Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Irsay Playing Us All Again? (Qb)

So I'm kind of distressed about the recent comments that "it's still up in the air"...... as far as who we're taking #1 overall.

Put it this way, take Luck or we riot. You want to run Manning out of town, it sure as heck BETTER be Andrew Luck. Quit freaking me out Irsay. Why are you doing this? He cannot be serious can he?

Calm down man Luck is gonna have a private workout with the colts and RGIII isnt, and he did say an early contract isnt out of the question, hes got other evaluatiosn to do as well its a proces their are alot of things that still need to be done with the team besides quarterback, all will be fine

Heck Irsay was even tweeting about Luck weeks ago in a riddle like fashion... why's he have to smoke screen it? Its weird

I prefer the smokescreen. I don't want the other 31 teams to know what's going on with my team. I want to be as generic in my media responses as possible, like Belichick or Andy Reid. Give them the typical "we will do what's best for the franchise...we will be very thorough...this is an important process", get the media part over with, and get back to work. That's my opinion, anyway

I want the Colts to take Luck as much as anybody else on this forum but i'm gonna set back and let the Front office do their evaluations of both Luck and RG3 and if they think after doing their evaluation that RG3 is the better choice then I will completely support their decision.

I don't like the lack of PROFESSIONALISM that Isray is showing through this whole process. I thought when we got rid of the Pollians we would get rid of the media Bull

I think/feel if he is Crazy enough to Pick RG over Luck after dishing PM like he did then Indiana will be up against him BIG TIME !!

RG said repeatedly that he would be glad to stay behind Peyton for 3 years.. This could a be a huge/ mistake for him IMO.y

He will choose Luck but sometimes I seriously wonder how "sober" he still is. I really dislike him and if not for a few other crazy owners in the league I would be glad if he was gone. At least he let the front office people do their job. Hopefully that is all he is doing now. Perhaps he is trying to negotiate a better deal with Andrew I don't know but the way the guy "tweets" like a 15 year old boy and treats the fans and Peyton Manning I really don't have a lot of respect for him. He talks out both sides of his butt but thank God he isn't as bad as say a few Owners like in Washington, Dallas, Miami, or what they had in Oakland. I wish we had a classy owner like the Steelers, Giants, or Patriots but we don't get to decide who owns our team.

I don't like the lack of PROFESSIONALISM that Isray is showing through this whole process. I thought when we got rid of the Pollians we would get rid of the media Bull

I think/feel if he is Crazy enough to Pick RG over Luck after dishing PM like he did then Indiana will be up against him BIG TIME !!

RG said repeatedly that he would be glad to stay behind Peyton for 3 years.. This could a be a huge/ mistake for him IMO.y

In the end, this might be nothing but professionalism...and shrewdness on the part of Irsay. If Luck's agent thinks the Colts are dead-set on getting him them the Colts loose all leverage at the negotiation table. If they think the Colts FO might be considering Luck then they might not drive as hard a bargain during the contract signing. This whole thing might have nothing to do with creating confusion and everything to do with signing Luck at the most reasonable number possible.

In the end, this might be nothing but professionalism...and shrewdness on the part of Irsay. If Luck's agent thinks the Colts are dead-set on getting him them the Colts loose all leverage at the negotiation table. If they think the Colts FO might be considering Luck then they might not drive as hard a bargain during the contract signing. This whole thing might have nothing to do with creating confusion and everything to do with signing Luck at the most reasonable number possible.

There is no more negotiation table at this point. Luck, RGIII, or even the Tackle from USC would all three be paid basically the same contract if drafted #1.

Maybe there are other reasons for this.

There is no more negotiation table at this point. Luck, RGIII, or even the Tackle from USC would all three be paid basically the same contract if drafted #1.

Maybe there are other reasons for this.

Contracts are comprised of more than just money. It could be multiple other things that go into the contract. I read an editorial this morning regarding the entire tweet from Irsay and possible reasons behind it. I won't go into all the details, but the finer points of the negotiation with Luck's agent were involved (obviously not the money as the rookie pay scale is involved at this point).

Contracts are comprised of more than just money. It could be multiple other things that go into the contract. I read an editorial this morning regarding the entire tweet from Irsay and possible reasons behind it. I won't go into all the details, but the finer points of the negotiation with Luck's agent were involved (obviously not the money as the rookie pay scale is involved at this point).

Andrew Luck could simply negate the Colts' intrigue play by asking the Redskins to invite him to a private workout too.

Why worry?

1-Because as late as Dec. 13th, Irsay said if Peyton plays in 2012, he will play as a Colt.

2-Peyton said he didn't find out until the Tuesday, 1 day befoe the press conference that he would no longer be a Colt.

3-After so much communication between Irsay and Peyton, Peyton told ESPN that he was surprised to learn he would no longer be a Colt.

4-Season ticket holders were told 5 days AFTER money was due that Manning would no longer be a Colt.

5-The Colts had beaten the Patriots 5 out of the last 7 games, (until this past season when Manning didn't play), so we were finally getting their number before Irsay just gutted the team....geeezzzzz!!!

6-After preaching honesty and character to the choir....these things happened to Colt fans......so yes......we should be worried when Irsay speaks.

7-"Whats that? Ah--Playoffs? Don't talk about--playoffs? You kidding me?! Playoffs?! I just hope we can win a game! Another game!"

I don't know.... Irsay spoke highly of Stanton back in '08. And I heard he was actually giddie that Grigs traded for him. OMG! You don't suppose.....

lol....no I would certainly hope not. I would imagine that Stanton was a way of hopefully preventing what happened last year from happening again. That is, to procure a legitimate back-up QB.

I have been warming to the idea of Luck for months now (Since about 0-6). I am at the point where I have psyched myself up for the kid, ready to support him as he matures into whatever he will become.

If they pick RGIII (who I have not watched play) it's going to take some serious emotional energy to get hyped up again. You just hope that releasing Manning doesn't turn out to be the dumbest move ever in hindsight - I am hoping Luck is the reason behind that.