Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gilmore Patriots has Covid

danlhart87

31 minutes ago, w87r said:

Yep 2 more today. 

League is also investigating whether or not Titans players got together after they were told not to last week.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07/report-nfl-nflpa-looking-at-whether-titans-players-worked-out-together-last-week/

I saw that right after I asked the question 

Didn’t get a chance to correct my question since I was researching local results and watching the Dr. Box Presser

35 minutes ago, w87r said:

Mahomes and Gilmore had a face mask to face mask conversation after game also.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07/post-game-protocols-routinely-are-being-violated/

Episode 7 Ugh GIF by The Bachelor

2 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

where did you see that

Here:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/nonsense-sp-ravens-lamar-jackson-practice-20201007-s3ju3kmidvarniu6o25o62thyy-story.html

It is very strange that he would not be at his team's practice as starting QB but hey, it is Wednesday. If it continues Thursday, eyebrows will be raised. 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Here:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/nonsense-sp-ravens-lamar-jackson-practice-20201007-s3ju3kmidvarniu6o25o62thyy-story.html

It is very strange that he would not be at his team's practice as starting QB but hey, it is Wednesday. If it continues Thursday, eyebrows will be raised. 

What is odd is that 7 missed practice

20 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Maybe the league will start taking severe action if one of their poster boys gets the virus. I hope it doesn't come to that. 

I don't thing the league cares. That is why they had the expanded rosters. They will play the games. 

On 10/7/2020 at 1:08 PM, w87r said:

Mahomes and Gilmore had a face mask to face mask conversation after game also.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/07/post-game-protocols-routinely-are-being-violated/

Close contact is within 6 ft or less for 15 minutes or longer. In this scenario, I'd be fairly surprised, if Gilmore was contagious then, that brief encounter would NOT even give Mahomes enough dose of viral load to become infected, IME.

34 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Close contact is within 6 ft or less for 15 minutes or longer. In this scenario, I'd be fairly surprised, if Gilmore was contagious then, that brief encounter would even give Mahomes enough dose of viral load to become infected.

Would or wouldn't?

Also that close contact is for contact tracing purposes only, correct? As it would hard to be able to say who all was around for less than that. Not that you have to be around someone for that long to be infected. You can get it from a door knob and touching your face. They are saying its airborne now and for more than 6'.

Mahomes and Gilmore encounter was on Monday night and Gilmore tested positive on Wednesday morning. I dont think we can rule out Gilmore being contagious at that point or even be surprised buy it.

I take a back seat to you in regards to this but that is my thoughts.

59 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would or wouldnt?

Thanks, I fixed it. Would NOT (IMHO).

Also that close contact is for contact tracing purposes only, correct?

But that points to quarantine of individuals for a minimum of 5-7 (incubation period, up to 14 for the general public) days and universal precautions are in place. That essentially means people are presumed and treated as if they have a malady, even if testing is negative.

As it would hard to be able to say who all was around for less than that. Not that you have to be around someone for that long to be infected. You can get it from a door knob and touching your face.

You can, but close contact droplets and aerosols are the main culprit.

They are saying its airborne now and for more than 6'.

Always has been airborne. Many droplets will fall to the ground before 6 feet. Many smaller droplets, and those that the carrier evaporates, can travel further and stay in suspension much longer. Masks prevent many droplets from being projectiled (cough, sneeze, yelling, or singing) far distances.

Mahomes and Gilmore encounter was on Monday night and Gilmore tested positive on Wednesday morning. I dont think we can rule out Gilmore being contagious at that point or even be surprised buy it.

I take a back seat to you in regards to this but that is my thoughts.

He could very well have been infected, but it was at an undetectable stage. And RT-PCR has up to 30% false negative rate. So...

But I'm not worried about the handshake or chat as much as others might be.

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But that points to quarantine of individuals for a minimum of 5-7 (incubation period, up to 14 for the general public) and universal precautions are in place. That means people are presumed and treated as if they have a malady, even if testing is negative.

But those are just identifiable persons you can pin point, not everyone.

If you crossed paths with someone you didnt know, clearly you couldn't identify them to tracers.

Still could of passed it along without meeting those parameters.

4 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

You can, but close contact droplets and aerosols are the main culprit

Yeah, I was just pointing out the fact that you don't need to be within 6' for 15 minutes or more to catch it. 

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Always has been airborne

Definitely, but they just came out with the new info. Always was though, not anything new just being acknowledged now.

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He could very well have been infected, but it was at an undetectable stage. And RT-PCR has up to 30% false negative rate. So...

But I'm not worried about the handshake or chat as much as others might be

Their encounter was an additional 10-12 hours after the test that could of been false negative and 36 hours later tested positive. I think the chances were pretty good that it was a false negative the morning of the game.

Im not to worried about it either, but it was a false mask to face mask to face mask conversation. Droplets were transferred Im sure.

Really I was just pointing out the encounter though, we will see in next couple days if it in fact did get to Mahomes.

Chances are small, but it was more of the violations of protocols I was pointing out, with a guy who tested positive a day and half later.

Thanks as always for your knowledge.

37 minutes ago, w87r said:

But those are just identifiable persons you can pin point, not everyone.

If you crossed paths with someone you didnt know, clearly you couldn't identify them to tracers.

Chances of receiving a viral loads on a quick pass by (especially if outdoors) enough to become ill are fairly low in that scenario, IMO.

Still could of passed it along without meeting those parameters.

Yeah, I was just pointing out the fact that you don't need to be within 6' for 15 minutes or more to catch it. 

Possibly, but that appears to be the standard now for saying one has "been exposed" to Covid. Not something like a quick hello and fist bump to someone, then moving on.

Definitely, but they just came out with the new info. Always was though, not anything new just being acknowledged now.

By some that were unfortunately misinformed. I've known it was for a long time, (As soon as it was reported to be a new version of SARS), that masks would help, but China made most our masks and were hoarding them for their own people (plus supply channel was cut severely too) so our doctors and nurses had a major shortage. I even gave a some of my limited supply of N95 masks to Ultrasound technologists at a nearby OB/GYN office where only the doctors got them, others got surgical masks. Now patients must wear masks too, and yes, there were a few pregnant ladies that had Covid-19.

Their encounter was an additional 10-12 hours after the test that could of been false negative and 36 hours later tested positive. I think the chances were pretty good that it was a false negative the morning of the game.

Im not to worried about it either, but it was a false mask to face mask to face mask conversation. Droplets were transferred Im sure.

Gilmore likely was (undectectably) infected, and I'm not believing this encounter is enough to infect Patrick. But...

big butt giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ile4o5zb4s46wnin07

if Mahomes does contract Covid-19 from this little incident, the NFL season across the board might end. But the Vikings played a Titans team that now has more than 20 positive players/personnel, yet I have not heard of a Single Minnesota Viking Player contracting it.

Really I was just pointing out the encounter though, we will see in next couple days if it in fact did get to Mahomes.

I sure hope not

Chances are small, but it was more of the violations of protocols I was pointing out, with a guy who tested positive a day and half later.

That is a very valid argument.

Thanks as always for your knowledge.

NP. It's just one guys (informed) opinion based upon as much fact as he can attain.

On 10/7/2020 at 12:34 PM, danlhart87 said:

This is getting bad folks 

Instead of worrying and framing out why not just go with the flow. All of this was predicted. Games will be moved around ect. Nothing was going going to go smooth so everyone just needs to take a breath and just take it one day at a time. The league is handling it her fine and moving around games. That is just how it is going to be this season. 

57 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Instead of worrying and framing out why not just go with the flow. All of this was predicted. Games will be moved around ect. Nothing was going going to go smooth so everyone just needs to take a breath and just take it one day at a time. The league is handling it her fine and moving around games. That is just how it is going to be this season. 

The league is handling it fine? I think that’s debatable.

The schedule/situation is gonna keep getting messier and messier. In the end they’ll probably have to do something drastic. At this point I just have a hard time seeing 16 games.

16 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

The league is handling it fine? I think that’s debatable.

The schedule/situation is gonna keep getting messier and messier. In the end they’ll probably have to do something drastic. At this point I just have a hard time seeing 16 games.

Why are you so worried. Just go with the flow. We knew things would have to be rescheduled at certain points. The league knew this was going to happen and so far are making the adjustments. Anyone who thought it was going to just run smooth was kidding themselves. It’s one of those years we just have to go with the flow and just take adjustments as they come.   Nothing was going to be normal this season. Let’s just be happy we have football. The league has done a great job so far.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Patriots had another positive test today.

Waiting to confirm with 2nd test.

Game this week could be in jeopardy 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/16/patriots-cancel-fridays-practice-after-positive-covid-19-test/

They should wait and not release any test results before a 2nd positive. Apply the same standard as a double negative. Wait for a double positive like you wait for a double negative before releasing any results. It is not helping anyone, releasing results prematurely without a second confirmation.

15 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They should wait and not release any test results before a 2nd positive. Apply the same standard as a double negative. Wait for a double positive like you wait for a double negative before releasing any results. It is not helping anyone, releasing results prematurely without a second confirmation.

They got the second test on one player. They are awaiting a second test on another player.

Archived