Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cam Newton Tests positive - out vs. KC

ColtsBlueFL

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

chiefs are running away with the top seed

people questioned why i would root for the Texans over them and this is why.  dont really care about houston this year we need to be able to beat the chiefs 

It's only week 4 and you think the top seed is locked up already?

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

It's only week 4 and you think the top seed is locked up already?

yeah they have been rolling for a while now.  if dee ford didnt line up off sides they would be working on their third super bowl in a row.  they just beat the ravens on the road too

i know dungy used to say win the division first and worry about the rest later, but the chiefs have been dispatching afc south teams in the playoffs since mahomes got there.  need someone to knock them off  

18 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

yeah they have been rolling for a while now.  if dee ford didnt line up off sides they would be working on their third super bowl in a row.  they just beat the ravens on the road too

i know dungy used to say win the division first and worry about the rest later, but the chiefs have been dispatching afc south teams in the playoffs since mahomes got there.  need someone to knock them off  

Don't count your chickens before they hatch 

This season is far from over

7 minutes ago, Behle said:

Everyone reacts differently.  I know people who have had in the early summer and still have lingering problems. They are 30 ish in age as well. 

i agree with this , my feeling is just these guys are in great shape and have the best treatment money can buy .    most people getting covid are not getting any types of treatment only sitting at home .  These teams have world class treatment .  i would not be surprised to see cam test negative in a month or less

10 hours ago, coming on strong said:

cam will be back in a couple weeks . my brother  was fine after two weeks .  Its very similar to the flu the first week feels like the flu the second week feels like a mild cold then its over and you will test negative . 

That seems an overly simplistic view. 

10 hours ago, coming on strong said:

cam will be back in a couple weeks . my brother  was fine after two weeks .  Its very similar to the flu the first week feels like the flu the second week feels like a mild cold then its over and you will test negative . 

The symptoms are way too different to be certain. I know three people at work who have had it. Two were mild; the other was taken to ER in critical condition and remembers thinking he was going to die as he woke up surrounded by doctors as he was put on a ventilator. All were in their 30's. The critical condition guy recovered, but said he had lingering weakness in his knees that lasted for weeks afterwards.

One friend my dad knows says his was mild, but couldn't smell or taste anything for months. He says he knew there was a problem when he sprayed cologne on his arm and pressed it against his nose, yet couldn't smell it.

6 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

The symptoms are way too different to be certain. I know three people at work who have had it. Two were mild; the other was taken to ER in critical condition and remembers thinking he was going to die as he woke up surrounded by doctors as he was put on a ventilator. All were in their 30's. The critical condition guy recovered, but said he had lingering weakness in his knees that lasted for weeks afterwards.

One friend my dad knows says his was mild, but couldn't smell or taste anything for months. He says he knew there was a problem when he sprayed cologne on his arm and pressed it against his nose, yet couldn't smell it.

It is different across people and they're still trying to figure out why.

Read an article this am speculating that recent corona virus colds might have a protective effect

exposure duration also seems correlated with severity

But, this thing where people seem ok and then take a turn for the worse is a mystery

14 hours ago, coming on strong said:

Everyone is different. Your brother is not the same as Cam. Von Miller says he is still not 100% and he was diagnosed months ago. Some individuals have had it and have had few or no symptoms while others have recovered but still have lingering symptoms. Others have died -- lots of young folks too.  I read about a guy who was an athlete at Appalachian State. He got the virus and developed neurological problems and was unable to walk.  His dad had to carry him to the car to go to the ER. He died. He was 19.  His mother was quoted in another article I read that if he could die of it, anyone could. 

Quote:

Chad Dorrill, a 19-year-old sophomore at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina, tested positive for COVID-19 on September 7. Three weeks later, after developing serious neurological complications from the virus, he was taken off life support. His family and friends are shocked that someone so young and healthy could die from the disease. 

Link to article

19 hours ago, coming on strong said:

i agree with this , my feeling is just these guys are in great shape

Yes, but so were Big 10 athletes, and it was found there was myocarditis in close to 15 percent of athletes who had the virus, almost all of whom experienced mild or no symptoms. This is a real concern for athletes from 18-30 years of age that get Covid-19, make no mistake.

and have the best treatment money can buy .   

You know who has the treatment even money can't buy, the President of the U.S.  and the only treatment he has been given that most/all others do not have access to, the investigational antibody cocktail REGN-COV2 from Regeneron.  There's no cure nor therapeutic drug for mild cases.  But athletes (and the President) will get access to expensive imaging (CT / MR for 2) and other medical tests most of us will not receive. But most drugs (not Hydroxychloroquine) are available to all.

When cases get to moderate stage, supplemental oxygen and Remdesivir (available to all) are given to speed recovery (but they do not improve mortality rates). Remdesivir can reduce hospitalization by up to 4 days.  When cases get more severe, docs use Dexamethasone (which does reduce mortality) is effective and EDIT I just heard President Trump is now getting..  (probably somewhat as a prophylactic measure, since he does not appear in respiratory distress).

Recently, a study found high dose calcifediol (hydroxylated vitamin D3) reduces severity and nearly eliminates the need for ICU. Results revealed that 13 out of 26 patients (50%) on only Hydroxychloroquine+Azithromycin went to ICU and 2 died.

In the Hydroxychloroquine+Azithromycin plus calcifediol (D3) group, only one out of 50 (2%) patients required ICU admission, and they recovered and went home.

{Note, this hospital in Spain at that time had Hydroxychloroquine+Azithromycin as a 'best practice' treatment back then. Very few these days do, especially in the U.S.}

most people getting covid are not getting any types of treatment only sitting at home . 

Yet, any of those sitting at home can take at home what the President is getting (except the noted antibody cocktail or remdesivir or Dexamethasone as above) which is Zinc, vitamin D3, an acid reducer (like Pepsid), melatonin, and aspirin. Many folks here are on Zinc, D3, and other immune support supplements (mine includes Vitamin K2, NAC, Tumeric, Quercetin, Omega3, and Vitamin C).

But in truth, there really aren’t a lot of very effective therapies available at the mild stages of this disease. For the President, pro athletes, or you.

These teams have world class treatment .  i would not be surprised to see cam test negative in a month or less

I would epect and hope most all pro players do, and at hope they will not suffer any long term lingering effects.  But I am concerned about potential cardiac damage to some (up to 15% or so) that affect their ability to come back to the level they were prior to infection; and maybe long term.  Time will tell.

On 10/3/2020 at 12:02 PM, w87r said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/chiefs-patriots-game-not-expected-to-be-played-as-scheduled-tomorrow/

Game is postponed. Looking at Monday and Tuesday options. Don't see the game happening this week.

There's already 1 MNF game scheduled, but if they can't play this game Sunday, I don't see how pushing it back just 1 day would do much good. From Tuesday on, it would be competing with MLB playoff games, among other things. 

4 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

There's already 1 MNF game scheduled, but if they can't play this game Sunday, I don't see how pushing it back just 1 day would do much good. From Tuesday on, it would be competing with MLB playoff games, among other things. 

So far the chiefs New England game is scheduled for Monday. Things could change of course if any patriot players test positive. Games are at 7 and 850. Double header.

The Chiefs have to play Monday then play again Thursday. That is pretty bad. Nfl should get rid of Thursday night games and move them to Sunday.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

So far the chiefs New England game is scheduled for Monday. Things could change of course if any patriot players test positive. Games are at 7 and 850. Double header.

The Chiefs have to play Monday then play again Thursday. That is pretty bad. Nfl should get rid of Thursday night games and move them to Sunday.

I agree, the only Thursday NFL games should on Thanksgiving. Asking people to play 2 NFL games within 5 days (4, in this case although they should bump that game to Friday) and pretending to care about player safety is ridiculous!

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Chiefs play Monday night Oct. 5th and then Sunday Oct. 11th. 

They play on a Monday and then play on a Sunday not a Thursday. 

I do agree the NFL should do away with Thursday night games. I been saying that since it started. 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I do agree the NFL should do away with Thursday night games. I been saying that since it started. 

They really mess with schedules and routines

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I was reading they have 3 games in ten days. If that isn’t true then I apologize for the mis information.

On 10/4/2020 at 1:08 PM, crazycolt1 said:

IMO from Sunday till Thursday is not enough time for players to rejuvenate. 

For this year, I'd suggest moving all Thursday night games to Saturday evening, around 7 pm ET, just like they did the Chiefs-Patriots game. College games will just have to compete for air time. Besides, Saturday night college games are on ABC anyways and the only sister company of ABC that broadcasts NFL games is ESPN on MNF. 

Archived