Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns won't have Chubb Sunday

They have the most rush yards in the NFL and its not even close. Although 300 of those yards were against a pitiful Cowboys defense. FWI Chubb went out very early in that game so its safe to say their Oline, Hunt and whoever else is back their can be considered weapons.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

They have the most rush yards in the NFL and its not even close. Although 300 of those yards were against a pitiful Cowboys defense. FWI Chubb went out very early in that game so its safe to say their Oline, Hunt and whoever else is back their can be considered weapons.

A lot of them came from a Odell jet sweep that he broke tackles

I guess I'm starting Hunt in my FF then. . . . . . . . . .  Should've started him yesterday but had Zeke and Henderson as my primary RBs.  Henderson had a mere 8 rushes and 1 reception.  

That being said I still hope the Colts D shuts down Hunt :lol:

The lack of news on Leonard could be good...or bad. He didn't return in the CHI game after he left in the 1st half...so on the surface...that doesn't bode well...and groin injuries can linger.

I hope he can make it...because Hunt, Hooper and Bryant are going to be a challenge.

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I guess I'm starting Hunt in my FF then. . . . . . . . . .  Should've started him yesterday but had Zeke and Henderson as my primary RBs.  Henderson had a mere 8 rushes and 1 reception.  

That being said I still hope the Colts D shuts down Hunt :lol:

Not trying to derail the thread into FF talk...but Hunt is a RB1 now.

I don't know what to do with Zeke either...why can't he score more TDs.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Hate to say this, Kareem Hunt is more well rounded than Chubb and he showed it with Mahomes before it all came crashing down with his off field incident.

Agree.  Hunt is fantastic and I'd rather see Chubb than Hunt.

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Not trying to derail the thread into FF talk...but Hunt is a RB1 now.

I don't know what to do with Zeke either...why can't he score more TDs.

They stole one from him when they ruled him down at the end of the game, McCarthy didn't challenge it because it was inside 2 minutes, not sure why they did not look at it.. Pollard came in and poached it from him. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Pretty sure jet sweep are still considered a "rush". The Oline still has to block lol

Yeah and after Odell beat the edge guy and it was an awesome play by him, he bascially had a giant wall between him and the pursuing defenders.  WHen Odell made the guy miss, the play was going to go big time and it did.

18 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

This. . . important to know about Leonard and Rock.

leonard had a groin injury. No news on Rock’s injury which is kinda good because if it was serious Reich and Colts would’ve mentioned it by now.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Hate to say this, Kareem Hunt is more well rounded than Chubb and he showed it with Mahomes before it all came crashing down with his off field incident.

I agree.  If I was Stefanski and I had a choice between having Chubb or Hunt, I'd take Hunt and it wouldn't be that hard of a choice.  Obviously, I'm sure he'd prefer to have them both.  But that's the luxury of having two bona fide backs on your roster -- the pain of losing one of them is significantly reduced.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It was

it really bloated the rushing stats 

It was an awesome run but he only broke one tackle in the backfield when he ran around the edge guy.  He had a nice lane to go through after that.  A DB got a hand on him but everyone else was blocked or over pursued.

If you are saying that this bloated the rushing stats, that; probably a little misleading.  take out this one run and they still had 257 yds on 39 other carries which is about 6.5 ypc.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

leonard had a groin injury.

Disclaimer:  I'm not a doctor or a PT or anything else having to do with sports injuries.

Assuming it's a groin (adductor) strain, it's a good sign that Darius seemed well enough to move around without obvious signs of pain.  They grade those 1st, 2nd, or 3rd degree.  Hopefully his is 1st degree -- which usually has a 1-2 week recovery time.

My completely uninformed and layman's guess is that his status will be up in the air throughout the week -- so a possibility that he'll play, but maybe slightly better chance he won't?

Speed hurt, Okereke hurt,Adams out for season, Leonard hurt...could leave Walker, Franklin and Glasgow if none can play and even worse zero LB on practice squad......I'm thinking we sign 1 body off the street and promote I have Najee Goode's cell just saying.....

On 10/5/2020 at 5:42 PM, holeymoley99 said:

Speed hurt, Okereke hurt,Adams out for season, Leonard hurt...could leave Walker, Franklin and Glasgow if none can play and even worse zero LB on practice squad......I'm thinking we sign 1 body off the street and promote I have Najee Goode's cell just saying.....

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2020/10/6/21505108/lb-najee-goode-visiting-colts-team-worked-out-a-few-dbs

I see my call to Najee to inquire about the spot lead to his visit....hopefully signing today