Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers vs. Brissett?

Indeee

9 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s not blind Rivers followers it’s that he’s being efficient.  Is he Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck at this point in his career?  No, but the Colts have put a team around him that doesn’t require him to be either.  He’s an upgrade over Jacoby and that’s what this team needed.

If efficient you mean barely able to throw a football accurately than he's your man. 

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, Rivers is Mike Pagel, it is all over :sarcasm:

Yeah I mean I get he's not Peyton, but there's a huge difference between a guy like Brissett and Rivers. If someone can't see that then that's on them.

2 minutes ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

If efficient you mean barely able to throw a football accurately than he's your man. 

He had a nearly 80% completion percentage coming into today’s game.  If that’s not accurate sign me up.

He played the number three ranked defense today without his second and third WR, with this top two tight ends working their way back from injury and without his starting running back.  He’s doing fine.  

27 minutes ago, Indyfan4life said:

Rivers is doing his job. Better than Brissett. Not really his fault that our guys drop balls and Hilton is playing like a shell of his former self. The idea was that Pittman would be our end zone threat. With him and Campbell being out, who is left? Every team is going to double Hilton/Doyle/Mac in the end zone now. 

Just relax and stop looking for things to complain about when we’re winning on all sides of the game right now. 

what did Hilton do wrong today. He was wide open and Rivers missed him. Most River throws down the field are LATE. Major QB problem.

Just now, JMichael557 said:

what did Hilton do wrong today. He was wide open and Rivers missed him. Most River throws down the field are LATE. Major QB problem.

Makes up for the dime Rivers dropped in lap in the Vikings game that Hilton dropped.  Point being players make bad plays here and there.  

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, by the eye test it is obvious. Rivers is better easily and I like JB.

Just to add on this..

Rivers won't be fooled by a look, intimidated if down in a game and he projects a great amount of confidence onto the team. 

Yes he has some bad throws, but if someone tells me Luck didn't have some ugly passes every game they're lying.

As long as Rivers doesn't become an interception machine we've got a chance with him every game.

1 minute ago, Samu-Rye said:

I was never a fan of getting Rivers,I still believe he will have us picking in the lower twenties . I am surprised the SPCA isnt all over him,the way he was throwing ducks all over the field. Lets be honest,he looked his age today. 

I’d agree today was his worst day as a Colt but let’s factor in a few things.  It’s one game, anyone can have a bad game.  He hasn’t looked this way in the other three games so I am not going to freak out over one game.  He was playing the number three ranked defense in the NFL that played well they need credit too.  He also has a very beat up offense.  Still some of his passes today were ugly.  If it happens beyond today then maybe it’s something to worry about.  One game vs a really good defense who did a good job getting him off his spot is not.

Will he have them picking in the lower 20’s?  He might very well and that means the Colts had a good year.  That’s the name of the game.  Playing to lose builds a bad culture and it’s hard to fix that that’s not what Ballard is trying to build.  

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Just to add on this..

Rivers won't be fooled by a look, intimidated if down in a game and he projects a great amount of confidence onto the team. 

Yes he has some bad throws, but if someone tells me Luck didn't have some ugly passes every game they're lying.

As long as Rivers doesn't become an interception machine we've got a chance with him every game.

I agree 100%. I feel like with him we are never out of it, that is how I felt Luck and definitely Peyton.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d agree today was his worst day as a Colt but let’s factor in a few things.  It’s one game, anyone can have a bad game.  He hasn’t looked this way in the other three games so I am not going to freak out over one game.  He was playing the number three ranked defense in the NFL that played well they need credit too.  He also has a very beat up offense.  Still some of his passes today were ugly.  If it happens beyond today then maybe it’s something to worry about.  One game vs a really good defense who did a good job getting him off his spot is not.

Will he have them picking in the lower 20’s?  He might very well and that means the Colts had a good year.  That’s the name of the game.  Playing to lose builds a bad culture and it’s hard to fix that that’s not what Ballard is trying to build.  

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

Archived