Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Season Tickets Renewals Hit A 10 Year Low

Lol its funny to see the ramifications of this attrocity sinking in. It's over. Forever. Ticket sales, national tv coverage, sponsorships, ESPN spoofs, and all the money and local attention to come with it. In 5 years the waiting list will be depleted.

Hey its a business, right. Consumers will not pay for an inferior product especially when its overpriced.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gave mine up before last season. Started traveling a lot for work so my Sundays are now spent with my daughter before hitting the road Monday. She is 20 months now, but got another on the way. Once they are a little older I plan to (or hope to) get tickets again. Should probably get back on the waiting list now.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 28, 2012 - Personal Shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 28, 2012 - Personal Shot

I don't buy it if Manning was still the QB here, people would still be renewing there season tickets.Yes gas prices and the economy probably had something to do with it. But gas prices and the economy was in bad shape for a few years now and everyone showed up.

Just goes to show you that half was just bandwagons fans those kind of people probably has no idea what football is. I know because I have a few bandwagon friends that said that they started watching football an because of Manning and now they won't watch football again.. Those people has no clue about football.

Like someone else said the die hard and the true Colts fans will always go and cheer on the team no matter what. Go Colts!

you probably should spend a little more time at school. Learn a little about sentence structure.

At 87% retention you are lossing 13% of your customers (i.e. fans) each year. That means in 5 years you have lost over HALF of your current customers and are relying upon new clients (i.e. fans) to fill those seats. The stadium is around 63K in seats, 13% of that is about 8000, or in other words the current waiting list. Thus if the trend continues we are talking blackouts in 2 years. In 2008 we were at around $25,000 on the list (first year Lucas Oil). In 2010 that dropped to around $16,000. You simply have more leaving thru the back door than you can shovel in the front door.

I just feel like Irsay has to see the math and has bet the farm on this. I just hope he's right.

YEAH BABY!!! maybe now I can swing in there and swoop me up some tickets. Cause when luck and the new era get in full swing all these blowhards will be trying to * up the season tickets again.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 28, 2012 - replying to deleted post
Hidden by Nadine, March 28, 2012 - replying to deleted post

So youre a Luck fan and not a Colt fan?

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day.

He was on record saying he would celebrate Manning's release and that the day they drafted Luck would be his greatest moment as a Colt fan or something along those lines..

I could expand on that but I'll be nice.

2-12

14-24 since the 3 heard brilliant comobo of Irsay/Polian/Caldwell decided to throw a shot at perfection away.

Throwing away the greatest quarterback the game has had.

What do you expect? An increase due to the the chance at the Mel Kiper flavor of the year?

I have no idea what any that means of what you just said

Listening to fans who are season ticket holders in other forums along with this one. Irsay knew what he was doing. If he had cut Peyton prior to the day the season ticket money was due....the drop would have been much greater. But as one season ticket holder wrote last week...that she was so mad and felt rejected was that the money was due 5 days before Peyton was cut. People can say what they want and sugar coat it but people are mad and sales will drop. On the other hand Denver is bracing for sales to go through the roof according to their web site. Its a matter of selling a good product for a reasonable price and people are hurt by the way it was handled...whether a true fan or fair weather fan.....it doesn't matter......Manning sells tickets....period.

So youre a Luck fan and not a Colt fan?

nope, not sure why you're adding that in. I'm a colt fan, if we draft luck I want to see every game he plays live. If not, Sunday ticket is good enough.

I'm sorry you are having issues with English.What part did you fail to understand?

I'm sorry you are having issues with English.What part did you fail to understand?

Was that really necessary? Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? .....Not trying to start a fight just wish people could be a little less grumpy on here. Didn't see the need for this.

Was that really necessary? Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed today? .....Not trying to start a fight just wish people could be a little less grumpy on here. Didn't see the need for this.

Kayla, I see your point and I respect that, but I didn't see the need in his remark as well. It was a pretty simple sentence that most should be able to understand what it meant. I certainly didn't see the need to translate it. Maybe my response was a little abrasive, but when you get told something you've said makes no sense, when it clearly does, it begs for a little bit of an abrasive response.Oh and to answer you question.. I think I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

All valid points. There was no doubt that last year was a rough year to witness (from the stands or from home). Even if I was contemplating the idea of not renewing, though, I would be inclined to weigh the danger of ending up on the end of a long waiting list (like many have over the last 8 or so years) in the equation. If the Colts do find a way to return to the same standard of greatness, and going to the games returns to a higher place in your list of priorities, you may find yourself on the outside looking in.

There are many ways to get a ticket and not all more expensive. I have never had season tickets because I can't logistically make even half the games with my work schedule and traveling. I will simply buy when I am around and if the product on the field warrants it. That is my logic and I am sure others have theirs. I imagine a good portion of those people that gave up their tickets felt that the value was no longer worth it..and 2-14, no Peyton and high octane offense, and the economy I am sure are all very good reasons.

Oh and cutting Peyton after the renewel of season tickets was pretty classless. Once he started down the road of rebuilding and firing everyone he knew what he was going to do with Peyton. He could have done it sooner easily but wanted the money. Just another way Irsay has come across dishonest through this whole Peyton thing.

I have no idea what any that means of what you just said

Gavin, I apologize for my previous post. What part of what I said did you not fully understand? I'll be more than happy to explain it.

I would be a season holder for sure if I didn't prefer to actually watch games with friends. I just prefer to relax chill out and enjoy the game at home or a nice sports bar with friends and family and watch the games with sound blasting on 50" 1080p HD TVs with an ample or endless supply of food and drinks. I still usually get out for a couple games a year though and will continue to do so next year.

Winning cures all, sales will jump back up eventually unless the Colts are horrendous for year and Luck or whoever turns out to be a bust.

Some because of the economy

Some because of last seasons record

Some because of the changes

Some because of the loss of Peyton

But how many will be truthful with the real reason? I doubt that any fan of any length of time other than this specific era would give up tickets because of the loss of Peyton.

Yes, but how many miles a day / week do you drive? Not uncommon here in the US to drive an hour each way to work so thats around 120 or so miles a day. That equates to filling up 2x a week at $80-100 a pop so thats $800 a month just on fuel cost for driving. I guess its a good thing everyone is umemployed many couldn't afford that. Thanks Obumba for your vision of hope and change. Gas was 1.86/g the day he was inaugurated.

Very true, though I should correct my numbers a bit, I must of been a bit tired last night! Checking on the way to work we pay around $2.30/litre which is a bit better than what I put last night.

Take your point though that you guys certainly drive further (surprising really as you actually have decent public transport), it's hard for a UK resident to gauge the scale of the US, you've got states bigger than our whole country ;) Time wise though a hour commute is not uncommon here, it's just a hour where you've not gone very far due to lack of decent infrastructure. For example it takes me 45 mins to drive 11 miles to work each day.

One thing that I do think we have over you is we've not been slow to embrace diesel cars, certainly helps on the fuel economy even if they do sound a little "chuggy".

The diehard Colts fans will still be there and the waiting list will take a hit and people who never got to get in to Lucas Oil Stadium will finally get their chance to enjoy a game with their families. These people can say (if Andrew Luck is as good as they are projecting) that they saw this guy his whole career and they can say everything about him that the others said about Peyton.

These inew ticket holders will be able to watch the team rebuild first hand and be part of the new resurgence of the Indianapolis Colts!

I really,really,really dislike this attitude that people don't renew because they are fairweather and all the assorted ^cowpatties^ that comes with it.You are a number that sends in the cash every year,that's what they appreciate.Half the tickets in that stadium are owned by ripoff artist ticket companies.I did not renew because I finally got priced out.I loved going to the games and hope to get back on the list sometime soon.The real reason there is going to be a big dropoff of ST holders is the fact that the Colt's have raised ticket prices about 100 percent in the Manning years.The cost of the food,parking,souvenirs,etc. have all went up drastically too.I started out paying 40 bucks a ticket and now its close to 80.Thats business and their right I suppose,but when things go downhill in a market like Indy,the you know what is going to hit the fan when the team stops winning big.The Colt's have definitely priced themselves out of a large portion of their market and there will be a price to pay.It may look like the early 90's or late 80's when you could move up 20 rows in the upper deck because nobody was there.To the guy who said the waiting list is over 9000,he must be looking at the 2009 report or something because there is no way.

I am not shocked by this. You throw in the economy, Peyton Manning being cut, and just the general changes and you see why it has gone down.

At first I thought oh it was just because we have fairweather fans and they are just jumping off the ship now Manning is gone, but the more I think about it I think the economy is just more to do with it. I am sure there are a good portion that are giving it up just because of Manning, but I think a vast majority probably just do not see it being worth it anymore financially.

I am a die hard Colts fan and I have not had season tickets nor do I really plan on getting them. I looked at how much I would have to spend on parking, two tickets, and other expenditures and compared it to the entertainment I was receiving and ultimately it is just not financially worth it. I can watch at home in a comfy chair, not have to worry about parking, lines at the bathroom, stupid drunken fans mad because my friend wore a different jersey, or over priced beer/food. I save a ton of money that can be used for a rainy day fund, vacation fund, and other things for the house.

At 87% retention you are lossing 13% of your customers (i.e. fans) each year. That means in 5 years you have lost over HALF of your current customers and are relying upon new clients (i.e. fans) to fill those seats. The stadium is around 63K in seats, 13% of that is about 8000, or in other words the current waiting list. Thus if the trend continues we are talking blackouts in 2 years.

I don't think you can call one year a trend. Your numbers may very well prove out, but assuming the 87% that renewed are able to weather the economic storm, there won't be this level of turnover again. If people were not going to renew, it seems this would be the perfect year to do that. So effectively one could say that 87% of the season ticket holders are in this for the long haul (barring unforeseen circumstances like a job loss). Look at what happened to the Pacers. The Colts are doing quite well in comparison.

I respect that people have different habits and different ways of enjoying their time at the game, but you don't have to spend $500 to attend. Don't get me wrong, it's still expensive but I don't buy concessions and I park a little further away. I pay $10 to park and have two tickets for $69 each. Total of $148 per game if my wife and I go and half that if I bring a buddy. For now it's worth it to me to keep my tickets and location. I had a friend with $125 tickets that didn't renew. I asked why he didn't just downgrade to cheaper tickets, but he didn't really have a good answer. I juts hope we don't have lots of empty seats like the last few games of 2011.

I dont know much about how it works on what section the seats are in or anything. Ill try to find what I can on the website.

put down 150 bucks and you are on the list,simple as pie.Colts.com has a section for tickets ,should be under that.Not sure how good the seats will be though.

I don't think you can call one year a trend. Your numbers may very well prove out, but assuming the 87% that renewed are able to weather the economic storm, there won't be this level of turnover again. If people were not going to renew, it seems this would be the perfect year to do that. So effectively one could say that 87% of the season ticket holders are in this for the long haul (barring unforeseen circumstances like a job loss). Look at what happened to the Pacers. The Colts are doing quite well in comparison.

the waiting list has been shrinking for years as the economy went south and the Colt's kept raising prices.That is a trend.In a couple years the ST holder waitlist will be nill,barring some miracle run.This team has some of the worst overrall talent in the league right now so I am not seeing that.