Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It was ugly but I’ll take it


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Shadow_Creek said:

i'm proud of this team great win indeed. I just hope we can figure out the redzone issue quickly though cause browns offense looking legit..

Play calling and line play have to get better.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what was Rock injury ther near the end.

Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

100%. A win is always the goal.

 

I am worried about that offense, especially in the redzone

Team badly misses Campbell, Pittman.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah offense played poorly, defense outstanding.

 

We are lacking a few playmakers in the skill positions, especially now that we are down Mack, Pittman and Campbell. TY is getting better but he clearly isn't the TY we knew from 2013 to 2018. You can see Reich trying to get Burton involved, it will take him a couple of games to get up to speed. Rivers is who he is.

 

I think we are going to need the defense to keep playing well to win. Our offense is just average now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JediXMan said:

Anyone know what was Rock injury ther near the end.

Team badly misses Campbell, Pittman.

Saw on Twitter it was non contact so that’s not good.  
 

Leonard has a groin injury and those are never good.  
 

Moore and Taylor also got banged up but came back in but Moore was limping.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bears were 3-0 coming into this game. It's not like we didn't beat a pretty good team. 

I am not going to rag on this team. They did control that game. 

Yep. We took care of business where it mattered. And how about the special teams unit? They’re not getting too much love but they’ve really played a big role in our wins this year. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bears were 3-0 coming into this game. It's not like we didn't beat a pretty good team. 

I am not going to rag on this team. They did control that game. 

Agreed, you’d never known that from the announcers though.  They were more pro-bears today than announcers normally are.  I wasn’t a fan of them it wasn’t until the Colts had the game won they finally admitted the Colts defense played great.  
 

A win is a win.  The Colts are 3-1.  Do they have problems?  Sure.  Is it fair to discuss those problems?  Sure.  Should we be happy that they are 3-1 and not nitpick everything to death?  Also true.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bestQBever said:

Offense feels like its right there. They don't look bad, they're just not converting when it really matters. Our situational offense is stopping us from dropping 30 pts per game

We have a very good team. Weve been the ones dictating and controlling the flow of the game in pretty much every contest. We just need to get our execution together and the way we are using our personnel. Should be dropping 30 a game or more. Really need to yake care of these red zone issues

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Saw on Twitter it was non contact so that’s not good.  
 

Leonard has a groin injury and those are never good.  
 

Moore and Taylor also got banged up but came back in but Moore was limping.  

Weird Reich only said their monitoring Leonard’s injury made no mention of Rock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

We have a very good team. Weve been the ones dictating and controlling the flow of the game in pretty much every contest. We just need to get our execution together and the way we are using our personnel. Should be dropping 30 a game or more. Really need to yake care of these red zone issues

Agreed offense needs some work but overall they are controlling the clock and still getting points.  All be it field goals.  They need to be a little better in the red zone but you can’t ask much more out of the defense and special teams right now.

Just now, JediXMan said:

Weird Reich only said their monitoring Leonard’s injury made no mention of Rock.

Hopefully it was just a cramp or something then.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Bears were 3-0 coming into this game. It's not like we didn't beat a pretty good team. 

I am not going to rag on this team. They did control that game. 

3-0 in soldier field with vs the (presumably) superior nick foles, and a very strong D.  This win was ugly but it was good none the less.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, krunk said:

My boy Blackmon put together a nice game today. Several breakups and a pick.

I was going to start another thread on this but since you brought him I’ll do it here.  He’s showing why the Colts spent a second rounder on him.  He’s done more in four weeks than Hooker has done in four years.

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

This wasn’t ugly. It was old school smash mouth play by BOTH defenses. And we came out on top. Heard after the game, Chicago number 3 on overall Defense, we were number 1 coming in. And both defenses played like it. Heck of a game really

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was going to start another thread on this but since you brought him I’ll do it here.  He’s showing why the Colts spent a second rounder on him.  He’s done more in four weeks than Hooker has done in four years.

He can surely lay the wood too

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, krunk said:

My boy Blackmon put together a nice game today. Several breakups and a pick.

Yeah, I'm all on the Blackmon hype train. He may be my favorite to watch so far this year. Just making big time,  well-timed, plays and hitting HARD. Love it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csmopar said:

This wasn’t ugly. It was old school smash mouth play by BOTH defenses. And we came out on top. Heard after the game, Chicago number 3 on overall Defense, we were number 1 coming in. And both defenses played like it. Heck of a game really

He can surely lay the wood too

It was an ugly game.  It doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good win for the Colts and it doesn’t mean the Colts defense wasn’t good.  They were and so was Chicago’s but it was ugly.  Still it takes NOTHING away from the Colts today.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston is that much better with Buckner . Imagine if we get Turay back after the bye.

 

Browns don’t have as tough as a defense but they can score. It will be another nice test for this defense. If we can get just this browns win then get Pittman and Turay back after the bye we will be in great shape the hard part of our schedule.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, krunk said:

My boy Blackmon put together a nice game today. Several breakups and a pick.

Your boy last week was Moe, Lol anyway Blackmon looks good!!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moe said:

Your boy last week was Moe, Lol anyway Blackmon looks good!!!

Lol! If you look at the Blackmon thread youll see it was me who started it the first time he balled out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Yeah, I'm all on the Blackmon hype train. He may be my favorite to watch so far this year. Just making big time,  well-timed, plays and hitting HARD. Love it.


Those 2 PBUs he had in the second half when he made those hits, you’d never see Hooker step up and hit with that sort of ferocity. I guarantee Hooker wouldn’t have made those plays. He is already better in my opinion. I love his playing style. He looks like a gem of a find by Chris Ballard.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, csmopar said:

This wasn’t ugly. It was old school smash mouth play by BOTH defenses. And we came out on top. Heard after the game, Chicago number 3 on overall Defense, we were number 1 coming in. And both defenses played like it. Heck of a game really

He can surely lay the wood too

Even though the running games weren't great for either team, with the defensive play where I'm from we call it an ol school slobberknocker lol. Red zone offense is my only real concern, we won't be able to settle for 3 all the time. Still some things to improve upon but a W. :helmet:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...