Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New injuries

Dogg63

7 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

I wonder if Bobby is just out a week or two and then plays with a cast or something

Apparently nobody's been ruled out for next week, yet.

Speed's injury is his elbow, getting scans today.

23 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah, but as soon as his thumb hits a helmet, he's over with fresh off surgery.

His thumb/hand/wrist should be wrapped in a cast, with 3/8" soft padding (as required) over it.

He won't be grabbing any picks, but he'll have a nice little club. 

38 minutes ago, Colts1324 said:

Yeah, but as soon as his thumb hits a helmet, he's over with fresh off surgery.

they have casts .  these cast are as hard as cement .  he is not hurting his hand .  people play all the time in hand clubs .   you dont use your grip to tackle .  The only time you need to grab is when chasing a player from behind .  He is not a wide receiver .

unless he broke his thumb , which it looks like he did not the only thing he needs to protect are stitches. now they have stitches that do not need to be removed they just wear off .   much less intrusive like glue , just put a piece over his thumb to protect his thumb and he can still grip with his hand like normal .

I am pretty sure darius is fine .  I saw him dancing on video , he looks okay .  I think i was just a precaution keeping him out if it was a playoff game i am sure he would of came back in .    Even ej speed a elbow is not that bad , nfl players have elbow guards on all the time . Ray lewis played his super bowl season with a injured elbow ,and wore a guard on his elbow the whole post season .  

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

i'd rather slide big Q out there and put clark at G.

even though clark was really bad the first couple times he played with the colts ,  just like mo allie cox he has gotten so much better and it kept him from getting cut .  He made improvements to the point he beat out joe haeg  who was a very solid back up tackle .  ballard loves clark because he has the measurables to be a elite tackle , he was just raw and needed to work on his craft and get more time in .   the colts have been pugging him in this season and he has played very well .  I think people get scared after seeing a player struggle in one or two games early .  Rock ya sin struggled early last year got burned then the last half of the season bounced back and looks even better this year .  Clark has improved and will shock people  .

10 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

even though clark was really bad the first couple times he played with the colts ,  just like mo allie cox he has gotten so much better and it kept him from getting cut .  He made improvements to the point he beat out joe haeg  who was a very solid back up tackle .  ballard loves clark because he has the measurables to be a elite tackle , he was just raw and needed to work on his craft and get more time in .   the colts have been pugging him in this season and he has played very well .  I think people get scared after seeing a player struggle in one or two games early .  Rock ya sin struggled early last year got burned then the last half of the season bounced back and looks even better this year .  Clark has improved and will shock people  .

The proof is in the pudding.  We might just find out Sunday if this is true.   I hope you are right.

55 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

I don't think he beat out Haeg, Haeg was a quality back up across all 5 positions and only left so he could start. 

2 hours ago, coming on strong said:

they have casts .  these cast are as hard as cement .  he is not hurting his hand .  people play all the time in hand clubs .   you dont use your grip to tackle .  The only time you need to grab is when chasing a player from behind .  He is not a wide receiver .

Sweet 

unless he broke his thumb , which it looks like he did not the only thing he needs to protect are stitches. now they have stitches that do not need to be removed they just wear off .   much less intrusive like glue , just put a piece over his thumb to protect his thumb and he can still grip with his hand like normal .

Baby

I am pretty sure darius is fine .  I saw him dancing on video , he looks okay .  I think i was just a precaution keeping him out if it was a playoff game i am sure he would of came back in .    Even ej speed a elbow is not that bad , nfl players have elbow guards on all the time . Ray lewis played his super bowl season with a injured elbow ,and wore a guard on his elbow the whole post season .  

Jesus

20 minutes ago, coming on strong said:

he is a back up on the bucs  never played even a snap for them and took a small contract

Right, but we told him he would not start here, so he chose to go to Tampa where he was given a chance to start, but failed to win in camp. This was widely discussed and reported last spring. 

1 minute ago, JPFolks said:

Right, but we told him he would not start here, so he chose to go to Tampa where he was given a chance to start, but failed to win in camp. This was widely discussed and reported last spring. 

if ballard thought clark was trash i doubt he does not look for depth at tackle . i trust ballard and he has faith in clark

4 hours ago, JediXMan said:

Damn LB core took a hit yesterday good news none seem long term.

And I thought Ballard was nuts for keeping 7 LB on the initial 53-man roster.  reminds me as to why I try to stay humble when expressing my opinions on this forum. They know a lot more about football than I ever will.

23 minutes ago, Dogg63 said:

And I thought Ballard was nuts for keeping 7 LB on the initial 53-man roster.  reminds me as to why I try to stay humble when expressing my opinions on this forum. They know a lot more about football than I ever will.

It was for STs, not really for LB itself.

I'm sure we'll see another "Ballard is a genius" comment though lol. 

12 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if AC rests this week puts on a protective vest on Sunday and takes a pain killer injection and plays.  I don't think he would be the first to do it.  

Hopefully the doc doesn't puncture his lung. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Hopefully the doc doesn't puncture his lung. 

Unless it's a nerve block, that won't happen.... And that's a small risk everytime anyone gets a nerve block in that region....it happened finally to an NFL qb, after god knows how many successful times, so everyone is scared of it now ..lol

19 hours ago, coming on strong said:

im not worried about a thumb injury with bobby still can tackle and play .  costonzo is the biggest loss

Costonzo's loss would be really bad.  I think he's a fine player, but he has a foot out the door.  I was hoping to see a draft of another LT this year.  This could make us look really ugly, if he is out.  

PR is used to pressure, but man.

1 hour ago, Nickster said:

Costonzo's loss would be really bad.  I think he's a fine player, but he has a foot out the door.  I was hoping to see a draft of another LT this year.  This could make us look really ugly, if he is out.  

PR is used to pressure, but man.

What does the bolded have to do with his injury?  Or really anything?

Archived