Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts game pushed back to 4:25pm tomorrow

Dogg63

2 hours ago, Patrick Miller said:

No offense but I don't think masks do jack squat. I live next to a county that started a mandate about mid-July... Since then cases have skyrocketed. Most masks people are wearing are not medical grade anyway..... A lot of people are wearing neck gaiters ...which all they do is keep out the wind and dust. Wear a mask if it makes you feel better but it isn't going to protect you. Might as well wear goggles too. As far as the NFL players getting Covid I thought that was why we increased the rosters..... If it keeps up like this maybe they'll just cancel the entire season.

A mask doesn't just keep things from getting into your system but also lowers the velocity of the air coming out of your mouth. so the germs you contribute to the world have a smaller radius than they would if you weren't wearing a mask.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, shakedownstreet said:

Apparently the mask makes you much less likely to spread it than to catch it. Either way it's vital everyone do their part so we can get the economy going again

I’m with you.   The economy won’t and can’t return ti nearly what it was until we flatten Covid and truly get ahead if it.   

Until then..........    

(Just saying.....) 

19 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Soooooo this is a Covid discussion now?

It's gone a little off the rails, but covid is what put the Colts into the 4:25 time slot. It's just starting to affect NFL football

The more it affects our lives like this, the more these threads will turn into covid discussions :)

3 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

It's gone a little off the rails, but covid is what put the Colts into the 4:25 time slot. It's just starting to affect NFL football

The more it affects our lives like this, the more these threads will turn into covid discussions :)

I see them as PSAs and informative 

I can't watch it until the game is over, because I have Game Pass, which is much cheaper than Sunday Ticket, and doesn't require AT&T service, both of which made the choice a no brainier. I had been watching games time delayed on Sunday Ticket for years, anyway, so I don't have to suffer through all the interminable commercial breaks in the games, so Game Pass was an easy choice to switch for me. But it does mean that I have to now wait another 3 and a half hours to watch this game.

I can listen to the radio broadcast live, though, which I sometimes do. Those are nice because you get the game called from your team's perspective, which almost always is more informed about your team than a national broadcast is.

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

SMH.... 

updated coverage map. 

the green is the Colts/Bears

04-CBS-L-V2.png

My god I see that too. I assume you must not be lower Georgia :D

1 minute ago, AZColt11 said:

Well on the predictions thread one of the things I said was the NFL won't have a 16 game schedule.  I'm sticking by that claim.  Still, if they can get 10-12 in that's a decent season.

I'm still betting on 16 outside the worse covid scenario

2 hours ago, bestQBever said:

A mask doesn't just keep things from getting into your system but also lowers the velocity of the air coming out of your mouth. so the germs you contribute to the world have a smaller radius than they would if you weren't wearing a mask.

Comical that some can’t understand the elementary commonsense of mask wearing.

The intelligence level of this country is embarrassing.

15 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

My god I see that too. I assume you must not be lower Georgia :D

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Darn! I'm  in West Palm Beach  viewing area and still not getting Colts game.

Yup, I'm screwed. You'd think my area would simply play the game with an NFC team, or AFC south team.. But nope...

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Feel sorry for everyone that is outside of the Indianapolis window

Always a way to stream. Just stinks it's not as easy as turning on my cable.

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Darn! I'm  in West Palm Beach  viewing area and still not getting Colts game.

Game pass baby!  Best $100 you can spend.  I’ve had nfl ticket since 1998.  Dropped it this year for game pass and VERY happy i did.  Whether iwatch game at 1pm or 3 hrs later is immaterial.

plus, with some cables, i can still record the games to dvd for my Colts game “library.”

The coaches film (all 22) is my new addiction

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Rewatching Trump and Biden debate masks is even more hilarious in hindsight considering how it turned out for the Donald. Morale of the story...Wear your masks folks. 

On topic...Sucks that we now have to wait till after four to watch the Colts.  

That's a pretty good summary of the entire thread/subject

1 hour ago, PrideOfAthens17 said:

I can't watch it until the game is over, because I have Game Pass, which is much cheaper than Sunday Ticket, and doesn't require AT&T service, both of which made the choice a no brainier. I had been watching games time delayed on Sunday Ticket for years, anyway, so I don't have to suffer through all the interminable commercial breaks in the games, so Game Pass was an easy choice to switch for me. But it does mean that I have to now wait another 3 and a half hours to watch this game.

I can listen to the radio broadcast live, though, which I sometimes do. Those are nice because you get the game called from your team's perspective, which almost always is more informed about your team than a national broadcast is.

My thoughts exactly.

Plus, i find iget a heck of alot more “work” done on Sundays.

Additionally, withnfl ticket, icould watch 1 game and dvr 1. That means manygames i would miss.  With game pass, i can watch ANY game (or radio feed or all 22, or condensed) at ANY time.  Even weeks later. I like to watch the previous game of our next opponent prior to us playing them.  Its great to get a feelfor them before we play them to see strength, weaknesses, players, etc.

A Win - win all around.

10 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

You may think it's restricted to the U.S. Oh no. It's a global phenomenon

The asian countries sure seem to “get it.”  It just seems, and facts (numbers) show we are worse here.   There is mainly ONE reason(or person) that is behind it and driving the stupidity.

15 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Comical that some can’t understand the elementary commonsense of mask wearing.

The intelligence level of this country is embarrassing.

I’m gonna start by saying I’m okay with mask wearing and do when out in town or around non family.

that said, my unit was briefed in April that they weren’t able to confirm that any masks outside of our M40s series would actually work to slow or stop the spread of anything.  So please, tell me how a cut up t-shirt or a scarf or a a couple layers of cotton will guarantee reduce it? 

so why do I wear one? Well, honestly it’s mostly just so I don’t have to deal with anyone judging or getting bent out of shape over not wearing it. Do I think that a piece of clothe is going today stop the most deadly virus since the Spanish flu? Nope, not at all. But i also get that others are scared crap less right now so I’m okay with wearing it to help qualm some of those fears.   

4 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

The asian countries sure seem to “get it.”  It just seems, and facts (numbers) show we are worse here.   There is mainly ONE reason(or person) that is behind it and driving the stupidity.

Careful... starting to teeter on that political line. 

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I’m gonna start by saying I’m okay with mask wearing and do when out in town or around non family.

that said, my unit was briefed in April that they weren’t able to confirm that any masks outside of our M40s series would actually work to slow or stop the spread of anything.  So please, tell me how a cut up t-shirt or a scarf or a a couple layers of cotton will guarantee reduce it? 

so why do I wear one? Well, honestly it’s mostly just so I don’t have to deal with anyone judging or getting bent out of shape over not wearing it. Do I think that a piece of clothe is going today stop the most deadly virus since the Spanish flu? Nope, not at all. But i also get that others are scared crap less right now so I’m okay with wearing it to help qualm some of those fears.   

Careful... starting to teeter on that political line. 

Put some paint inyour mouth.  Then put a mask on... any mask. Thenblow out.  Commonsense.

oops on theborder line political, but our heads in the sand is part of the problem. But i hear you, this isnt the place... just frustrating to see what some fall for.

I’ll do better avoiding those topics.

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Put some paint inyour mouth.  Then put a mask on... any mask. Thenblow out.  Commonsense.

oops on theborder line political, but our heads in the sand is part of the problem. But i hear you, this isnt the place... just frustrating to see what some fall for.

I’ll do better avoiding those topics.

It’s all good. Just don’t wanna see you get hemmed up over it. The thing is, if I’ve learned anything during my military days, it’s that if one needs someone to tell them to do something that is common sense and they expect to hear that from the chain of command, no matter who it is, then they are already screwed.

just one thing, paint molecules are much, much larger than a virus.  

9 minutes ago, Moe said:

I don’t get all the hate with time change, to me this works much better?

Well, it should be better weather conditions.  But I think some people can't watch due to working.  Changing things sux.  But for me personally, I like it.  I LOVE watching RedZone during the frantic early games and then getting to tune in to watch my team later.

4 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I feel sorry for anyone who doesn’t live in the Indianapolis window or have ST

i got sunday ticket after i moved to new jersey .  its worth it being able to watch every game .  you dont need direct tv.  that was my biggest fear after leaving indiana for college .  Now you dont even have to get direct tv .   I live in new jersey now and if i did not have sunday ticket im stuck with the eagles and jets and giants every week .  horrible choices .

24 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Well, it should be better weather conditions.  But I think some people can't watch due to working.  Changing things sux.  But for me personally, I like it.  I LOVE watching RedZone during the frantic early games and then getting to tune in to watch my team later.

For me it is that it now it directly conflicts with the WNBA

@Moe

Archived