Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Behind The Scenes On Peyton's Search For New Team

I have never said I didn't support them signing another QB you just assumed that. You need to quit assuming I guess. haha

I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was claiming that you did not support the team signing another QB. I thought I did not assume that.

I thought I was just answering your question that there is absolutely no rule that prohibits fans from supporting PM, just as there is absolutely no rule that prohibits fans from supporting the team for signing a really good QB prospect in the draft. No assumptions.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering the economy I imagine food on the table is more important than jerseys. Speaking of disrespectful what about the Luck jerseys being worn last year to the games. That was disrespectful of the whole team.

So let me understand this correctly.

1) It is not disrespectful to current players on the team by wearing non-current player jerseys.....but

2) It is considered disrespectful to current players on the team by wearing non-current player jerseys?

Forgive me, but I think I am sensing a little of the goose./gander thing here.

So let me understand this correctly.

1) It is not disrespectful to current players on the team by wearing non-current player jerseys.....but

2) It is considered disrespectful to current players on the team by wearing non-current player jerseys?

Forgive me, but I think I am sensing a little of the goose./gander thing here.

It's ok to wear jerseys of past players - honoring history. To wear a jersey of a player who has not yet played for the team is an indication that you aren't supporting the current cast.

It's ok to wear jerseys of past players - honoring history. To wear a jersey of a player who has not yet played for the team is an indication that you aren't supporting the current cast.

I believe you have it...

So it's OK to wear past players' jerseys to games, but it is not OK to wear future players' jerseys to games? How does wearing any team jersey to games indicate that you are not supporting the team? I thought these jerseys are quite expensive, and the team profits from the sale of them.

I could wear a team jersey with FROG on the back and the number 99 on it. How is this not supporting the team?

I could wear a team jersey with Griffin III on the back and the number 10 on it. How is this not supporting the team?

I could wear a team jersey with Luck on the back and the number 12 on it. How is this not supporting the team?

Thanks that is what I was trying to say and you said it well my friend. :thmsup: :thmsup:

So it's OK to wear past players' jerseys to games, but it is not OK to wear future players' jerseys to games? How does wearing any team jersey to games indicate that you are not supporting the team? I thought these jerseys are quite expensive, and the team profits from the sale of them.

I could wear a team jersey with FROG on the back and the number 99 on it. How is this not supporting the team?

I could wear a team jersey with Griffin III on the back and the number 10 on it. How is this not supporting the team?

I could wear a team jersey with Luck on the back and the number 12 on it. How is this not supporting the team?

You know darn well it's because Luck hadn't been drafted yet and the only way to draft him was to suck badly enough to be the worst team in the league.

You know darn well it's because Luck hadn't been drafted yet and the only way to draft him was to suck badly enough to be the worst team in the league.

I think fans who put $$$ to buy a customized jersey to wear at games with Luck's name on it are fans who are supporting their team, and who are also sending a message to the team management who they should select in the upcoming draft to improve the team. I see nothing disrespectful in this.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - personal shot

What in the world is your point with this frivolous line of questioning UndecidedFrog? How many people can I get a rise out of today? This onslaught of questions doesn't even work as masterful examples of wit & sarcasm.

If you seriously cannot comprehend how wearing a QB's jersey that we haven't even drafted yet is not supporting the current Colts roster, then no amount of elaborate explanation will ever truly help you see the light.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion UndecidedFrog & I am entitled to perceive it as misguided logic. Thank you.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - personal argument
Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - personal argument

What in the world is your point with this frivolous line of questioning UndecidedFrog? How many people can I get a rise out of today? This onslaught of questions doesn't even work as masterful examples of wit & sarcasm.

If you seriously cannot comprehend how wearing a QB's jersey that we haven't even drafted yet is not supporting the current Colts roster, then no amount of elaborate explanation will ever truly help you see the light.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion UndecidedFrog & I am entitled to perceive it as misguided logic. Thank you.

You are entitled to perceive anything any which way you desire.

I think it is misguided to perceive that wearing a shirt whose exorbitant price guarantees the team a healthy profit, no matter what it says on the shirt, is not supporting the team. It may not support the current roster of players, but it certainly does support the team by making the team that much more profitable. The Colts team is much, much more than its current roster of players.

If, by choosing to put a highly-rated QB draft prospect's name on said exorbitantly priced shirt, the paying fan is making a suggestion to team management, I think the fan is well within his rights. Do you disagree?

Considering those "exorbitantly priced shirts" could have been Chinese knockoffs that can be purchased for 15.00 if you buy the right quantity, I wouldn't assume that the Colts received one penny for that show of disrespect. The NFL also limits on what can and can't go on the back of their customized jerseys.

Considering those "exorbitantly priced shirts" could have been Chinese knockoffs that can be purchased for 15.00 if you buy the right quantity, I wouldn't assume that the Colts received one penny for that show of disrespect. The NFL also limits on what can and can't go on the back of their customized jerseys.

Well said Firejim :highfive:

You are entitled to perceive anything any which way you desire.

I think it is misguided to perceive that wearing a shirt whose exorbitant price guarantees the team a healthy profit, no matter what it says on the shirt, is not supporting the team. It may not support the current roster of players, but it certainly does support the team by making the team that much more profitable. The Colts team is much, much more than its current roster of players.

If, by choosing to put a highly-rated QB draft prospect's name on said exorbitantly priced shirt, the paying fan is making a suggestion to team management, I think the fan is well within his rights. Do you disagree?

Yes, a fan can wear whatever attire they want to a football game no question. I agree 100%. However, we are talking about 2 entirely different topics here. Wearing a Luck jersey implies that our current roster is awful, athletes contributions on the current roster are meaningless & field of play are insignificant at best, & as a Luck fan base we want to mock you, taunt you, & belittle your sacrifices during the game.

Your current stance is more in line with economic disparity, a poor economy, low wages, no collective bargaining power, sweat shop foreign mass production, & an unwillingness to justify paying an outrageous high price for a specific players jersey. True team loyalty Vs. income disparity justification. I respect your opinion here UndecidedFrog, but they are 2 entirely different arguments not leading to the same justification at all IMO.

Yes, a fan can wear whatever attire they want to a football game no question. I agree 100%. However, we are talking about 2 entirely different topics here. Wearing a Luck jersey implies that our current roster is awful, athletes contributions on the current roster are meaningless & field of play are insignificant at best, & as a Luck fan base we want to mock you, taunt you, & belittle your sacrifices during the game.

Your current stance is more in line with economic disparity, a poor economy, low wages, no collective bargaining power, sweat shop foreign mass production, & an unwillingness to justify paying an outrageous high price for a specific players jersey. True team loyalty Vs. income disparity justification. I respect your opinion here UndecidedFrog, but they are 2 entirely different arguments not leading to the same justification at all IMO.

Actually, wearing a Luck jersey last season was pretty prescient and accurate as to the quality of play demonstrated to achieve the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft. I doubt very much that fans who were wearing Luck jerseys were implying that they wanted to mock, taunt or belittle the Colts. After all, they were wearing Colts jerseys. I see them as sending a message to team management that this is the player they should draft to improve the team.

My current stance has nothing to do with any economic disparity. My point was that fans who bought Luck jerseys paid a lot of money for them, and those profits go towards supporting the team. Your perspective of my stance is truly unwarranted.

And of course, you have some solid evidence to support your conjecture that this was the case?

Yes, it is all subjective at times.

And this upcoming season, when there are fans wearing jerseys of a QB who no longer plays for the team, shall we interpret them as fans who aren't supporting the QB under center as well?

You see, it is all a matter of perspective.

Peace, Love and Football. :)

Well, a lot of folks already do. ;)

I'm hoping to find a message board home once the season starts. Giants is really dull right now - not a lot to talk about after a superbowl win. Here, I try to stay to myself in NFL general and it still turns into a battle about Luck/Manning/Irsay. Over at the Broncos board every single thread dissolves into an argument about Tebow. I'm like Peyton sleeping at the Denver complex - in between homes. :)

I'm hoping to find a message board home once the season starts. Giants is really dull right now - not a lot to talk about after a superbowl win. Here, I try to stay to myself in NFL general and it still turns into a battle about Luck/Manning/Irsay. Over at the Broncos board every single thread dissolves into an argument about Tebow. I'm like Peyton sleeping at the Denver complex - in between homes. :)

Back to the original topic here..... Thank you for posting the article. Several of us really enjoyed reading it. Sorry this thread went so haywire....

And of course, you have some solid evidence to support your conjecture that this was the case?

As much as you do that it isn't. Unless you were one of those guys in that specific picture.

My guess is that someone had ordered some and was peddling them outside the stadium in Nashville and that group bought them. Of course there could have been a concerted effort to make an order like that.

Heck, there is no proof that they are even Colts fans. Might have looked at it as a joke and said why not. Those were fairly expensive seats.

Yeah it sucks that this thread was sunk in some toxic creek.

Actually, wearing a Luck jersey last season was pretty prescient and accurate as to the quality of play demonstrated to achieve the #1 overall pick in the upcoming draft. I doubt very much that fans who were wearing Luck jerseys were implying that they wanted to mock, taunt or belittle the Colts. After all, they were wearing Colts jerseys. I see them as sending a message to team management that this is the player they should draft to improve the team.

My current stance has nothing to do with any economic disparity. My point was that fans who bought Luck jerseys paid a lot of money for them, and those profits go towards supporting the team. Your perspective of my stance is truly unwarranted.

Let me get this straight UndecidedFrog, you are trying to tell me in all seriousness that fans who choose to purchase expensive Andrew Luck jerseys prior to the April NFL draft are somehow wise fortune tellers who can see into the future & predict the longevity & success of this franchise? By that line of logic, & I use the term loosely, everytime I buy a hotdog, nachos, & a beer at Lucas Oil Stadium I am solidifying that the Colts will draft a nose take & conerback this year too? Wow!!! Who knew consession food purchases qualified me as a fortuneteller too. Simply amazing!!!

If I misinterpreted your stance please enlighten me UndecidedFrog with your omnipresent wisdom & intellect, because I fail to grasp your essential argument that has more holes in it than a slice of swiss cheese.

First, you tell me that fans should be allowed to wear whatever they want to a game. Next, you tell me that people who purchase Luck jerseys are supporting their team by buying a player jersey that isn't even on our roster yet but that's okay because they have the 6th sense to see into the future [if Irsay selects RG3 that neat little theory of yours flushes right down the toilet]. Third, Jim Irsay hires an entire team of scouts, coordinators, chief financial officers, lawyers, a GM & a head coach to make final roster decisions & changes but according to you "the fans are sending a message to team management [i.e. Jim Irsay] that this is the player they should draft to improve the team." Please tell me that you are not that naive UndecidedFrog. Irsay pays these high salaries to individuals on staff to pull the trigger on draft decisions not the fans okay. Who are you kidding?!! Jersey sales will never serve as a precursor to a #1 NFL draft pick for a team franchise but a scouting & medical report on a #1 NFL QB prospect might tilt the scale for a team owner though.

Again, I do value your opinion UndecidedFrog & I am really trying to comprehend your truthful perspective here, but I know a couple of doctoral professors who would have difficulty grasping your line of reasoning as well.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - part of the argument
Hidden by Nadine, April 4, 2012 - part of the argument

Let me get this straight UndecidedFrog, you are trying to tell me in all seriousness that fans who choose to purchase expensive Andrew Luck jerseys prior to the April NFL draft are somehow wise fortune tellers who can see into the future & predict the longevity & success of this franchise? By that line of logic, & I use the term loosely, everytime I buy a hotdog, nachos, & a beer at Lucas Oil Stadium I am solidifying that the Colts will draft a nose take & conerback this year too? Wow!!! Who knew consession food purchases qualified me as a fortuneteller too. Simply amazing!!!

You are mistaken again.

What I am trying to tell you is that fans who chose to purchase Luck jerseys last season did so to send a message to the team management to draft Luck in the upcoming draft to improve the team. These fans probably did not purchase these jerseys prior to the first game of the season, but probably far enough along in the 2-14 season, to become convinced that the team needed help to succeed.

First, you tell me that fans should be allowed to wear whatever they want to a game. Next, you tell me that people who purchase Luck jerseys are supporting their team by buying a player jersey that isn't even on our roster yet but that's okay because they have the 6th sense to see into the future [if Irsay selects RG3 that neat little theory of yours flushes right down the toilet]. Third, Jim Irsay hires an entire team of scouts, coordinators, chief financial officers, lawyers, a GM & a head coach to make final roster decisions & changes but according to you "the fans are sending a message to team management [i.e. Jim Irsay] that this is the player they should draft to improve the team." Please tell me that you are not that naive UndecidedFrog. Irsay pays these high salaries to individuals on staff to pull the trigger on draft decisions not the fans okay. Who are you kidding?!! Jersey sales will never serve as a precursor to a #1 NFL draft pick for a team franchise but a scouting & medical report on a #1 NFL QB prospect might tilt the scale for a team owner though.

You are mistaken again.

1) I said that fans are (not should be) allowed to wear whatever they want to a game.

2) I said that fans who purchase customized player jerseys from the team that happen to have Luck's name and number on it are indeed supporting the team by paying an exorbitant price for those customized jerseys.

3) Yes, Mr, Irsay does hire a whole bunch of people to make decisions for the team, and when they do not make the correct decisions, they get fired. Case in point was what happened this off-season, where he replaced the Vice Chairman, the GM, the HC, and most of the coaching staff. If any of that was instigated by messages sent by fans, either through their clothing or their tweets or their letters, that's great. If any of that was instigated by another method, or other means or other people, that's great too.

4) I never claimed that jersey sales are a precursor to picking any player in the draft. What odd notions you derived from my posts.

Again, I do value your opinion UndecidedFrog & I am really trying to comprehend your truthful perspective here, but I know a couple of doctoral professors who would have difficulty grasping your line of reasoning as well.

Forgive me for not believing you when you claim that you value my opinion. The evidence shows me that you purposefully misconstrue them.

However, you are entitled to your opinion, but you are not entitled to denigrate mine.

Posted · Hidden by shecolt, April 4, 2012 - insulting
Hidden by shecolt, April 4, 2012 - insulting

Forgive me for not believing you when you claim that you value my opinion. The evidence shows me that you purposefully misconstrue them.

The evidence clearly shows you are a ineffective communicator who cannot articulate his viewpoints in a brief, concise, & initial matter & that you despise being challenged. Stay away from any post graduate schooling. You would never survive logical rhetoric & debate before a thesis doctoral committee UndecidedFrog. I have more pressing matters to attend to now.

Somehow, this thread has gone way off topic and has become a discussion about proper jersey etiquette.

Makes me miss the days of the Manning :manning: vs. Brady :brady: threads and I didn't think I would ever say that.

My apologies to the OP for closing what should have been a great thread.