Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Browns Game Day Thread, October 11, 2020, 4:25pm

NFLfan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, coming on strong said:

their  on pace for 45 .   every one is gonna jump on calling the defense overrated now.   the defense cant even get one punt in the first half . zero sacks baker has 200 yards passing not even a pressure .

Take a deep breath my friend

I don't think our defense is playing as bad as people are saying, it's been a combination of amazingly lucky catches and no pass rush. We haven't let them run the ball which is their strength and coverage hasn't been bad it's just no coverage can last when the pass rush is nonexistent

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Rivers and passing game is going to be key in this game 

Yup. I think most expected he'd half the play instead of manage this game. Hopefully Reich let's him play early, instead of waiting till it's too late. I don't want come-from-behind-Rivers. 

1 minute ago, John Waylon said:

Rushing 3 and 4 isn’t really doing us any good. 

Though I have to be honest: I’m worried how bad it would get if we scarified coverage to rush more...

They should blitz Oke, because he's been a liability in coverage.

Does Eberflus have any blitzes in his game plan? 

If so, might be a good idea to break them out on some of these obvious passing situations.  

Pass D is a complete disaster right now and I am not going to attribute it solely to injuries

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

"was" is the key word. Has the worst QB rating allowed on the team IIRC. He's never been great vs the run (except on the edge), but his struggles vs the pass this year are a huge head scratcher.

Yea.  I thought his weakness was supposedly to b against the run.

1 minute ago, Zoltan said:

I don't think our defense is playing as bad as people are saying, it's been a combination of amazingly lucky catches and no pass rush. We haven't let them run the ball which is their strength and coverage hasn't been bad it's just no coverage can last when the pass rush is nonexistent

uh huh yes GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

Yup. I think most expected he'd half the play instead of manage this game. Hopefully Reich let's him play early, instead of waiting till it's too late. I don't want come-from-behind-Rivers

They should blitz Oke, because he's been a liability in coverage.

sounds like a dirty movie 

2 minutes ago, SR711 said:

Does Eberflus have any blitzes in his game plan? 

If so, might be a good idea to break them out on some of these obvious passing situations.  

Pass D is a complete disaster right now and I am not going to attribute it solely to injuries

The problem I see with blitzing is where to do it?  Baker's strengthis rolling out.  Seems more likely that a corner blitz should be dialed up to keep some containment.

2 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

pass rush is the most important part of the defense .  getting zero pressures all game is bad defense .  having 3 wide open passing plays on 3 broken coverage is bad defense .   yes some plays have been tight catches but at least 7 were wide open

Archived