Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Just now, Four2itus said:

Our defense against their offense. Marquee matchup.

I honestly think our offense could explode at anytime though. Rivers is capable of throwing a couple of long TD's and Taylor is capable of breaking a long 60 yard run. It would not shock me if this was the game where Rivers threw a deep TD to TY.

• Like 5

Though Our D is really playing well these days, historically they have trouble with double sword offenses,the O's that can run AND throw well.

I think Rivers will have to put up TD's to keep pace with the Brownies offense and that may be difficult considering the lack of weapons he has.

It would be great if our line can run block like their capable of and we control the game on the ground. But in the Redzone we will need TD's.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Can anyone tell me the last time the colts and browns played each other on the regular season when they both had winning records?

I remember losing a playoff game to them, I think it was mid to late 80's.

That may have been last time both teams faced each other with winning records??

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Can anyone tell me the last time the colts and browns played each other on the regular season when they both had winning records?

I hate those questions, you forced me to do research!

2002.  Browns were 7-6 going into the game.  Colts were 8-5.  

It’s hard to find a Browns winning season in the last 20 years.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, nmesc25 said:

2014 - The Hoyer led Browns were 7-5 and we were 8-4.

Big game and Luck had to rally back to win it.

I only remember because a buddy of mine is a big Browns fan so we had a bet riding on that game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400554422

My bad, you are correct sir! (or madam).  The Browns were 7-4 the week before and ended the season in typical Browns fashion at 7-9 with 5 straight losses.

So, when was the last Browns winning season?

19 minutes ago, nmesc25 said:

2014 - The Hoyer led Browns were 7-5 and we were 8-4.

Big game and Luck had to rally back to win it.

I only remember because a buddy of mine is a big Browns fan so we had a bet riding on that game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400554422

I remember that game. . . Johnny Manziel was pouting on the sidelines about not playing.  

Hoyer missed a receiver for what would have been a big play and Manziel could clearly be seen mouthing the words "I could have hit him."

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I hate those questions, you forced me to do research!

2002.  Browns were 7-6 going into the game.  Colts were 8-5.  

It’s hard to find a Browns winning season in the last 20 years.  

I did some research. The last winning season the Browns had was in 2007, when they ended up 10-6. I don't know who the QB was at that time.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I did some research. The last winning season the Browns had was in 2007, when they ended up 10-6. I don't know who the QB was at that time.

And, typical Browns luck, they missed the playoffs.  They lost the division to the 10-6 Steelers, and then lost the playoff tiebreaker to the Titans.  Can one team have that much bad mojo?

According to Wiki, Derek Anderson was the QB with the rookie Brady Quinn on the bench.

I think the key will be can we shut down the run and hold them to FG's.  Mayfield hasn't been that great the last few years, with a lot of INT.  And this year he is essentially just game managing while the RB's go off for 150+ yards.  I think if our defense can take away the run game and force Mayfield to throw, we'll see some turnovers.

Reich might have to let Rivers air it out a little more this week.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, krunk said:

I thought his question was the last time they played and both teams had a winning record at the same time

I wasn't going to dig that deep, which is why I provided the link to the history for him to dig.

Just think about it. 9 months ago, someone said that the Colts would be playing the Browns.......and the Colts would have the best rated defense, and the Browns would be a top rated offense. What's next?....viruses? Political unrest? Forest fires?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 10/6/2020 at 6:04 AM, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Media darlings last week= Nick files 3-0 bears

Media darlings this week = 3-1 offense resurgence Browns

3rd Straight 4pm start

Let's fly under the radar with another tough win

Rodrigo for the win 23-20. 

On 10/5/2020 at 11:34 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I honestly think our offense could explode at anytime though. Rivers is capable of throwing a couple of long TD's and Taylor is capable of breaking a long 60 yard run. It would not shock me if this was the game where Rivers threw a deep TD to TY.

Rivers already threw a deep bomb to Hilton and he dropped it.

The better question is Hilton ready to catch it this time ?

• Like 1