Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brady VS Foles Thursday Night

King Colt

7 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Bears beat the Bucs 20-19.

Maybe our team, and our offense, is better than we are getting credit for.

Brady: 25/41, 253 yds, 1 TD 0 INT

Every game is different. Maybe Foles was getting his feet wet with his pass catchers. Our D hasn’t been the same since we went up vs Minshew.

its a week to week league, hard to extrapolate, IMO.

48 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Now, the only reason we couldn’t run like the Bucs are running vs the Bears is because no one respects our passing game.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Every game is different. Maybe Foles was getting his feet wet with his pass catchers. Our D hasn’t been the same since we went up vs Minshew.

its a week to week league, hard to extrapolate, IMO.

Hmm...

11 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Hmm...

Foles has nothing to do with our passing offense. Because he was getting his feet wet, they scored only 11 points while they scored 20 vs Bucs. If anything it shows our D is better than the Bucs.

Still our passing offense leaves much to be desired, IMO. Plus, Godwin is a bigger upgrade over Pittman or Campbell we were missing like they were missing Godwin.

My frustration stemmed from the fact that our OL that’s supposed to be all this and that couldn’t push the Bears front like the Bucs OL did.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Foles has nothing to do with our passing offense. Because he was getting his feet wet, they scored only 11 points while they scored 20 vs Bucs.

Still our passing offense leaves much to be desired, IMO. Plus, Godwin is a bigger upgrade over Pittman or Campbell we were missing like they were missing Godwin.

Our WRs only caught 7 passes while our TEs and RBs caught 9. 

Our TEs and RBs making catches is what kept us in the game. 

Just saying. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Our WRs only caught 7 passes while our TEs and RBs caught 9. 

Our TEs and RBs making catches is what kept us in the game. 

Just saying. 

I remember Peyton in his bursa sac surgery season saying that no win in the NFL is a gimme. The margin for error is typically thin.  

No apologies for any close wins as long as we win. I just have to remind myself that.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Like chad72 said, each week is different. 

No one can say what is going to happen from week to week with any kind of certainty. 

Oh no, Bears suck because when we win, according to some we only beat sucky teams lmao . To be honest I am so sick of the narrative because that has how some have been in here forever. Bears just beat a good Bucs team for cry out and loud with Tom. This makes our win look like gold now. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Like chad72 said, each week is different. 

No one can say what is going to happen from week to week with any kind of certainty. 

He also contradicted that statement 40 minutes earlier.

My main point is that the Bears defense (especially pass defense) has been great for 5 weeks now.  Our passing game against them was the most efficient out of all of their opponents so far.  I think that is worth noting.

10 minutes ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

He also contradicted that statement 40 minutes earlier.

My main point is that the Bears defense (especially pass defense) has been great for 5 weeks now.  Our passing game against them was the most efficient out of all of their opponents so far.  I think that is worth noting.

Last week, many in here were saying Bears suck, our win didn't prove anything. Those people need to have their posting credentials removed lmao . I am joking when I say that but I find this amusing the Bears beat the Bucs and are 4-1 now. I guess until we beat the Chiefs the respect won't come :funny:. Oh wait a minute, we beat them last year with JB at QB at Arrowhead in front of 60,000 people. My bad homer simpson GIF

I never thought I would see the ending that took place last night with Brady staring in to space confused on what down it was. Famous for last second victories he was stunned to learn he had lost a down. Too young to start memory issues. :sarcasm: Then he ran off the field not shaking hands with anyone. The way he screamed at his OL players he may be headed for a quick exit out of TB when the season ends if they can't block.  Bottom line: Proof everyone is human.

Note: Good Morning Football show is going way too far on Brady's mistakes. "Kick em' when they're down."

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

I never thought I would see the ending that took place last night with Brady staring in to space confused on what down it was. Famous for last second victories he was stunned to learn he had lost a down. Too young to start memory issues. :sarcasm: Then he ran off the field not shaking hands with anyone. The way he screamed at his OL players he may be headed for a quick exit out of TB when the season ends if they can't block.  Bottom line: Proof everyone is human.

Note: Good Morning Football show is going way too far on Brady's mistakes. "Kick em' when they're down."

All the "old man" and "senile" jokes tagged with Florida seniors are being bestowed upon Brady. Noodle arm was bestowed upon Peyton too, rightfully for a while. It is what it is when you are in the home stretch of your career. People will seize any moment to bring you down. 

12 hours ago, DontEverGiveUp said:

Bears beat the Bucs 20-19.

Maybe our team, and our offense, is better than we are getting credit for.

Brady: 25/41, 253 yds, 1 TD 0 INT

One thing about this forum is (it is a great forum by the way, I love it here), unless we beat an elite team like when the Patriots were great or a healthy Chiefs team now there are some that will never give us credit for wins. Last week the Bears game was 50/50 and so is the Browns game that is per ESPN. Per ESPN the Browns are given a 50.2% chance to beat us. We beat the Bears on the road and some say we beat an overrated ream and not that good, it will be the same thing with the Browns. This has been going for years. When we won the division in 2013 and 2014 it was because the division sucked said many. I guess it is just a pet peeve of mine when some post like that. You play who is in front of you and as Bill Parcells says you are what you record says you are. Bears are a good team period, are they a SB contender - probably not but we beat a good team last week. Last year before we played the Chiefs, 90% of the forum picked the Chiefs to beat us and they knew who was playing and not playing but yet many made excuses for the Chiefs because they were missing 2 or 3 key players. By the way I picked us to win that game, my best upset pick of the year :thmup:

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

All the "old man" and "senile" jokes tagged with Florida seniors are being bestowed upon Brady. Noodle arm was bestowed upon Peyton too, rightfully for a while. It is what it is when you are in the home stretch of your career. People will seize any moment to bring you down. 

No matter how the Bucs do this year, Brady's legacy is cemented. He is in my top 3 ever with Montana and Peyton and Brady is the most accomplished QB of all-time winning 6 SB's. I still think the Bucs make the Playoffs, last night was a rare moment for Tom. I am not going to lie though, I loved seeing it because you never do haha 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No matter how the Bucs do this year, Brady's legacy is cemented. He is in my top 3 ever with Montana and Peyton and Brady is the most accomplished QB of all-time winning 6 SB's. I still think the Bucs make the Playoffs, last night was a rare moment for Tom. I am not going to lie though, I loved seeing it because you never do haha 

All the small things that the team got done right with the excessive attention to detail from Belichick and his coaches, he is definitely missing that at Tampa. When you go to a new place, it is always hard to say "you listen to me, I have been there, done that" and Tom becoming a free agent in a Covid year vs Peyton doing it in 2012 were different off season circumstances. Peyton started 3-4 in Denver before having a good 2 year stretch there. 2015, his lack of touch or nerve issues probably came back, I am guessing.  

I do think Peyton got more autonomy with a defensive coach like John Fox than Tom is getting with an offensive coach like Arians. So Peyton could just run his system while Tom had to mesh his system he knew with that of Arians. It is not a co-incidence that Dungy and John Fox being defensive minded coaches gave Peyton the comfort his system did not need to change. His struggles actually came when Gary Kubiak came in, imparting a different offensive system, trying to run pistol and roll outs, something Peyton wasn't the best at during the last leg of his career. Caldwell, just carried on from Dungy having seen no reason to mess with what Peyton and Tom Moore were doing.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

All the small things that the team got done right with the excessive attention to detail from Belichick and his coaches, he is definitely missing that at Tampa. When you go to a new place, it is always hard to say "you listen to me, I have been there, done that" and Tom becoming a free agent in a Covid year vs Peyton doing it in 2012 were different off season circumstances. Peyton started 3-4 in Denver before having a good 2 year stretch there. 2015, his lack of touch or nerve issues probably came back, I am guessing.  

Peyton's presence out on the field in 2015 was more important than anything. Brock would not of beat the Patriots in an AFC Title Game IMO. Peyton had the smarts and experience to do so. He played smart and made clutch throws when needed, like a great game manager would do. He let his defense do their thing knowing they could. I don't see Brady winning a SB with the Bucs but I see them being a playoff team.

It will be hard for Brady to win with the undisciplined team I seen last night. 

11 untimely penalties is a huge problem. 

Was it caused by the Bears aggressive defense or the lack of discipline, or both? 

Did the Bears defense get to Brady mentally? Thus him not remembering what down it was? 

Archived