Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts game pushed back to 4:25pm tomorrow


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Man, we ain't building rockets here.  The concept is simple - if you put a barrier between the outlets that produce the droplets that carry the virus, it reduces the transmission.  It is not full proo

No offense, but I find your unqualified and unsupported comments exceptionally ill informed, and does jack squat to help people.   First, this video changed has a physicians position on mask

This has apparently been pushed into the slot that the NE-KC game was in. That game has been postponed due to covid positives on both NE and KC teams. That game was scheduled to be played tomorrow at 4:25pm on CBS.

 

I assume the Colts-Bears game will be on CBS.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I'm sure cam was doing everything he could. Just hard to run from germs.

 

We all are trying, but we are all human. I cannot count the times I've heard "I only let my guard down for {insert minimal amount of time here} with my closest friends"  I can name Jillian Michael and Duane "the Rock" Johnson immediately for just two.  I can only restate what Dr. Maggie Hagan, infectious disease specialist says-

 

“I think many people are trying. I think people are getting the message and trying to be safe. But I want people to understand that it’s not just when you go to Dillons (or name any store here) that you got to wear the mask. It’s when you go anywhere to be around any people other than who lives in your household. And when you have someone live in your household, if they choose to go and be around other people without masking, then they are a potential source, even though they live in your household.

 

 

Fitness mogul Jillian Michaels- "The reality is, I literally let my guard down for an hour, with one of my best friends who does my hair and makeup, and got it. It’s just that simple. So, if you’re not in a mask and that person is not in a mask, and they have COVID and have no idea, because by the way, I had no idea that I had it for six days, my friend had no idea that she had when she gave it to me. Anticipate that you will likely get it in an environment like that,”

 

the Rock Johnson- Johnson admitted on his Instagram account that the person who passed the virus to him and his family “had no idea” that they were infected.“I am also incredibly disciplined,” Johnson said. “I’m extremely disciplined when it comes to health, when it comes to to best practices, when it comes to safety measures for my family and for my loved ones and my friends and people who I care about.”  But he let his guard down.

 

Getting complacent happens, especially with trusted friends and loved ones. That's when you can easily 'get it'. I really try to guard myself.  I'm going to a 'marriage night' sponsored by our church.  Believe me, I'll have my N95 and sanitizer and maintain distance, yet try to enjoy the night with my wife and other like minded folks.  I do not want to be one of those "I always do the right thing, but slipped up this one time" ... guy. (We are phase 3 in FL, and no mask mandates here...)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The networks recognize our game as a primetime game at least. We may have been 2nd in line but it is what it is. Colts are 2-1 playing the 3-0 Bears.

 

The only other game at that time is Bills-Raiders.  The KC-Pats game was to cover 85-90% late slot viewing market.  I expect CBS won't change that?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No offense but I don't think masks do jack squat. I live next to a county that started a mandate about mid-July... Since then cases have skyrocketed. Most masks people are wearing are not medical grade anyway..... A lot of people are wearing neck gaiters ...which all they do is keep out the wind and dust. Wear a mask if it makes you feel better but it isn't going to protect you. Might as well wear goggles too. As far as the NFL players getting Covid I thought that was why we increased the rosters..... If it keeps up like this maybe they'll just cancel the entire season.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

The only other game at that time is Bills-Raiders.  The KC-Pats game was to cover 85-90% late slot viewing market.  I expect CBS won't change that?

The Pats/Chiefs game has been cancelled, they could've moved any of the 1pm games to 425pm and they chose our game. That is where I was going with my post. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

We all are trying, but we are all human. I cannot count the times I've heard "I only let my guard down for {insert minimal amount of time here} with my closest friends"  I can name Jillian Michael and Duane "the Rock" Johnson immediately for just two.  I can only restate what Dr. Maggie Hagan, infectious disease specialist says-

 

“I think many people are trying. I think people are getting the message and trying to be safe. But I want people to understand that it’s not just when you go to Dillons (or name any store here) that you got to wear the mask. It’s when you go anywhere to be around any people other than who lives in your household. And when you have someone live in your household, if they choose to go and be around other people without masking, then they are a potential source, even though they live in your household.

 

 

Fitness mogul Jillian Michaels- "The reality is, I literally let my guard down for an hour, with one of my best friends who does my hair and makeup, and got it. It’s just that simple. So, if you’re not in a mask and that person is not in a mask, and they have COVID and have no idea, because by the way, I had no idea that I had it for six days, my friend had no idea that she had when she gave it to me. Anticipate that you will likely get it in an environment like that,”

 

the Rock Johnson- Johnson admitted on his Instagram account that the person who passed the virus to him and his family “had no idea” that they were infected.“I am also incredibly disciplined,” Johnson said. “I’m extremely disciplined when it comes to health, when it comes to to best practices, when it comes to safety measures for my family and for my loved ones and my friends and people who I care about.”  But he let his guard down.

 

Getting complacent happens, especially with trusted friends and loved ones. That's when you can easily 'get it'. I really try to guard myself.  I'm going to a 'marriage night' sponsored by our church.  Believe me, I'll have my N95 and sanitizer and maintain distance, yet try to enjoy the night with my wife and other like minded folks.  I do not want to be one of those "I always do the right thing, but slipped up this one time" ... guy. (We are phase 3 in FL, and no mask mandates here...)

You can catch it while wearing a mask.   

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

No offense but I don't think masks do jack squat. I live next to a county that started a mandate about mid-July... Since then cases have skyrocketed. Most masks people are wearing are not medical grade anyway..... A lot of people are wearing neck gaiters ...which all they do is keep out the wind and dust. Wear a mask if it makes you feel better but it isn't going to protect you. Might as well wear goggles too. As far as the NFL players getting Covid I thought that was why we increased the rosters..... If it keeps up like this maybe they'll just cancel the entire season.

 

No offense, but I find your unqualified and unsupported comments exceptionally ill informed, and does jack squat to help people.

 

First, this video changed has a physicians position on masks (to supporting using them now)

 

 

Then you have-


https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

 

Then the FAU study

https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

 

The NIH study

https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measure/my-stay-home-lab-shows-how-face-coverings-can-slow-spread-disease

 

and

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440799/

 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

 

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/cdc-director-masks-may-protect-people-better-than-future-covid-19-vaccine/

 

I can keep going, but no need.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You can catch it while wearing a mask.   

 

There's a lot more to it,  that you conveniently leave out. Full mask research results from Infectious Disease specialist and Professor of Medicine at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Dr. Monica Gandhi.  Full details here (repeat from above, but needs repeating!)-

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The Pats/Chiefs game has been cancelled, they could've moved any of the 1pm games to 425pm and they chose our game. That is where I was going with my post. 

 

Got it. We'll truly see by whether they change around viewing markets (Like I have to watch Bills-Raiders rather than the Colts on TV here in SWFL) because I was scheduled to get Chiefs - Pats game here.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Got it. We'll truly see by whether they change around viewing markets (Like I have to watch Bills-Raiders rather than the Colts on TV here in SWFL) because I was scheduled to get Chiefs - Pats game here.

Yeah that will still be interesting in your case, you may still get Bills/Raiders? I would think most now will get Colts/Bears.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Got it. We'll truly see by whether they change around viewing markets (Like I have to watch Bills-Raiders rather than the Colts on TV here in SWFL) because I was scheduled to get Chiefs - Pats game here.

 Hopefully you get the Colts.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah that will still be interesting in your case, you may still get Bills/Raiders? I would think most now will get Colts/Bears.

 

I was supposed to get Chiefs-Pats.  Will I get Colts-Bears, or Bills-Raiders? I don't know now.  Of course I hope Colts so I can stay home.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

There's a lot more to it,  that you conveniently leave out. Full mask research results from Infectious Disease specialist and Professor of Medicine at UCSF (University of California, San Francisco) Dr. Monica Gandhi.  Full details here (repeat from above, but needs repeating!)-

 

 

My point is,   wearing a mask reduces the chances.   It doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting it. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

My point is,   wearing a mask reduces the chances.   It doesn't eliminate the possibility of getting it. 

 

Keeping this short, viral load is the key.  The lower (less virus particles) you take in, the less ill you will get.  There are many ways to reduce the viral load... we've heard them. the farther away from someone, the less you get (social/physical distancing).  If they wear a mask, you get less. If you wear a mask, you still get less (varies by mask type/construction, but all stop most droplets, less effective but still filters aerosols. If both wear a mask both could get way less, etc...  it's proven in the science, and I've listed all of the science links in a post above.

 

Another point is, some people wearing masks that may get the virus, but do so at concentrations so low that T cells and B cells eventually recognize it as an invader and knock it out before the virus replicates out of control (and the person realizes they even have it).  They never develop symptoms, nor antibodies, as their body does not need to in the near term.  Those memory T cells and B cells are even more alerted and at the ready now for any potential re-infection. Finding this type of response may be very high in many asymptomatic infections.

 

k0mXvKI.jpg

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

 

Yes. Your anecdotal story strikes me as much more compelling than the opinion of the global health community

Yeah bc they've been so accurate so far right? I'm going by what I've seen living between to big cities that both had/have mask mandates and the cases increased. 

46 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

No offense, but I find your unqualified and unsupported comments exceptionally ill informed, and does jack squat to help people.

 

First, this video changed has a physicians position on masks (to supporting using them now)

 

 

Then you have-


https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

 

Then the FAU study

https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

 

The NIH study

https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measure/my-stay-home-lab-shows-how-face-coverings-can-slow-spread-disease

 

and

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440799/

 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/cdc-director-masks-may-protect-people-better-than-future-covid-19-vaccine/

 

I can keep going, but no need.

46 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

No offense, but I find your unqualified and unsupported comments exceptionally ill informed, and does jack squat to help people.

 

First, this video changed has a physicians position on masks (to supporting using them now)

 

 

Then you have-


https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

 

Then the FAU study

https://www.fau.edu/newsdesk/articles/efficacy-facemasks-coronavirus.php

 

The NIH study

https://www.nist.gov/blogs/taking-measure/my-stay-home-lab-shows-how-face-coverings-can-slow-spread-disease

 

and

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440799/

 

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2007800

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/news/cdc-director-masks-may-protect-people-better-than-future-covid-19-vaccine/

 

I can keep going, but no need.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Patrick Miller said:

Believe what you want bud. Wear a mask the rest of your life if u want. Free country.

pretty sure no one thinks a mask will make you immune to getting the virus

 

they are just supposed to help

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I hope the roof is open at Soldier Field to mitigate the potential spread of coronavirus. Although I think horses and bears aren't susceptible 

I keep telling people the shower cap is the key by golly Church Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon, ok joking but I should go over to my mom's like this haha

 

I think gloves are important on a serious note because you may touch something that 100 hundred people have touched when you are out grocery shopping for example or at work. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I keep telling people the shower cap is the key by golly Church Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon, ok joking but I should go over to my mom's like this haha

 

I think gloves are important on a serious note because you may touch something that 100 hundred people have touched when you are out grocery shopping for example or at work. 

I can’t wear gloves so I use a lot of hand cleaning and of possible avoid touching things

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

First, this video has changed a physicians position on masks (to supporting using them now)

 

 

Dude, thanks for posting this. That's a very compelling conversation. I have forwarded it to family and coworkers. I love how they discuss it completely non-politically.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The concept that being forced to wear a mask infringes peoples human rights and their ‘freedom’ is up there with people who believed Curtis Painter was a good QB. Those that think maskS ‘do jack squat’ have the intellect of a gnat. And I am being kind. 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Popular Now

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Tom Brady has now been in a Super Bowl for 1/3 of my life... 
    • Consensus formed last year too, about Rivers coming here ... and he did!   I am hoping lightning strikes twice about growing consensus and Stafford becomes reality, maybe getting here at a bit less of a price, with Rodgers apparently now being in play.
    • Ok but why would that be a reason for the fans to be excited and/or satisfied? I'm a fan, not a pro QB. As an example, using the Bills, I have witnessed the Bills in the past three years go get John Brown, Cole Beasley, and Stephon Diggs, and even though Brown might be moving on from the Bills this offseason(if they release him) based on Davis stepping up, those three guys are light years ahead of what the Colts have and here's the kicker... The Colts could have had them ALL. One each year just like the Bills. A solid set of the entire WR tree on full display yet the Colts have chose to just grab a guy here and there with no plan.... This is the issue concerning the wideouts and it has to be changed immediately before any QB talk should ensue
    • I'd prefer to wait until after 2021 before guaranteeing him more money. 
    • As far as I know there's exactly zero credible or substantiated rumors about those first 3 rings.  a few insane people refuse to let go of a long-since walked back rumor by bitter Rams players about some kind of locker room bugging incident, that's pretty much the extent of it.  As far as I know Marshall Faulk is literally the only man in the world that actually believes them.   The two big cheating scandals with any legs to them are the 2007 Spygate thing, which obviously has no net effect on Brady's legacy because it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Brady, Belichick got smacked down for a technical violation for exactly how he was taping a walkthrough that everyone else was taping too.  It was a front office gaffe almost exclusively.   And then there's Deflategate, which frankly in my experience turned into more and more and more of an absolute nothing the more I learned about it.    Best case scenario?  Footballs were deflated, a crime so egregious it happens or is accused of happening nearly every year (IIRC since Deflategate, all of the Steelers, Jets, Giants, Seahawks, Broncos and Bears have had either minor PSI irregularities in their footballs or been accused of having them)   Worst case scenario?  The PSI were actually irregular due to the unusually cold weather in the game, and the league bungled the measurements and then tried so hard to refuse to admit it that they dragged one of their stars through the mud for years over what's ultimately an extremely minor violation of the rules.   Not actually sure which I prefer, but neither looks particularly good, and starting the whole mess doesn't look good on the Colts either (if you can't win, whine?  That's how we want to be seen?)
  • Members

    • jchandler7

      jchandler7 147

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Barry Sears

      Barry Sears 1,274

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Superman

      Superman 8,544

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Mindmaster

      Mindmaster 0

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Indyfan4life

      Indyfan4life 792

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • twfish

      twfish 1,065

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Shepman

      Shepman 131

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • RollerColt

      RollerColt 2,353

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PrestonColt

      PrestonColt 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Moe

      Moe 27

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...