Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Maniac and AC both ruled OUT for the Browns game


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, jskinnz said:


Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me. Not very clear. 
 

I said they will not move smith

Agreeing with you, but overall, I have a feeling of IDK. I don't really think we know how the coaches view Braden's potential on the left side vs Clark's general ability. If I had to bet though, I'd bet they leave Smith on the right.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Analytics has zero to do with being a fan.   You either are,  or you aren't.     You should have seen the 80s and early 90s teams we fielded.    This team is miles better than any of those teams.   

Most of the media and some in here are picking the Browns so if we win please don't say we beat a weak team lol. If you do you are a hypocrite.    I think going to 2 or 3 games a year of you

I used to let losses bother me. We traveled to both Colts losses to the Pats in the playoffs back in 03 and 04. I thought about the 03 loss in particular for several weeks after the game.    Th

Call me crazy but the more tape I watch I wouldn't  be surprised if this game turned out like the Minnesota game. I don't have much respect for Cleveland on defense and I don't think the Browns offense can do us like Dallas on the ground. I think our Defensive tackles Buckner and Grover Stewart holdup at the point of attack much better. I don't really see any explosive players on that O other than Beckham. Their head coach comes from Minnesota and the way the Browns operate is similar to the same stuff Minnesota does. We've seen it before. I'm going to say it again, if we get any kind of handle on that running game I think its over for them. And that usually the case for these Gary Kubiak clone type offenses. I'm not all that worried.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, krunk said:

Call me crazy but the more tape I watch I wouldn't  be surprised if this game turned out like the Minnesota game. I don't have much respect for Cleveland on defense and I don't think the Browns offense can do us like Dallas on the ground. I think our Defensive tackles Buckner and Grover Stewart holdup at the point of attack much better. I don't really see any explosive players on that O other than Beckham. Their head coach comes from Minnesota and the way the Browns operate is similar to the same stuff Minnesota does. We've seen it before. I'm going to say it again, if we get any kind of handle on that running game I think its over for them. And that usually the case for these Gary Kubiak clone type offenses. I'm not all that worried.

lets go ok GIF by Bubble Punk

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krunk said:

Call me crazy but the more tape I watch I wouldn't  be surprised if this game turned out like the Minnesota game. I don't have much respect for Cleveland on defense and I don't think the Browns offense can do us like Dallas on the ground. I think our Defensive tackles Buckner and Grover Stewart holdup at the point of attack much better. I don't really see any explosive players on that O other than Beckham. Their head coach comes from Minnesota and the way the Browns operate is similar to the same stuff Minnesota does. We've seen it before. I'm going to say it again, if we get any kind of handle on that running game I think its over for them. And that usually the case for these Gary Kubiak clone type offenses. I'm not all that worried.

Cleveland on O though is very different than MN IMO. Not really afraid of their D. What worries me most is their efficiency in the RZ on O.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Cleveland on O though is very different than MN IMO. Not really afraid of their D. What worries me most is their efficiency in the RZ on O.

I don't think their O is very different. It's based on similar concepts as Minnesota in my opinion.

Same stuff in terms of a dependence on the cut blocking zone running schemes and play action passing.

They want to control the game with their running game like all those Mike Shanahan disciples do.  Shanahan

and Gary Kubiak is what I see when I watch the Browns. 

 

The difference is the Browns have a better offensive line than the Vikings and they have 2 really good backs(1 now with the Chubb injury).  For the Vikes Cook and Mattison aint that bad though.  The other difference is Odell Beckham is a way better athelete than Adam Thielen.  But still just like the Vikes he's really their only standout WR on offense.  Also I think the Browns have 2 good atheletes at Tight End in Njoku and Hooper but I don't think they are game wreckers.  I think Mayfield and Cousins are similar guys except Mayfield can run around a little bit more. 

 

With the Browns I very much think if you control their running game it will frustrate them.  Mayfield to me doesn't look as good playing out of the shotgun as compared to when he's got the aid of the playaction pass.  He'll eat you up when he gets rolling with that stuff.  You get things to where he's primarily forced to be a shotgun passer and that's where you can pick the ball off and sack him. 

 

We've got the guys to shutdown that running game.  And if that happens I don't think they'll be in the red zone all that much to begin with.  I think it'll be similar to the Vikings game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts Passing game this week when it comes to blocking I wouldnt be surprised to see us 

sprinkle in some of what Pittsburgh used to do to us when Pagano was here.  The Steelers would

always go max protection against us and we could never get any pass rush.  I don't think the Browns

have that great of a pass rush without Miles Garrett.  If you can get him slowed down with some chips

and double teams then Phil can sit back comfortably and pick them apart. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Im doing a gut feel here about the Browns run defense.  They say their run defense is good, but after watching

that secondary get ripped apart I wonder how many teams actually spend time trying to run against them?  I mean

why try to spend time running when they are giving it up through the air?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, krunk said:

Call me crazy but the more tape I watch I wouldn't  be surprised if this game turned out like the Minnesota game. I don't have much respect for Cleveland on defense and I don't think the Browns offense can do us like Dallas on the ground. I think our Defensive tackles Buckner and Grover Stewart holdup at the point of attack much better. I don't really see any explosive players on that O other than Beckham. Their head coach comes from Minnesota and the way the Browns operate is similar to the same stuff Minnesota does. We've seen it before. I'm going to say it again, if we get any kind of handle on that running game I think its over for them. And that usually the case for these Gary Kubiak clone type offenses. I'm not all that worried.

i agree the browns passing game is ranked 32 out of 32 teams .  baker is a bust and only is a one read QB , and he is slow going through his progressions .    the only threat is their running game which is overrated based on who they  played .  i watched tape of the dallas game over half of their big runs could of been stopped behind the line of scrimmage , but a missed tackle happened .  dallas had a lack of effort , bad tackling and horrible coaching .   The browns defense is only myles garret and one good corner .   They have nothing but a good run game .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/9/2020 at 5:16 PM, Jared Cisneros said:

It has to do with the difference of being a casual fan and a hardcore fan.  

A hardcore fan is a fan who supports their team by buying season tickets and supporting them thru the good times and the bad times. Analytics and fandom are not synonymous. One is more nerdy than the other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

A hardcore fan is a fan who supports their team by buying season tickets and supporting them thru the good times and the bad times. Analytics and fandom are not synonymous. One is more nerdy than the other.

I agree with some of that but just because you don't buy season tickets doesn't mean you are not a hardcore fan. A hardcore fan to me is when if your team loses and it bothers you for 2 or 3 days or ruins your week. I used to go to 2 or 3 games a year myself but if I never went to any I know I am hardcore. A casual or novice fan gets over a loss within hours and watches just for entertainment, JMO. I have been around both sides of it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2020 at 11:03 AM, crazycolt1 said:

Luck did not have one foot out the door. He stepped both feet out.

Luck just came off his best season so the relation makes no sense. 

 

On 10/10/2020 at 10:48 AM, coming on strong said:

correct like luck ac seems to have one foot out the door.  It seems like its a factor in his playing going downhill as well

 

Wasn't it more like Luck had one "calf" out the door?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree with some of that but just because you don't buy season tickets doesn't mean you are not a hardcore fan. A hardcore fan to me is when if your team loses and it bothers you for 2 or 3 days or ruins your week. I used to go to 2 or 3 games a year myself but if I never went to any I know I am hardcore. A casual or novice fan gets over a loss within hours and watches just for entertainment, JMO. I have been around both sides of it.

I agree 2006 that you are a true fan but someone else was critical of fans that buy tickets and merchandise as not being hardcore.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hoosierhawk said:

I agree 2006 that you are a true fan but someone else was critical of fans that buy tickets and merchandise as not being hardcore.

Oh yeah I know brother, I knew you did but I haven't chatted with you in a while so I just posted what I posted. I am sure losses bother you too. If we lose today it will bother me. In the Peyton days I took losses very hard because I thought we would win every week. When we lost to Pitt in the 05 playoffs I shut my phone off and didn't watch the NFL channel for like 2 weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Oh yeah I know brother, I knew you did but I haven't chatted with you in a while so I just posted what I posted. I am sure losses bother you too. If we lose today it will bother me. In the Peyton days I took losses very hard because I thought we would win every week. When we lost to Pitt in the 05 playoffs I shut my phone off and didn't watch the NFL channel for like 2 weeks.

I don't get quite as excited anymore. It is great entertainment but it is still only a game, not life or death. Lost a dear friend last week to cancer and a buddy lost his mother also so that gives one pause. I have been a huge football fan since I started playing the game in Junior High with the old leather helmets with no face masks. Still love the game but don't take it as seriously as I used to.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I don't get quite as excited anymore. It is great entertainment but it is still only a game, not life or death. Lost a dear friend last week to cancer and a buddy lost his mother also so that gives one pause. I have been a huge football fan since I started playing the game in Junior High with the old leather helmets with no face masks. Still love the game but don't take it as seriously as I used to.

Sorry for your losses. That is where real life takes over.. My dad passed away last year and I still think about him a lot. When a Pacers game was on after he passed, I even picked up my phone after a win (force of habit) to call him and realized I could not. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nick Chubb is out as well.

True, but he's on IR so he doesn't get listed on the inactives report. (just like we didn't list Campbell and Pittman on our inactives report since they are also on IR)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I just saw a young person through a cancer scare like this.  I can tell you that dealing with it becomes exponentially harder the more people who know about it.   He's very * and now all of this is public and that is difficult   Sending positive thoughts to him and his family.  Things like this... there are not words for how difficult this is
    • As much as I hate to say it, 2 maybe three weeks will just about finish the colts. I believe they should look ahead and plan for the future. Rivers is a better than average QB in my book. I would not get rid of him for a couple of years. But you have to see what you have before that time comes. I only use Kelly as an example of waisted time. why not suit up Eason and let him run short yardage situations? He is cheaper and he needs the experience.
    • Yeah...these debates tend to devolve into strawman arguments and false choices. There's nothing wrong with objectively looking at the picks...and lamenting misses.    The first two rounds of the 2019 draft were not good. Passing on Sweat to trade back...and then passing on Brown and Metcalf...3x (if you include the tradeback from #40 to #44). I think it implies they had Rock and  Banogu atop their boards. From what I read...they were even considering Rock at #27. So I think we can judge those evaluations (up to this point).   Getting the #34 pick out of that trade back was nice...but Pittman is going to have to be a Pro Bowler for that trade-back to not be a bad move IMO.
    • I thought this was a 7-9 team so they are exceeding expectations. I’m very happy with the teams performance so far.  
    • Thanks for your advice 
  • Members

    • SteelCityColt

      SteelCityColt 9,182

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • aaron11

      aaron11 2,811

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shive

      Shive 2,630

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CoachLite

      CoachLite 646

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 1,601

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RDNScot

      RDNScot 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SSColts

      SSColts 8

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Franklin County

      Franklin County 480

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • crazycolt1

      crazycolt1 14,232

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • w87r

      w87r 2,749

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...