Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Covid Problem ? a real concern if we can complete this season.


Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Amen. What does suck is all the testing. Cam newton missed a game because he tested positive but has absolutely no sickness. This is the kind of crap thats burning me up. Keep testing us all we all have a deadly virus in us all! 

 

I'm fairly certain you are not well versed in the pathophysiology of infectious diseases, nor know anything about Mary Mallon (typhoid Mary).

 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/typhoid-mary-tragic-tale-exposed-health-impacts-super-spreaders/

 

Mary Mallon herself didn't understand it, despite being told (however poorly by only a few) and was more a 'testing' figure. Unfortunate for her, but we know better now, and 40% or more that get Covid-19 can be their own version of Typhoid Mary.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, w87r said:

This isnt just about the players. They might not get sick, but they can develop other issues because of it.

 

Saying that, like I said it's not just about the players. Its about their wifes and kids, their parents, grand parents. Potential spread from there.

 

Without a bubble keeping players from their families it will be tough.

 

How many deaths would it take for you to see that different? 1 players family member, or one coach/ref.

 

I would say 1 is to many when it would have came from playing a game

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, w87r said:

Anyone concerned(Colts wise) with the Bears player that just tested positive? He wasn't contagious for the Colts game, but most likely he was exposed to it around that time? He is right in the incubation range from exposure(being around Colts when exposed). Slim chance just something that crossed my mind.

 

Also I guess another Patriot tested positive and I the Pats shutdown their facility. Not sure if I saw that posted around here today?

 

 


There hasn’t been a single recorded case of on-field, team-to-team transmission in the college or NFL that I’m aware of.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

I'm fairly certain you are not well versed in the pathophysiology of infectious diseases, nor know anything about Mary Mallon (typhoid Mary).

 

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/history/2020/03/typhoid-mary-tragic-tale-exposed-health-impacts-super-spreaders/

 

Mary Mallon herself didn't understand it, despite being told (however poorly by only a few) and was more a 'testing' figure. Unfortunate for her, but we know better now, and 40% or more that get Covid-19 can be their own version of Typhoid Mary.

 

 

 

 

Typhoid Mary broke protocol more than once too

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, w87r said:

This isnt just about the players. They might not get sick, but they can develop other issues because of it.

 

Saying that, like I said it's not just about the players. Its about their wifes and kids, their parents, grand parents. Potential spread from there.

 

Without a bubble keeping players from their families it will be tough.

 

How many deaths would it take for you to see that different? 1 players family member, or one coach/ref.

 

I would say 1 is to many when it would have came from playing a game

Probably alot. But I just don't wanna talk about this anymore. I will not see eye to eye with anyone here about this. So we will agree to disagree. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Typhoid Mary broke protocol more than once too

 

Because she truly believed because she was never sick herself, that she could not cause others to get sick.  {Many folks believe this today concerning SARS-CoV-2}.  Not surprising because folks didn't wash their hands back then either as germ theory was also not well accepted by the populace at that time.  Also, it wasn't explained to her well (it was a fairly new concept back then, not now) that she could carry the disease, but not suffer from it herself. But was a danger to others. In addition, she had no other work skills (other than being a cook)  that could keep her from infecting others. Unfortunately she got a lot of others ill again under a different name after her first release and she resumed cooking. Got caught and was once again quarantined at North Brother Island in the East River of the Bronx, NY twice, this second time until she passed.

 

40 minutes ago, zibby43 said:


There hasn’t been a single recorded case of on-field, team-to-team transmission in the college or NFL that I’m aware of.

 

This is a hoped for and good trend. :thmup:  I know there are models that believe one needs to be within 6 feet of an infected person for 15 minutes or more to be considered 'exposed' and need monitoring/testing for potential infection. .  It has been shown (a Japan study) where outdoor activity can reduce chances of infection by up to 18 times vs same activity indoors (restaurant dining was a case sample). That's why I didn't flip out over the Gilmore/Mahomes get together post game.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 This is a hoped for and good trend. :thmup:  I know there are models that believe one needs to be within 6 feet of an infected person for 15 minutes or more to be considered 'exposed' and need monitoring/testing for potential infection. .  It has been shown (a Japan study) where outdoor activity can reduce chances of infection by up to 18 times vs same activity indoors (restaurant dining was a case sample). That's why I didn't flip out over the Gilmore/Mahomes get together post game.

 

 

 

 


Excellent data, and agreed.

 

I would still like to see the NFL eliminate the post-game meetings between teams this year.  The dapping/hugging with helmets/pads/gloves off, especially in indoor venues, seems like an unnecessary (but easy to eliminate) risk.

 

Think the ACC has banned these meetings already.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • You guys think you’ll be back in the playoffs next year?
    • "Sure thing" and "generational QB prospects" don't get traded. They are extremely rare and the teams that draft no. 1 in that draft let legends like Peyton Manning go so they can give the mantle to the new generational superstar. So if you want a surefire thing... you have to both be really bad and be lucky to be really bad in a once a decade draft. Both Wilson and Fields would be no.1 type of picks almost any other year in which there isn't a Luck or a Lawrence type of talent at the top of the board. Most no. 1 type of QBs are not surefire things, most have their questions and uncertainties. That doesn't mean they are not worth the pick and the trade up if that's what a team decides to do.    Colts fans have been having extremely hard time with uncertainty because they've not been in that position recently... We've had certainty at the QB position for the last 20 years. Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are not walking through that door and we should get comfortable with that position we are in. Most other teams are in that position most of the time.      I agree. I think trading up to no. 2-3 will probably cost a lot more than this whole Colts draft(purely value-wise). And most probably it will have to involve multiple trades. Something like what Philly did to get Wentz or what Buffalo did to get Allen - trade up to the 10-12 range and then try to make the final jump to no. 2 or 3 or.. 8 or wherever you think you can get your guy.    Also agree on your assessment that this is too much of a assumption about those specific trades, but I still think you can get tons of trades if you clearly signal to other teams that this is what you are looking to do. Check Seattle's draft from a several years ago when they didn't have many picks besides their 1st and they turned it into tons and tons of mid round picks. They traded 26 to 31, then 31 to 34, then 34 to 35 and accumulated multiple picks in later rounds in the process. Of course I doubt it would be as clean as I did it here, but something like this is very possible if Ballard decides to work the phones and other teams know we are looking for picks and willing to trade down.    Love was not the only option. There were clear avenues to trade up from 13 to 4-5-6 for Herbert or Tua. But again ... I'm not saying that based on 1 draft. I'm talking about a hypothetical where we don't draft a franchise QB this year too... and push it back one more year... then it will be the 3d year after Luck's retirement when we will have the chance to address it. This is not a short period of time. Q and Leonard and Braden's cheap rookie contracts will be over by then... 
    • I honk he needs out of there. Having hurts breathing down your back and a statue of Foles can’t do much for your confidence. Then every time he makes a bad play fans are going to be calling for Hurts to play. I do think they will keep him for one more year though.
    • I have heard reports for a few weeks now that the cap will be flat and be at $195 for the reasons you stated. I think with the vaccine now here, the owners see the light at the end of the tunnel in terms of getting the fans back next season.
    • It's worth noting that Quenton's older brother, Connor, put this video together, just as he has each year since Big Q was a freshman at ND.
  • Members

    • stitches

      stitches 7,507

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • 2006Coltsbestever

      2006Coltsbestever 21,127

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dw49

      dw49 701

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • SpanosSucks

      SpanosSucks 188

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Fisticuffs111

      Fisticuffs111 1,954

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Flash7

      Flash7 1,077

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dogg63

      Dogg63 1,894

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CR91

      CR91 5,935

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Arodgers12

      Arodgers12 293

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • exboltnowcolt

      exboltnowcolt 16

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...