Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defensive stats

18 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't understand that Tiers one.  Can anybody explain that one to me please?

Basically the easiest way to explain it, the closest and highest at the middle the better.

• Like 1

I realize that (a) it's early, and (b) we've played 4

16 hours ago, CR91 said:

Basically the easiest way to explain it, the closest and highest at the middle the better.

The X-axis is offensive EPA -- farther to the right is better.

The Y-axis is defensive EPA -- higher is better.

If a team ended up in the upper right hand corner, they'd have both the best offense and best defense in the game (according to the "Expected Points Added" metric:  explained here by Brian Burke).  Basically, as far as "Tiers" go, you want your team to be in that farthest right band.  The only two teams in there on this chart are the Packers and Niners.  KC and LAR are close.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm so excited about Julian Blackmon, I didn't even think he'd be playing now let alone for him to be playing at this high of a level is unreal. If Turay can come in and bring solid pass rush opposite of Houston this defense could end up as a top 5 defense this year. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I'm so excited about Julian Blackmon, I didn't even think he'd be playing now let alone for him to be playing at this high of a level is unreal. If Turay can come in and bring solid pass rush opposite of Houston this defense could end up as a top 5 defense this year. 

Yeah, if we could just get the offense to perform better we'd be definite Super bowl contenders.