Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Buckner possible DPOY

Highest rated interior player through 4 weeks . Getting mentioned as the front runner for DPOY award . 

That first was nothing for the engine that drives the colts defense . 

Looking to be a great trade for Indy

Keep feasting big boy 

• Like 3
36 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Unfortunately unless he makes some game changing splash plays, increases sack numbers or causes turnovers etc, I don’t see him winning it.

Thats stuff is usually what wins awards

Yes, most voters aren't watching every game of every team.  As Colts fans (I assume many of us on here watch every game), we get to see a lot of plays which Buckner disrupts without getting any ticks on the stat sheet.  

DPOY is usually a guy who has (a) a lot of sacks, (b) a lot of tackles, or (c) a lot of interceptions -- or some combination of the 3.  As of right now, Buckner's on pace for 6 sacks, 72 tackles (total) and 4 passes defended.... that's not to say he's not doing an excellent job and playing the role he needs to play to drive this defense... but, outside of the Colts world where we see how valuable he is week in and week out, those numbers are not typically going to gain the attention of the voters.

Eric Kendricks (MIN) is on pace for 180 tackles.

Za'Darius Smith (GB) and Myles Garrett (CLE) are both on pace for 20 sacks.

Pierre Desir (NYJ) and Carlton Davis (TB) are both on pace for 12 INTs. 

I know a lot can change in the last 3/4 of the season, but I have a hard time believing Buckner wins the vote if he and the above players mentioned keep the same pace of the first 1/4 up throughout the last 3/4 of the season.

We are just 4 weeks into the season.    And we really haven't played a good offense yet.

So, as much as I love Buckner,  let's not carried away with awards or anything else at this point.    Not trying to be a killjoy here,  just saying that the season has barely started.    If Buckner dominates during the heart of our schedule, THEN we will have something to talk about.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

We are just 4 weeks into the season.    And we really haven't played a good offense yet.

So, as much as I love Buckner,  let's not carried away with awards or anything else at this point.    Not trying to be a killjoy here,  just saying that the season has barely started.    If Buckner dominates during the heart of our schedule, THEN we will have something to talk about.

No crap.  For the love of all that is holy - I mean seriously - who gives a rat's behind who the front runner is for an award when the season is 1/4 done.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enough with the back and forth, I just removed all the post. Literally 20 post not talking about the topic, taking personal and condescending shots at each other.

You 3 know who you are. Clean it up.

Move this conversation back to Buckner please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m so glad we traded for D Buck over drafting Kinlaw. 

Having watched 2 niner games, sure Kinlaw can develop into a beast, but I don’t think he’ll ever come close to being on Buckners level 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, w87r said:

Enough with the back and forth, I just removed all the post. Laterally 20 post not talking about the topic, taking personal and condescending shots at each other.

You 3 know who you are. Clean it up.

Move this conversation back to Buckner please.

Damn what did I miss (joking) homer simpson doh GIF

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn what did I miss (joking) homer simpson doh GIF

Stuff to make you go

The Simpsons Reaction GIF

Btw, what do you think about Buckner's chances to win DPOY? I think it is too early to discuss any awards.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Btw, what do you think about Buckner's chances to win DPOY?

Long way to go, his presence is definitely noticeable Colts defense is #1 in yards and #1 in scoring(regardless who we played).

If we stay there it will be hard to ignore that come voting time. Im sure his sack numbers will be up by end off year too.

They were just showed the Vikings game were he threw #73. They said who is that Reggie White. 

Im just saying, thats a pretty nice comparison to have.

• Like 2
On 10/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, B~Town said:

Highest rated interior player through 4 weeks . Getting mentioned as the front runner for DPOY award . 

That first was nothing for the engine that drives the colts defense . 

Looking to be a great trade for Indy

Keep feasting big boy 

Oh and the defense still sucks. Ballard said the key to thr D was the 3 techinique. We have one of the best and still dont matter