1 pick. That is the only thing the Jets are winning this year. I recall how excited the fanbase was for Darnold. To give up on him now is terrible but Lawrence seems too good to give up. I would not mind my team trading for Darnold. However, he is injured or sick too often. 

 

I hope the Vikes draft a QB. These stopgap QBs are not the answer for us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

 

If Teddy recovered, Dak should too. Teddy almost lost his leg. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

 

Fortunately they had reduced Teddy's knee dislocation quickly, stabilized it, and transported him. That fast action reduced vascular and/or nerve damage so his remarkable recovery was possible.  It's a good story.

 

Dak actually tried to 'self-reduce' his own dislocation / fracture on the field (I saw him bang it on the turf twice) before the refs and med team got there.  I'm not sure Dak was successful, but the medical staff very likely was before stabilizing it and putting on a protective boot/cast before transporting him. Since he was released fairly quickly after his surgery, I feel there is little concern for any nerve/vascular issues. My concern then shifts more toward potential infection(s).  Also, was there an open element to the fracture (not much info out there on that I can find) that increases that possibility. If all goes well, I believe we are looking at 6 - 8 months here.

 

I'll have to check Dr Chao's site(s) and see his input.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Carson Wentz for a $1 doesn't even look appealing.
    • https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/cornerback/   I get what you're saying and tend to agree.  There may be some cuts so the list in the link above may not be 100% complete... but we have a pretty good idea of who is available in FA (another factor is if any of those guys get franchise tagged).     On the list above Xavier Rhodes, most of the guys are 29 or older (the exceptions being Mike Hilton 27, Michael Davis 26 and Mackensie Alexander 28).  So, not exactly a lot of quality 'young' guys out there (as of now anyway).  Several of the guys above Rhodes who are 29 are older also missed time in 2020 to injury (Josh Norman, Richard Sherman, DJ Hayden, Hilton, Alexander, Kevin Johnson, Brian Poole).  Then, Patrick Peterson is same age as Xavier, but he made >$11 mil more than him last year.   Ballard definitely seems to prefer taller guys on the outside CB spots... Hilton at 5'9" doesn't really fit Ballard's prototype... Davis at 6'2" seems to, and Alexander at 5'10" is kind of border line.  Ronald Darby (27) right below Rhodes is 5'11" so another borderline guy.     Obviously, Rhodes will have some ability to test the market... but I doubt he's going to be getting any offers which are significantly more than what we paid him last year.     Rhodes has familiarity with our DB coach from prior to Indy.  He fits our scheme well.  He played well here in 2020 and we likely won't have to break the bank on him.  I don't know we'll find a better option in FA based on who is available now.   CB is definitely a position where we need help (especially if we lose Rhodes)... but we also need to do something to address the QB issue, the OT void left by AC's retirement, overall OL depth, and DL (especially with Houston and Autry both being FAs and both being on the wrong side of 30).  More likely than not, we need to do something to address the WR position and TE position (could be as easy as resigning MAC and Burton).  We only have so many draft picks, and my guess is we'll go OT early... plus, CB is one of the toughest positions to thrive at as a rookie.     Ideally, we'd get younger across the board.. but we probably won't be able to do that... I could be wrong, but my guess it that we'll bring Rhodes back on another short term deal (maybe 2 years this time).    
    • This is awesome  2 of the best ever 
  • Members

    • Iron Colt

      Iron Colt 52

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BillCoslosky87

      BillCoslosky87 1,122

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • danlhart87

      danlhart87 6,067

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • GoColts8818

      GoColts8818 4,257

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 5,922

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IinD

      IinD 2,099

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Hoose

      Hoose 1,025

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfan_canada

      coltsfan_canada 240

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • bsteves

      bsteves 107

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • #12.

      #12. 1,004

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...