Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Colts need to trade for Gallup right now....


Recommended Posts

Gallup is becoming an afterthought in Dallas.  With Cooper, Lamb, and now Wilson, Dallas might be willing to move him and we desperately need a wide out of his caliber.

 

I'm thinking our 2nd would get him or a third and package player on defense as Dallas needs defense in the worst way. 

 

TY is finito... Love TY but something has been wrong going on 3 years now. We need a wide receiver bad!!

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Indeee said:

Gallup is becoming an afterthought in Dallas.  With Cooper, Lamb, and now Wilson, Dallas might be willing to move him and we desperately need a wide out of his caliber.

 

I'm thinking our 2nd would get him or a third and package player on defense as Dallas needs defense in the worst way. 

 

TY is finito... Love TY but something has been wrong going on 3 years now. We need a wide receiver bad!!

 

 

Eh....weak.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Gallup is becoming an afterthought in Dallas.  With Cooper, Lamb, and now Wilson, Dallas might be willing to move him and we desperately need a wide out of his caliber.

 

I'm thinking our 2nd would get him or a third and package player on defense as Dallas needs defense in the worst way. 

 

TY is finito... Love TY but something has been wrong going on 3 years now. We need a wide receiver bad!!

 

 

I’ll give you the TY thing. Something ain’t right and really kind of looks like what happened to Reggie Wayne his last year. Drops that don’t happen, not laying himself out. Just looks off

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, csmopar said:

Meh 

Ok you say Meh. Fine. Is he better than TY, Pascal or Pittman? Because that's who we are dealing with. I can easily say TY, Pascal, and Pittman... All Meh. Gallup has speed, size, and route running. If Lamb was not drafted he is easily this years Calvin Ridley.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Ok you say Meh. Fine. Is he better than TY, Pascal or Pittman? Because that's who we are dealing with. I can easily say TY, Pascal, and Pittman... All Meh. Gallup has speed, size, and route running. If Lamb was not drafted he is easily this years Calvin Ridley.

Haven’t seen enough of him to say. But what I have seen don’t convince me that he’s better than what we have enough to give up a 2nd

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Colts should've been 6-0 going into the bye week. They will be 5-1 at the bye as this pre-bye schedule is cake. Defense is actually playing really well, however we are in severe need of playmakers. We should've known that before the draft. I did. Some others might have as well, but if we are truly going to compete, we need a wide receiver NOW!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Haven’t seen enough of him to say. But what I have seen don’t convince me that he’s better than what we have enough to give up a 2nd

Honestly he is not WR1a Julio, but he can definitely be WR1b. He is one notch below or equal to Calvin Ridley

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Indeee said:

How many scored TD's?.... I will wait.....:thinking:

New QB, new WRs and no off season plays apart in this. That said, I am concerned with TYs rather quiet play

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We dont need receivers.

Rivers hit about 20 different ones today. 

Also, what game were you watching as the only receivers to catch passes today was Pascal and Hilton. You must have accidentally put a zero behind the 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, csmopar said:

New QB, new WRs and no off season plays apart in this. That said, I am concerned with TYs rather quiet play

Not to mention their second and third WRs are out hurt and their number one is in the biggest slump of his career.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Indeee said:

The Colts should've been 6-0 going into the bye week. They will be 5-1 at the bye as this pre-bye schedule is cake. Defense is actually playing really well, however we are in severe need of playmakers. We should've known that before the draft. I did. Some others might have as well, but if we are truly going to compete, we need a wide receiver NOW!!

Won’t matter with Reich and his sketchy play calling. 
 

I agree about the position needing more talent. We have a bunch of JAGs out there. Nobody that consistently gets open and makes plays. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Also, what game were you watching as the only receivers to catch passes today was Pascal and Hilton. You must have accidentally put a zero behind the 2

Johnson caught one as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GoColts8818 said:

Not to mention their second and third WRs are out hurt and their number one is in the biggest slump of his career.

 Two guys who are unproven! How anyone is counting Campbell as a playmaker at this point baffles me

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr.Debonair said:

Won’t matter with Reich and his sketchy play calling. 
 

I agree about the position needing more talent. We have a bunch of JAGs out there. Nobody that consistently gets open and makes plays. 

I was NOT a fan of franks play calling today.  Why on earth they are so determine to have Hines run it up the middle is beyond me.  Also he’s not a surprise anymore.  Teams know when he comes in the ball is coming his way and they sit on it.  
 

I feel like they have way over corrected from week two when Hines got next to no touches and Taylor had a big day and now they are trying to force Hines meanwhile Taylor continues to be very productive On the few touches he’s getting.
 

On top of that they need to ditch the second and long draw hand off teams sit on that too.  Use play action more.  The few times they did today they got good plays out of it.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

 Two guys who are unproven! How anyone is counting Campbell as a playmaker at this point baffles me

Because Campbell was their best WR in the one game he really played.  Pittman is rookie you have to let them play to become proven.  Very few second round picks walk in and are studs day one at WR.  Take away the off-season program and no pre-season and it’s near impossible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I dont want to trade any draft picks for who you think is our savior. 

 

That's fair but I don't think Gallup is a savior. He is just really good and we need someone really good compared to the not so good ones we currently have

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Gallup is becoming an afterthought in Dallas.  With Cooper, Lamb, and now Wilson, Dallas might be willing to move him and we desperately need a wide out of his caliber.

 

I'm thinking our 2nd would get him or a third and package player on defense as Dallas needs defense in the worst way. 

 

TY is finito... Love TY but something has been wrong going on 3 years now. We need a wide receiver bad!!

 

 

I would be fine getting Gallup on the team. He is a very good WR and would definitely be an upgrade. However, I would not give a second for him. I would offer a 4th and a player, but that's it. Remember, Deandre Hopkins was traded for a second, WR values aren't that high!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I was NOT a fan of franks play calling today.  Why on earth they are so determine to have Hines run it up the middle is beyond me.  Also he’s not a surprise anymore.  Teams know when he comes in the ball is coming his way and they sit on it.  
 

I feel like they have way over corrected from week two when Hines got next to no touches and Taylor had a big day and now they are trying to force Hines meanwhile Taylor continues to be very productive On the few touches he’s getting.
 

On top of that they need to ditch the second and long draw hand off teams sit on that too.  Use play action more.  The few times they did today they got good plays out of it.  

There seems to be no Imagination to the run game at all! Reich believes in his O-Line so much that he just thinks they can overpower everyone.

 

I don’t know what’s up with the RB rotation. Can’t get into a groove like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr.Debonair said:

There seems to be no Imagination to the run game at all! Reich believes in his O-Line so much that he just thinks they can overpower everyone.

 

I don’t know what’s up with the RB rotation. Can’t get into a groove like that.

Well with Taylor it works.  Hines not so much.  Wilkins is hit and miss but he is a much better fit for being the number two back behind Taylor.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Sorry. Missed that one catch by Johnson... So 3 receivers then... Still far from 20 different guys 

I believe the op was being a little sarcastic but was counting everyone who caught a pass today.  I think all three backs did, all three tight ends did and three WRs did.  That’s 9.  That’s a lot.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

I believe the op was being a little sarcastic but was counting everyone who caught a pass today.  I think all three backs did, all three tight ends did and three WRs did.  That’s 9.  That’s a lot.

Well to be fair, this post is about the wide receivers... I'm not counting RBs and TEs

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Well to be fair, this post is about the wide receivers... I'm not counting RBs and TEs

Well that poster was and last time I checked their yards catching count just as much as WRs do.  Who cares whose catching the ball as long as someone’s doing it?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

We dont need receivers.

Rivers hit about 20 different ones today. 


Correction!!! We need healthy receivers.

 

Whats with our WRs and terrible health several years in a row??

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Falcons keep losing, get Julio for a 2nd at the trade deadline. TY can become a #2 guy like Wayne did in his home stretch.


Another option from a losing team is a guy buried under the depth chart - Curtis Samuel, he shouldn’t cost more than a 5th. I know, I know another Buckeye but he can make plays too and has been healthier than Paris.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...