Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rivers vs. Brissett?

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The bears are really good on defense and he has one real weapon at WR who has not been playing well give him some slack.

I'm not busting on Rivers, I'm stating a fact... What is Rivers overall yards average through 4 games like 250 a game or less? That's Brissett production

• Haha 1

Rivers is doing his job. Better than Brissett. Not really his fault that our guys drop balls and Hilton is playing like a shell of his former self. The idea was that Pittman would be our end zone threat. With him and Campbell being out, who is left? Every team is going to double Hilton/Doyle/Mac in the end zone now. 

Just relax and stop looking for things to complain about when we’re winning on all sides of the game right now. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm not busting on Rivers, I'm stating a fact... What is Rivers overall yards average through 4 games like 250 a game or less? That's Brissett production

Go look at his yards per attempt. I think you will find he is light years better then Brissett was. More plays 20 yards or more.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Rivers had a near 80% completion percentage coming into today and can get the ball down the field.  That is not Jacoby level production.  He has so few yards because he doesn’t have to throw.  The one game he put it in the air 40 times he had two picks and the Colts lost.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Go look at his yards per attempt. I think you will find he is light years better then Brissett was. More plays 20 yards or more.

I'm sure that's true, but what is the overall average of yards per game? I understand we are running it a lot, but still, weren't you expecting Rivers to be at least 300 a game with at least 2-3 TD's each week?

4 minutes ago, Indeee said:

I'm sure that's true, but what is the overall average of yards per game? I understand we are running it a lot, but still, weren't you expecting Rivers to be at least 300 a game with at least 2-3 TD's each week?

No then we would have gotten Winston.. we need a smart QB that can read the D get the ball out fast, or hand it to the RB. We dont need a gunslinger.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheBlueAndWhite said:

Don't bother brother, too many blind rivers followers here. Not worth the effort to type. 

It’s not blind Rivers followers it’s that he’s being efficient.  Is he Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck at this point in his career?  No, but the Colts have put a team around him that doesn’t require him to be either.  He’s an upgrade over Jacoby and that’s what this team needed.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Why did we give up 18mil to Rivers to get Brissett production?

Week 5 upcoming and we have a much more expensive Brissett under center... :facepalm:

I don’t usually break this out, but dang man, enough already today. Enjoy the win.

:troll:

• Thanks 4
27 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Not sure you understand the difference between opinion and fact. 

28 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Do you watch the games? Or do you just look up stats? 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I don’t usually break this out, but dang man, enough already today. Enjoy the win.

:troll:

Yes I am over the people who feel like they have to trash the Colts every week.  They are 3-1 they are doing something right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
40 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Why did we give up 18mil to Rivers to get Brissett production?

Week 5 upcoming and we have a much more expensive Brissett under center... :facepalm:

Leadership 1

HOF for 2

Completion percentage for 3

1st 78.3

2nd 74.6

3rd 78.3

I can go on and on...

• Like 1