Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Madden 13 Excitement

Happy2BeHere

So with MADDEN 13 due out in August...and SO MUCH changes in this years NFL teams...which team's fan base is the most excited to buy and play the new Madden?

The most relevant to me are

1) Colts

2) Broncos

3) Redskins

I am for one very excited for the new Madden...just because the Colts team is completely different!

Yea, and that's why EA keeps releasing this mediocrity every season is because you guys keep buying into it. But hey, I guess some people prefer 3D grass, player/coach likeness, pylon physics, etc. over gameplay.

Have fun with your $60 roster edit. If you were planning on buying it used, I hope you don't mind playing offline with those one-time EA use registration codes.

Yea, and that's why EA keeps releasing this mediocrity every season is because you guys keep buying into it. But hey, I guess some people prefer 3D grass, player/coach likeness, pylon physics, etc. over gameplay.

Have fun with your $60 roster edit. If you were planning on buying it used, I hope you don't mind playing offline with those one-time EA use registration codes.

I hope one day the NFL and EA's contract ends and 2k can make NFL games again.

I bought and sold my madden 12 game in like a 2-3 day span. I was a big fan of the 05-06 range of games (I think those were the right years), but I was very unimpressed with what I played in Madden 12. I'd be willing to give Madden 13 a try though if reviews make it look promising. But in the mean time I'm more of a FIFA guy right now. ^_^

I hope one day the NFL and EA's contract ends and 2k can make NFL games again.

Yea, and 2k often retailed their games for much lower than $60. NFL 2k5 retailed for $30, and to this day it's still regarded as one of the best football games. I don't remember what APF 2k8 retailed for, but I know Backbreaker retailed for $50 and Natural Motion gave tons of free copies to devoted football gaming YouTube fans.

Some people forget how cheap football games used to be not to long ago. Once EA got the license, it all went down-hill.

I still wish I had My super nintendo and regular nintendo loved those games, Im 29 now and havent seen either in 12-13 years Id love to get them back but wouldnt know where to start looking, I had all sorts of games for both

I cannot play as the colts online....it just very effective in madden online compared to some other teams. The quality of the game has somewhat decline in some areas, but if it's atleast decent like last years version I'll probably end up playing it for a bit before trading it for something else...Probably for NBA 2K13...Still hoping that after 2013-2014 the NFL doesn't sign another deal with EA. 2K Sports needs to be able to do another football game...they do it right.

I bought and sold my madden 12 game in like a 2-3 day span. I was a big fan of the 05-06 range of games (I think those were the right years), but I was very unimpressed with what I played in Madden 12. I'd be willing to give Madden 13 a try though if reviews make it look promising. But in the mean time I'm more of a FIFA guy right now. ^_^

Fifa is fun im just god awful at it currently due to lack of experience. You on xbox? If so msg me ur tag.

I buy a new one like every 2 years or so. The game has always been this way, slight brush-ups every year. If you buy it every 2-3 years then you can see the difference.

Frankly, I like the game engine and I don't want them to change it. What I wish they'd work on is the franchise mode. It was so neat when they first implemented it but they have kinda let it rot. After years of playing it, you get to figuring it out and it's no challenge.

They need to make the cap not inflate so huge, so fast.

They need to stop having your players 'awareness' rating inflate so fast after a few playoff appearances.

Trades should be far more dynamic and difficult. Should be able to trade more than 3 picks/players, as well, you should be able to use picks in trade for the following years.

All-Madden mode is too difficult and the next level down, All-Pro, is too easy. I always have to adjust the sliders dramatically to fine-tune it to where its a challenge from All-Pro.

Aside from some mode related issues, I've enjoyed playing Madden for over 20 years.

you can buy used but to play online you need a code. You can buy those separately which puts the the game at regular price.

By the way they do add other features every year. I liked that they added online franchise mode last year. To be honest, I wouldn't want wholesale changes every year. I wish there was a way to just update rosters year after year but let's be real.

you can buy used but to play online you need a code. You can buy those separately which puts the the game at regular price.

By the way they do add other features every year. I liked that they added online franchise mode last year. To be honest, I wouldn't want wholesale changes every year. I wish there was a way to just update rosters year after year but let's be real.

I should emphasize, while I agree Madden is good about adding new gameplay modes and features, they sorely lack in gameplay/engine developments. I have either played, rented, or bought the last six Madden titles, and time after time I still see online nano-blitzing, rocket catching, morphing (ie. sliding into position to tackle players, make catches, or deflect passes), and psychic manned LB's/DB's (to fabricate a sense of challenge on All-Madden difficulty).

At best, EA tweaks things up with eye-candy, like 3D grass, pylon physics, mascots, new main menu interface, etc. None of this, however, effects gameplay.